Guess who got to see the Sea Cabs yesterday???

speck76

It makes me wonder, with the Nemo and Friends stuff that is going on in TLS, and the Nemo attraction being installed at DL in the Sub Lagoon, if this would be the WDW version of the new DL attraction.....

DisJosh

I hope WDI doesn't overdo the Nemo theme. Hopefully they can integrate it with the Sea Base Alpha theme smoothly while making the pavillion live up to its enormous potential.

On another note...for anyone who has been in the Living Seas recently. Were any of the return hydrolators not working?? There was one day on my last trip when we were trying to exit Living Seas and were packed into a hydrolator. We all waited and waited and waited but nothing hapenned. Is this a common occurence?

To make matters worse, Epcots AC was completely out of commission that day. Talk about feeling like a sardine!

bgraham34

I hope they can really fix it up and make it more of an experience then just fish. I enjoyed it as a kid but the last few times it just did not do it for me.

PBarton

I remember the 'cabs from my first trip to WDW in 1996, but they were gone for my second trip in 99.

I remember a part of the ride, the Sea Cabs followed a semi circular path and I remeber seeing a large expanse of carpet on either side of the track (stange memory - I know!)

Am I right in thinking that as the cabs travelled through the corridors, there were glass sections above your head??

I really wish they would bring the Sea Cabs back.

PS Can someone please point out the entrance area to the Coral Reef restaurant - I have been to WDW 6 times since 96 and have never managed to locate it!:eek:

PhilharMagician

The Sea Cabs look amazingly shiney for sitting in that tunnel all these years with no maintenance. It almost looks like they were just recently cleaned and spit shined.

Shaman

PBarton said:
I remember the 'cabs from my first trip to WDW in 1996, but they were gone for my second trip in 99.

I remember a part of the ride, the Sea Cabs followed a semi circular path and I remeber seeing a large expanse of carpet on either side of the track (stange memory - I know!)

Am I right in thinking that as the cabs travelled through the corridors, there were glass sections above your head??

I really wish they would bring the Sea Cabs back.

PS Can someone please point out the entrance area to the Coral Reef restaurant - I have been to WDW 6 times since 96 and have never managed to locate it!:eek:

To the right of the TLS sign/rockwork/wave and towards the back...

:)

kraffty

I was just at WDW in April, and my wife told me she had never been in Living Seas!! I couldn't believe it, so I told her all about it as we walked over to the pavilion. I mentioned that you sat in a ride vehicle as it traveled past the aquarium windows (I had not been in the Living Seas since 1989). When we entered the pavilion, I thought I was going crazy!!! No ride vehicles at all!! Then my wife thought that I was crazy. Thanks for the post, it really saved my sanity!

KevinPage

From a crowd issue standpoint, I think removing the cabs and having it as a walkthrough would be the best bet.

Who wants to wait on a line to ENTER a pavillon, especially since the sea cabs trip is so short, never felt worth the wait.

jsfra209

brkgnews said:
Brightened in photoshop for your viewing pleasure...

seacab00wubba2sg.jpg

seacab01wubba5ej.jpg

Thanks for the brightening!!

General Grizz

Yes, WDI has been in Seas bunches throughout the past months. They have been looking at bringing the Sea Cabs back to life. Nemo, of course, is intended to tag along.

SirGoofy

Nice pics, I had forgotten what the are inside the ride looked like. I agree that the ride wasn't great, but it adds so much to the pavillion.

"And it rained, and rained...the deluge"(I couldn't help myself :lol: )

pilka214

YAY wut great news. it's so exciting they are coming back. tls used to be my favorite attraction, but after they closed the seacabs i have only been to the attraction about 3 times. it took so much away from the whole experience. one time i remeber while riding the sea cabs there was a huge grouper lying on the tube we were in. i swear that thing looked dead. ya a fun little story.. but alas hooray i cannot wait till they reopen them again.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
SirGoofy said:
Nice pics, I had forgotten what the are inside the ride looked like. I agree that the ride wasn't great, but it adds so much to the pavillion.

"And it rained, and rained...the deluge"(I couldn't help myself :lol: )
And when the rain stopped…drip …drip… the seas were born. :lol:

MKCP 1985

Seth141 said:
So my friend and I were at the Living Seas as we have been many times. We passed that door....the "authorized" one and our curiosity got the better of us. So we went in and saw another door and when we opened that...VOILA...we saw the SEA CABS still intact with the lights on.
It just goes to prove what my former MK assistant supervisor once said: "Whenever you see a door that says 'Authorized personnel only,' it really means, 'Open Me!' Advice to live by, my friends. :lol:

My 800th post! :sohappy:

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Where were/are the sea cabs located? Did you get on them after you walked thru the twisting path at the entrance? I have a screen saver that has a scene of the sea cabs and I was wondering what the heck they were!

Lauriebar

ksccar said:
Where were/are the sea cabs located? Did you get on them after you walked thru the twisting path at the entrance? I have a screen saver that has a scene of the sea cabs and I was wondering what the heck they were!

You boarded the sea cabs after exiting the Hydrolators. If my memory is correct I believe they were to the right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom