Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark coming this Halloween

D

Deleted member 107043

I much prefer this

Good song, and a classic, but not as fun. I especially love the campy homage to the Twilight Zone TV show at the beginning of The Manhattan Transfer track set to a rhythmic bass and a disco beat. It's like an unholy union of Disney's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and 1970's Space Mountain.

I mean seriously...

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Animaniac93-98

Take her to Tokyo and ride their Tower. It blows the creaky old version in Orlando out of the water, and is lightyears better than Anaheim's version ever was. But if you want the inferior DCA version of Tower, it's still available at Disneyland Paris, complete with deferred maintenance, broken effects, and indifferent Cast Members.

Just go to Tokyo for your Tower fix. You'll thank me later.

ToT CMs at WDSP are among the best at the resort IMO. They get really into character from what I've seen.

Stevek

Good song, and a classic, but not as fun. I especially love the campy homage to the Twilight Zone TV show at the beginning of The Manhattan Transfer track set to a rhythmic bass and a disco beat. It's like an unholy union of Disney's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and 1970's Space Mountain.

I mean seriously...

giphy.gif
I just can't stand Manhattan Transfer...one of those groups that grated on my nerves (and ears) back in the day.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Yup, pretty much what everyone says after they ride it. It's a heckuva ride and a lot more fun than Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ever was.

I agree but fun isn't everything. I rather have coherent theming, atmosphere and a properly paced experience over mindlessly bouncing in front of a big screen tv for 2 min. It's a real shame because Mission: Budget Cuts does have some nice things in it but being shoehorned into Tower pretty much kills it.

TP2000

Original Poster
I agree but fun isn't everything. I rather have coherent theming, atmosphere and a properly paced experience over mindlessly bouncing in front of a big screen tv for 2 min. It's a real shame because Mission: Budget Cuts does have some nice things in it but being shoehorned into Tower pretty much kills it.

Okay. We will mark you firmly in the "Hate It" column.

SSG

OK, I finally got on MB over the weekend and my reaction was pretty much what I thought it would be: a fun queue with a bunch of Marvel goodies to look over; a really impressive Rocket AA; a juiced up ride experience made more repeatable because of the different sequences, all housed in a really hideous looking attraction building.

All in all, I thought it was a bit better than TOT, but not by a huge margin.

vancee

Will there be a Christmas overlay!?!?!?!? Sadly, I'll miss the Halloween overlay. I will be there for the marathon in November, that's when they start Christmas I believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom