Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark coming this Halloween

SoManyWasps

I just rode Monsters After Dark today and I loved it! It's exactly what I expected to get from the original version/ MB but didn't get. MAD really utilizes the ride system and I absolutely loved the drop profile and how unpredictable it was. I had no idea what to expect and I was genuinely terrified for a good portion of the ride. It didn't feel bouncy like MB does.

I think the heavy metal(?) music works much better with this ride than the uppity oldies they use in MB. Also, I like the fact that you only see the monster, Groot and rocket. There is something about CGI that seems much less cheesy when human beings are NOT involved.
The lighting and the music queues do a lot of the heavy lifting on MAD in terms of getting a fear response from riders.

mickEblu

Funny you mentioned the drop profile. They're pretty much using the "Born to be wild" drop profile for MAD

Oh didn't know that. I have only been on "free ride" and "Give up the funk" both of which weren't nearly as intense. They must have went with "born to be wild" because they think it's the most thrilling.

Emmanuel

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 7.58.47 AM.png

The song from Monsters After Dark is now on iTunes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom