Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

Professortango1

Wow this actually looks really fun (does anyone else think their collection room looks a bit better than ours?)

completely unrelated but after watching that video I stumbled upon this. Really wish the states could get something similar!

Yeah, their Collector's Room seems to blow ours away. If only they had gone with the original idea of enclosing the outdoor queue and using a larger space.

I love the production value on their haunted houses. I'd kill to see something that technical and detailed at anything here in southern California. I've always wanted Disney to embrace spooky and thrilling and give Haunt fans an alternative to campy gore at Knotts and dour gore at Universal. Would love to just see really well done effects and rooms.

Ismael Flores

To bad they can't repurpose the ride system from stitch escape and reuse it in DCA for a Marvel themed alien attraction.
They really screwed up when they got rid of the original attraction and added stitch. The attraction would have been perfect for Disney Hollywood studio or Any non magic kingdom park

Phroobar

They could totally put the Mission Dimensions of Danger in the upper floor of Innoventions. Problem is they would never get enough people through the walk thru. The line would be hours long.

Curious Constance

46N3w.gif

LOL :)

SSG

MiceChat rumor update says this is coming:

And that brings us to the plans for this fall, when the attention turns back to DCA. In an attempt to move as many seasonal offerings out of Disneyland and over to DCA before Star Wars Land opens in 2019, the Halloween season will begin a two-year project to shift focus from Disneyland to DCA. The first phase of that plan arrives this September, when two new Halloween overlays arrive at DCA’s most popular E Ticket attractions. A Halloween overlay is already being planned for Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, using a “lights out” segment of the ride that was popular during Tower of Terror’s Late Check-Out gimmick last fall. The Mission: BREAKOUT! pre-show and on-ride experience itself will all be changed for this spookier Halloween overlay, with a new song and new effects, which is quite a bold move by TDA considering this already wildly popular E Ticket only opened in May.

Phroobar

And that brings us to the plans for this fall, when the attention turns back to DCA. In an attempt to move as many seasonal offerings out of Disneyland and over to DCA before Star Wars Land opens in 2019, the Halloween season will begin a two-year project to shift focus from Disneyland to DCA. The first phase of that plan arrives this September, when two new Halloween overlays arrive at DCA’s most popular E Ticket attractions. A Halloween overlay is already being planned for Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, using a “lights out” segment of the ride that was popular during Tower of Terror’s Late Check-Out gimmick last fall. The Mission: BREAKOUT! pre-show and on-ride experience itself will all be changed for this spookier Halloween overlay, with a new song and new effects, which is quite a bold move by TDA considering this already wildly popular E Ticket only opened in May.
If they are trying to make DCA the "Halloween Park", does that mean we will eventually see the end of the perversion of the Haunted Mansion each year?

I know. Jack will come back every year... forever.

FerretAfros

If they are trying to make DCA the "Halloween Park", does that mean we will eventually see the end of the perversion of the Haunted Mansion each year?

I know. Jack will come back every year... forever.
Doubtful. The regular version of the attraction is far more Halloweenie than the Holiday version. The only reason they do the overlay for Halloweentime is because there's not enough time between Halloween and the launch of the Christmas season (usually about 10 days) to install the holiday overlay. So instead, they close the attraction in August to put up the Christmas decorations, because that somehow makes sense

I'm actually surprised that DCA hasn't done more for Halloween recently. When Halloweentime launched in 2006, DCA had just as much as DL, if not more. It hosted the upcharge parties, had lots of decorations, introduced the Golden Screams show to the Golden Dreams theater, and even did some enhancements to Tower of Terror. The focus gradually shifted through the years, particularly after the fireworks were added to DL in 2009 (nightly for all guests, with the upcharge parties still at DCA), and DCA stopped doing Halloween completely during the big construction years and never recovered.

Interestingly, DCA always had longterm vision for Halloween. TSMM was designed with game overlays for Halloween and Christmas, which could be swapped in during a routine overnight closure, but they've never done it for whatever reason. Additionally, the Candy Corn Acres decorations that were originally used in the Sunshine Plaza were intended to be moved to the Bountiful Valley Farm area, since they knew the entry would be completely redone in a couple years; ironically, the parkwide redo also erased most of the Farm area, leaving it as little more than a transition between the Cars and Bugs areas, making those decorations useless.

As much as I welcome Halloween back to DCA, I question the wisdom of adding holiday overlays to only the 2 most popular attractions, one of which won't even been 4 months old at the launch of the promotion. Those will have long queues and be running at capacity regardless; they won't pull any more guests into the park, since they simply can't process any more guests. That effort would be more wisely spent adding overlays to attractions with underutilized capacity or more seasonal entertainment.

That said, I'm especially looking forward to decorations on Buena Vista Street; historically speaking, it's a much more appropriate era for the holiday than Main Street (most of whose holiday decorations are really from the 20's anyway), and it's always fun to see something new

Professortango1

Doubtful. The regular version of the attraction is far more Halloweenie than the Holiday version. The only reason they do the overlay for Halloweentime is because there's not enough time between Halloween and the launch of the Christmas season (usually about 10 days) to install the holiday overlay. So instead, they close the attraction in August to put up the Christmas decorations, because that somehow makes sense

Don't know if I can agree with you on that. Candles, jack o'lanters, lights, malicious music, skulls and decorations...these all seem much more Halloweenie than the original Mansion. I love Haunted Mansion, but HMH does seem more festive and celebrates the Halloween season beautifully. It wouldn't feel like Halloween without all the pluses.

BrianLo

Obviously backlot is not long for this world, but Monsters Inc would actually make the most sense to overlay (to the level of Haunted Mansion Holiday).

But I understand they don't want to keep Backlot as the temporary seasonal dumping ground forever and may/likely not even be around by 2019.

I'm for the GoTG Halloween offering and RSR. TSMM makes sense too. As someone said though not a lot of sense to only use the most popular attractions in the park... DCA just currently isn't lacking for many options.

Ironically I think people have been dragging the Chapek quote of making the attraction easier to swap out through the mud... but I think this is what he meant by that. Making it easier to offer seasonal offerings... which have proven to be extremely popular year after year.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ironically I think people have been dragging the Chapek quote of making the attraction easier to swap out through the mud... but I think this is what he meant by that. Making it easier to offer seasonal offerings... which have proven to be extremely popular year after year.

I agree with this. Some of the most popular offerings have been the seasonal ones. And they keep getting updated almost every year. I mean look at HMH, it debuted 16 years ago and they are still updating it.

So yeah if things keep getting updated I'm all for more seasonal offerings within existing and new attractions.

Suspirian

I'm into it!! I could see it being similar to Alien Encounter and have creature sound effect going off in the dark. The RCR overlay on the other hand sounds a bit silly. I'd rather see the TSMM overlay

Last edited:

SSG

20170417186.jpg

Fri, July 14, 2017
‘Extra’ Extra Magic Hour to Experience Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! for Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests
803931bf88bfbf87dd0df97940613f9e

by Michael Ramirez, Public Relations Manager, Disney Destinations

It’s no surprise that the new attraction at Disney California Adventure park, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, has left guests wanting an encore ride. It’s an exciting adventure with a rocking soundtrack, stunning visual and audio effects and favorite characters from the blockbuster films and comics.

sdkh4798941.jpg

For a limited time, we’re offering an exclusive perk for Disneyland Resort hotel guests: “Extra” Extra Magic Hour to enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! one hour after Disney California Adventure park closes, on select days. That means extra time to help Rocket free his friends from the clutches of The Collector’s Fortress!

Guests staying at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort can enjoy “Extra” Extra Magic Hour during the following dates and times:

• July 23 through August 30 (Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)*, available one hour after park closes; separate theme park admission and valid hotel key card required
This “Extra” Extra Magic Hour offering is an additional bonus to staying at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort. As a registered Disneyland Resort hotel guest, you’ll not only have easy access to both Disneyland Resort theme parks, but also an early morning admission option—Extra Magic Hour*—to a designated theme park on select mornings (separate theme park admission and valid hotel key card required)!

Click here to book your epic Disneyland Resort vacation today!

vancee

Oh yeah!!! I am going next week at the Disneyland Hotel, perfect :). I'm going to get a chance to ride one of the sexiest rides ever, with little to no line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom