Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

Phroobar

sdkh4798941.jpg

I want to ride GOTB:MB with a pink lady.
pink-lady-drink-3-600x600.jpg

PiratesMansion

Probably a bit late, but I finally got to ride it yesterday and while it was fun and more thrillling than TOT, I think I ultimately prefer TOT. I like the exterior more in person than I thought I would, and the boiler room looked better without the cartoony 'face boulder' that was there before. Still, I felt like something was missing.

Granted, I have never seen a Guardians movie and that may be part of it. But between that and Soarin' over the World, DCA is less compelling *to me* than it was during my last visit in 2015.

No Name

If the Collector was smart, wouldn't he have dropped his tower in Disneyland Park rather than DCA? Disneyland gets millions more visitors every year, which means more people to see his collection. He could've put it right in front of the castle!! Instead it's in the back of a lesser park.

That dumba$$ didn't do his research.

On a side note, I wonder how he feels about Pixar Pier. If he hates it like I do, I'll stop insulting him.

George Lucas on a Bench

Probably a bit late, but I finally got to ride it yesterday and while it was fun and more thrillling than TOT, I think I ultimately prefer TOT. I like the exterior more in person than I thought I would, and the boiler room looked better without the cartoony 'face boulder' that was there before. Still, I felt like something was missing.

Granted, I have never seen a Guardians movie and that may be part of it. But between that and Soarin' over the World, DCA is less compelling *to me* than it was during my last visit in 2015.

You're just in time for me to agree with you. I've never seen the Marvel funny book movies and the new Soarin' was a huge disappointment for me. It even has the smell of cut grass, which I absolutely despise.

JoFu

If the Collector was smart, wouldn't he have dropped his tower in Disneyland Park rather than DCA? Disneyland gets millions more visitors every year, which means more people to see his collection. He could've put it right in front of the castle!! Instead it's in the back of a lesser park.

On a side note, I wonder how he feels about Pixar Pier. If he hates it like I do, I'll stop insulting him.
When they turn the castle into a new GotG ride, we'll have you to blame.

SuddenStorm

I do find the new backstory to be a bit more meta than I'm comfortable with. It's a hamfisted backstory in an attempt to make Marvel in a Disney park work, since it doesn't.

GiveMeTheMusic

TDA update for those interested: GOTG/Summer of Heroes is not pulling the numbers TDA expected. Summer has been soft all around, but that might be because the goalposts keep moving due to demanded annual growth regardless of circumstance.

In park managers are being worked to the bone. When one quits, they are not replaced. Those who are left are dealing with distinctly unmagical working conditions.

Attendance is low. DLR is now dependent on AP attendance for crowds, and with mass blackouts, the day guests paying full price just aren't there. Maybe the tickets are really too expensive? We'll never know because prices don't move backward.

Californian Elitist

TDA update for those interested: GOTG/Summer of Heroes is not pulling the numbers TDA expected. Summer has been soft all around, but that might be because the goalposts keep moving due to demanded annual growth regardless of circumstance.

In park managers are being worked to the bone. When one quits, they are not replaced. Those who are left are dealing with distinctly unmagical working conditions.

Attendance is low. DLR is now dependent on AP attendance for crowds, and with mass blackouts, the day guests paying full price just aren't there. Maybe the tickets are really too expensive? We'll never know because prices don't move backward.

Not one part of this news surprises me. SMH Typical Disney.

SSG

But Chapek said MB was the top rated ride in the history of rides re-themed to comic book hero rides (or something).

Ismael Flores

Doesn't surprise me, the marketing for summer of heroes wasn't very good and i also think it started a bit late into the season.
Add to that the higher prices and the awful hot weather that is probably keep locals away and it's probably been a summer perfect for out of town guests with less crowds.

choco choco

Attendance for theme parks last summer was low too. Multiple insiders reported on soft figures here on the West Coast, and I posted about going to a sparsely populated Harry Potter Land last summer (on a Saturday), the first summer it was open!

Yes, prices are too high, but I'm heartened that the bean-counters are seeing that slapping a cheap overlay on an existing attraction doesn't bring in crowds. Hopefully they will stop doing that kind of in the future.

Suspirian

Not surprised. I was there yesterday and the area was dead with one Thor meet and greet.

Also I finally rode Guardians. Fun but very confusing.

D

Deleted member 107043

but I'm heartened that the bean-counters are seeing that slapping a cheap overlay on an existing attraction doesn't bring in crowds. Hopefully they will stop doing that kind of **** in the future.

Oh don't worry, they'll be back once the AP blackouts have been lifted. Current waits at the parks for popular E tickets are anywhere from 30 - 75 minutes, so it's not so slow that anyone visiting today is getting a significant break from standby lines.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Not surprised in the least...

And to think of all that money they spent on the huge Summer of Heroes sign for the entrance...:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom