Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

BrianLo

Is figment in this queue?

I'm just curious from those scathing tweets (yes, at least admitted they were second hand). They obviously had a lot of new true info (Harold, Rocket) but then also weirdly several things were quite wrong (3D glasses, there actually are sets in front of the screens, the motion sickness bit too seems an incorrect assumption).

So did figment also become part of their bad telephone game?

Edit: just had a look at the twitter user, surprise surprise they rope dropped the attraction opening day.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

Much better than Eisner era 'overlays'.

They were truly the worst. Haunted Mansion Holiday, Journey Into Your Imagination, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Rocket Rods, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Tarzan's Treehouse, Haunted Mansion Holiday, The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Stitch's Great Escape, Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Curious Constance

I'm just curious from those scathing tweets (yes, at least admitted they were second hand). They obviously had a lot of new true info (Harold, Rocket) but then also weirdly several things were quite wrong (3D glasses, there actually are sets in front of the screens, the motion sickness bit too seems an incorrect assumption).

I had the same question, I haven't seen him, and we've been looking at as much of the collection online as we can..

BrianLo

I made the mistake of wadding deep into twitter. I love you guys, even when we argue (incessantly), people wind up civil and happy at the end of the day... usually. A few twitter users are having a melt down because things didn't go their way and people like the attraction. Andy Castro is spinning and is equally enraged about Pandora. It's one thing that people are upset and have concerns, it's another to watch people who get joy out of failure...

Our scathing twitter user upgraded his comments to 'fine' and is disappointed the ride didn't make him puke.

Curious Constance

I made the mistake of wadding deep into twitter. I love you guys, even when we argue (incessantly), people wind up civil and happy at the end of the day... usually. A few twitter users are having a melt down because things didn't go their way and people like the attraction. Andy Castro is spinning and is equally enraged about Pandora. It's one thing that people are upset and have concerns, it's another to watch people who get joy out of failure...

Our scathing twitter user upgraded his comments to 'fine' and is disappointed the ride didn't make him puke.
The guy who used to do Dateline Disneyland at Micechat? Are you serious? He's losing it?

dweezil78

Edit: just had a look at the twitter user, surprise surprise they rope dropped the attraction opening day.

He's there (in the lobby) but realllly hard to see, unlike Harold in the boiler room!

BrianLo

The guy who used to do Dateline Disneyland at Micechat? Are you serious? He's losing it?

Ya, but he is just burnt out, which is sad because there is a lot more excitement happening these days than his years of coverage.

Also... Rohde finally mic drops. The controversy is over, there is no subtext. He's proud of his work and was on board.

https://t.co/sUaFA8q4Kk?amp=1

Curious Constance

Ya, but he is just burnt out, which is sad because there is a lot more excitement happening these days than his years of coverage.

Also... Rohde finally mic drops. The controversy is over, there is no subtext. He's proud of his work and was on board.

I thought he stopped doing the updates so he could pursue other interests? Sounds like he's having a hard time moving on. I'm interested to see what he's saying, but ultimately I'll save myself some blood pressure points if I steer clear.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Unfortunately they can't let go their hate for ANYTHING that Disney management does to see clearly. They can only see a project in the eyes of what it was and how it used to be but not for what it is today. Their forums still have people hating over the projects even though they haven't ridden it.

Its one of the main reason I left those forums and came over here. And while some of those haters have made their way over here the majority have squished or ignored their negativity.

D

Deleted member 107043

Copying and pasting his post here. I now have a fresh level of respect for Rhode and his work at WDI. Again, this is a tremendous day for Disney Parks.

• Today, on each coast, two projects opened to overwhelming crowds and very high praise. Both of these were the results of incredible teamwork by talented and devoted individuals, some of whom worked both projects!! I had the privilege of overseeing these, but make no mistake, the work was done by two extremely talented groups of master storytellers. It interests me that both projects were announced to considerable skepticism. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and skepticism is a crucial component of good creative work. But there is something I wanted to comment on. Much of this skepticism was directed at the idea that "nobody cared" about these subjects. This is a false lead. Subject is nothing to holler about. Treatment is how stories work. Do you want to hear a story about two girls in a boat, a spaceship, a lost dog, or a man struggling with his identity? How could anyone possibly know? What makes story great is how it is told, not what it is about. If humans only told stories about subjects that people were familiar with and never changed the subject, every story on earth would be about a successful mammoth hunt. We, who are storytellers, take our charge seriously. We open the dream-channels of human minds, so that people have the power to believe in something more than what they believed yesterday, more than they see with their eyes. And hopefully, they transfer that open belief in the yet-unseen to other enterprises, to science, medicine, architecture, and politics. We always need new stories, about what? No one can say. But if they are well told, moving, and inspiring, they will work like seeds in a garden to help us all grow.

Curious Constance

He's there (in the lobby) but realllly hard to see, unlike Harold in the boiler room!

Oh my god we saw that earlier but totally saw something different lol I won't say what we thought it was, as I do have an ounce of dignity left.

I wonder if Harold's eyes are going to glow red?

The Collector's office is so stuffed full of things to look at!!!!

Seeing what I'm seeing out of this ride, and out of Disney in general the last few years on serious projects, I can't even imagine how amazing Star Wars Land is going to be, and it kind of makes me worry it's going to finally bust Disneyland at the seams.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh my god we saw that earlier but totally saw something totally different lol

I wonder if Harold's eyes are going to glow red.

The Collector's office is so stuffed full of things to look at!!!!

Seeing what I'm seeing out of this ride, and out of Disney in general the last few years on serious projects, I can't even imagine how amazing Star Wars Land is going to be, and it kind of makes me worry it's going to finally bust Disneyland at the seams.

I'm also waiting with excitement with the thoughts of whats to come in terms of the rest of Marvel projects to DCA.

Curious Constance

Unfortunately they can't let go their hate for ANYTHING that Disney management does to see clearly. They can only see a project in the eyes of what it was and how it used to be but not for what it is today. Their forums still have people hating over the projects even though they haven't ridden it.

Its one of the main reason I left those forums and came over here. And while some of those haters have made their way over here the majority have squished or ignored their negativity.

I can get along with all kinds of people with no problem both online and in real life, but you haved to at least be reasonable.

sedati

The arguments against GOTG are more longterm concerns and the precedent it sets about how theme is taken into account in a theme park. Messing with the formula that made Disney parks what they are is dangerous.

And not messing with that formula is also dangerous. Art born of too many rules or restrictions is bound to be mediocre.

Think of this as an experiment or test. Boundaries were pushed and as a result, I think they learned things both good and bad. Either way I think it will strengthen the parks in the long term far more than playing it safe and familiar.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I recall many people saying stuff like this

By the way here is his reaction video after riding it. He was basically speechless for the first part of the video saying over and over its intense. You can tell in his initial reaction he didn't want to like it but does. He also had to think real hard about wanting to answer if in his opinion its better to ToT or not. He took the easy way out and just said it was a different experience and was awesome.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And not messing with that formula is also dangerous. Art born of too many rules or restrictions is bound to be mediocre.

Think of this as an experiment or test. Boundaries were pushed and as a result, I think they learned things both good and bad. Either way I think it will strengthen the parks in the long term far more than playing it safe and familiar.

Yep when you use the same formula over and over it becomes too safe and boring. You lose creativity and become stale. You have to break out of that formula mold and try something new and I believe they did it hear and with Pandora. I hope, and from what I can see they are doing it, that Star Wars Land will push the envelope even further with immersive lands. I wait with excitement that the additional Marvel offerings to come into DCA will also push the envelope as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom