Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

mickEblu

It just goes to show that Disney really does know what they are doing despite what certain people around here say. The loss of a little bit of ROA for a great waterfalls and train bridges and SWL will be great additions to the best park in the world.

And we ve made this decision based off of long lines on opening day, glowing reactions from bloggers and reporters who don't want to Disney off/ keep getting invited to special events and people who are just excited to freefall again? I'm sure the ride is fun but I think it's a little premature to call it a success. If it's as popular as TOT was in 13 years I'll agree with you then....nevermind, I forgot it ll still be ugly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

I'm sure the ride is fun but I think it's a little premature to call it a success. If it's as popular as TOT was in 13 years I'll agree with you then....nevermind, I forgot it ll still be ugly.

I'm praying to the Blue Fairy that MB lasts longer than 13 years. I don't think I can survive another collective mental meltdown from online fans over this ride, because surely that's what will happen.

mickEblu

I'm praying to the Blue Fairy that MB lasts longer than 13 years. I don't think I can survive another collective mental meltdown from online fans over this ride, because surely that's what will happen.

If they repaint it and takes down some of the pipes I think you ll hear collective cheers.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

And we ve made this decision based off of long lines on opening day, glowing reactions from bloggers and reporters who don't want to **** Disney off/ keep getting invited to special events and people who are just excited to freefall again? I'm sure the ride is fun but I think it's a little premature to call it a success. If it's as popular as TOT was in 13 years I'll agree with you then....nevermind, I forgot it ll still be ugly.

Dusty Sage has been badmouthing this ride for months, like bad, bad mouthing it. He's already blacklisted from Disney media events, per his words. He rode it and said it was awesome, he said he guarantees everyone will like it if they give it a try. Not that he's the golden standard, but I think that's saying quite a bit.

mickEblu

Dusty Sage has been badmouthing this ride for months, like bad, bad mouthing it. He's already blacklisted from Disney media events, per his words. He rode it and said it was awesome, he said he guarantees everyone will like it if they give it a try. Not that he's the golden standard, but I think that's saying quite a bit.

Sounds like he's trying to get off the blacklist ;). Lol

Travel Junkie

It just goes to show that Disney really does know what they are doing despite what certain people around here say. The loss of a little bit of ROA for a great waterfalls and train bridges and SWL will be great additions to the best park in the world.

As a pure business move, yes it will bring in more merch sales than TOT and I'm sure no one has ever disputed that. If that is the only thing we are judging and there is an argument that is all that matters, then fine yes it was a smart move. The arguments against GOTG are more longterm concerns and the precedent it sets about how theme is taken into account in a theme park. Messing with the formula that made Disney parks what they are is dangerous.

And no Disneyland is not the best park in the world. At least to the 99.9999% that have been to Japan, maybe even Europe.

mickEblu

As a pure business move, yes it will bring in more merch sales than TOT and I'm sure no one has ever disputed that. If that is the only thing we are judging and there is an argument that is all that matters, then fine yes it was a smart move. The arguments against GOTG are more longterm concerns and the precedent it sets about how theme is taken into account in a theme park. Messing with the formula that made Disney parks what they are is dangerous.

Agree. I removed the part of your post I didn't like

D

Deleted member 107043

Dusty Sage has been badmouthing this ride for months, like bad, bad mouthing it. He's already blacklisted from Disney media events, per his words. He rode it and said it was awesome...

Of course it is. Anyone with a lick of common sense should have known that if ToT was awesome Mission Breakout would be too. It's the same ride (as many of us said repeatedly) with updated drop profiles built around one of Disney's hottest IPs. The drama over GoTG was completely overblown, and Disney bloggers so hasty to draw conclusions (and clicks) were partially to blame for it.

Tom Morrow

It looks far more exhilarating of an experience than ToT. The immediate launch, the constant motion, the upbeat music, the rapid pace of the scenes, an upgraded lighting package in the elevator with lots of drastic light effects. This ride has been fully upgraded to 2017. Sorry for another DHS comparison but it kind of makes the DHS drop profiles, which are almost completely dark with almost no lighting effects (and what lighting effects were there have been MIA for years) seem very tired and outdated.

D

Deleted member 107043

Well, there is sarcasm and truth to be found in my posts. It's up to you to decide.

tumblr_inline_o28vlebP671rpd01m_500.gif

BrianLo

I don't think any of us doubted the ride wouldn't be fun. Disney is sometimes good at making overall bad choices fun experiences.

Not you, but there were a few posters who thought the angry YouTube comments would translate to the ride being rejected, boycotted and converted back or torn down. I argued this would be a Frozen situation, whose low expectations would give way to a pleasant surprise. I think the Frozen situation is very apt, the outrage peeked and suddenly the whole narrative has reversed.

Like Frozen this is not to say none of the things people were concerned with were invalid... both have placement concerns, Frozen has serious capacity issues and Guardians has serious exterior controversy, but both critically wound up surprise hits.

I've been on the more pro stance, but even I admittedly am surprised that things were way better on the interior than I thought they'd be. Really did not expect that rocket AA, it's brilliant. I just saw at the end that he reaches down into the glass case to grab Peter's Walkman. That's honestly the type of thing I've only seen in Mystic Manor and a reason I love that ride so much. As an AA fan that single pre show room is quite possibly in the running for best all time pre shows. Much better than the surround sound audio to pretend Rocket was in the vents that I believed they'd pull. Much better than Eisner era 'overlays'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom