Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

dweezil78

Wow so much anger over a simple sign! FWIW, it's not all off-center like the photo upstream kinda looks... Could be way more obnoxious and tacky. As someone else mentioned, it's totally in-line with the Marvel logo.

Early reviews all are saying the ride is great btw...But as you know, first reactions (especially pre-opening) have a way of being overly excited and maybe more positive than they should be.

DAPfJWzUAAEbfjB.jpg:large

muse1983

Wow so much anger over a simple sign! FWIW, it's not all off-center like the photo upstream kinda looks... Could be way more obnoxious and tacky. As someone else mentioned, it's totally in-line with the Marvel logo.

Early reviews all are saying the ride is great btw...But as you know, first reactions (especially pre-opening) have a way of being overly excited and maybe more positive than they should be.

DAPfJWzUAAEbfjB.jpg:large
What early reviews are you referring to? I have yet to find any

BubbaQuest

It's a typical block of two-color font you would find on the front of a comic book. And they're advertising a comic book IP. Seems thematic to me.

1200px-MarvelLogo.svg.png

Oh, I get that. But they didn't even try to make it period or location appropriate. The entrance to DCA is probably one of the most iconic deco buildings of old LA and they just plopped the current Marvel logo on top. Kinda like dropping a birthday cake on top of one of the most iconic theme park castles. Oh wait....

D

Deleted member 107043

It's likely that one of the reasons why DCA gets these types of promotional signs placed above the park's entrance is because the TV and print ads often say Disneyland Resort instead of explicitly stating that the campaign is exclusive to Disney California Adventure.

I can imagine even with all the signage and Marvel branding pointing at DCA there will be a few dummies who'll walk up Main Street USA looking for Captain America.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Heard from a CM friend who rode it last night. Said it was awesome, and the other CM's who rode it all raved about its "awesomeness".

The most interesting thing she said though was that the whole ride experience is different than ToT in that it lasts longer. 3-5 minutes was her guess. Its more involved than just ups and downs...hence all the screens and whatnot.

dweezil78

Heard from a CM friend who rode it last night. Said it was awesome, and the other CM's who rode it all raved about its "awesomeness".

The most interesting thing she said though was that the whole ride experience is different than ToT in that it lasts longer. 3-5 minutes was her guess. Its more involved than just ups and downs...hence all the screens and whatnot.

That's what I'm hearing too. The feedback I got was that it was an entirely different ride experience and extremely fun. Not simply a re-skin where you stop on two floors, watch a scene, and then have a drop sequence. The whole experience has changed.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

That's what I'm hearing too. The feedback I got was that it was an entirely different ride experience and extremely fun. Not simply a re-skin where you stop on two floors, watch a scene, and then have a drop sequence. The whole experience has changed.
I mean, you still go up and down...but now theres just more involved in the process haha.

Phroobar

Hey, that isn't good. We are suppose to hate the ride and how cheaply it was overlayed. We are suppose to hate all things new until it opens officially. Tow the forum line!

Ismael Flores

It's likely that one of the reasons why DCA gets these types of promotional signs placed above the park's entrance is because the TV and print ads often say Disneyland Resort instead of explicitly stating that the campaign is exclusive to Disney California Adventure.

I can imagine even with all the signage and Marvel branding pointing at DCA there will be a few dummies who'll walk up Main Street USA looking for Captain America.

Its amazing how many times that happens, I remembering hearing people asking where the World of Color show was playing while at Disneyland. When the CM tells them its at the other park they argue that they are reading it on the entertainment sheet which usually has both parks entertainment and when Tower opened people would ask CM's how they could get to the hollywood area, that used to happen when the resort maps had both parks on the same brochure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom