Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Disney Irish

Premium Member
A change like that would've been made already, this is the way it'll be staying.

The glass conatiners in the concept art are what the Collector has trapped the Guardians in. Nothing ever suggested that we, the guests, would be riding in those. We are breaking or sneaking into the tower to save the Guardians, in which case, it makes sense to hijack a freight evelator to get up. Taking the stairs wouldn't be very fun, would it?

The Collector doesn't "have us" riding in freight elevators. He didn't invite us.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually the story is that we "the guests" are invited by The Collector to see his new exhibit The Guardians of the Galaxy. Once inside Rocket convinces us to help him break out The Guardians and the rest of the exhibits and all hell breaks loose. This part has been confirmed by Disney.

This part is my assumption. What I assume the elevator portion is suppose to be is us going to the location where The Guardians are suppose to be housed. And that is where Rocket will "mess" with the system and cause the elevator to drop wildly.

But again back to the original point of your post, the glass cages in the rendition is for the exhibits. We are not the exhibits, we are suppose to be there to view the exhibits. The elevator is just that, an elevator.

Disney Analyst

Actually the story is that we "the guests" are invited by The Collectors to see his new exhibit The Guardians of the Galaxy. Once inside Rocket convinces us to help him break out The Guardians and the rest of the exhibits and all hell breaks loose. This part has been confirmed by Disney.

This part is my assumption. What I assume the elevator portion is suppose to be is us going to the location where The Guardians are suppose to be housed. And that is where Rocket will "mess" with the system and cause the elevator to drop wildly.

I kind of thought the idea was that he was going to collect you, and the elevator was actually your container being stored somewhere, and Rocket is helping them and you get out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I kind of thought the idea was that he was going to collect you, and the elevator was actually your container being stored somewhere, and Rocket is helping them and you get out.

Nope, we are suppose to be his VIP Guest:

"Deep inside his fortress-like collection, the mysterious Taneleer Tivan (aka The Collector) is displaying his newest acquisitions, the Guardians of the Galaxy. They are trapped in customized display cases, suspended over a vast abyss. Unbeknownst to their unscrupulous captor, the intrepid Rocket has escaped and is enlisting the Collector’s VIP guests for help. Guests board a gantry lift, which launches them into a chaotic and hilarious adventure as they join Rocket in an attempt to break his fellow Guardians out of captivity."

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...disney-california-adventure-park-summer-2017/

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Compromise after compromise with this weak half-assed overlay. They didn't even try to make the elevators into something unique. Gantry lift? lol

Somewhere in an alternate universe Disney is building an all new original GOTG attraction with a new and exciting ride system instead of Mission: Cheap Out.

Curious Constance

IMG_6105.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
All those pipes... Lord, have mercy. Hideous, just hideous. And those atrocious colors and that random black strip (unless that part isn't complete). Leaves me scratching me head, trying to figure out what exactly they were thinking with this.

So... are you saying you don't like the look of it?

Like you've done for about 20 of your 230 posts in this thread? (And that's not counting all the arguments why the theme doesn't fit... just "I don't like it's look" posts.)

I'll make a note of it: @raven24 doesn't like the way GotG:MB looks.

Californian Elitist

So... are you saying you don't like the look of it?

Like you've done for about 20 of your 230 posts in this thread? (And that's not counting all the arguments why the theme doesn't fit... just "I don't like it's look" posts.)

I'll make a note of it: @raven24 doesn't like the way GotG:MB looks.

I surely am, and I'm going to continue doing so, just as those who are in favor continue to repeat themeselves and voice their opinions. Hell, I might just write up yet ANOTHER post on how much I hate the look of this building and the idea as a whole. Maybe I'll include multiple paragraphs.

How do you think his thread got to hundreds of pages?

If you don't like it, either get over it or ignore me. Pick and choose, sir.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I surely am, and I'm going to continue doing so, just as those who are in favor continue to repeat themeselves and voice their opinions. Hell, I might just write up yet ANOTHER post on how much I hate the look of this building and the idea as a whole. Maybe I'll include multiple paragraphs.

How do you think his thread got to hundreds of pages?

If you don't like it, either get over it or ignore me. Pick and choose, sir.

CaptainAmerica

Mission: Cheap Out.
Wouldn't the "cheap out" solution have been to just leave Tower as it was? If you think this is cheap, that would have been literally free.

I actually think the building looks pretty cool. I wouldn't want it in DHS because I love the look and feel of Hollywood Boulevard, but I have no great love for the DCA "theming" overall so this doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom