Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Professortango1

If the boiler room stays the same and the library rooms keep their same lay out for the pre shows I have hard time seeing how their is any build up for the collectors collections. The old lobby is not very big. So I'm guessing you just walk in the old lobby and the guardians are in glass cases right in your face? Unless of course they combine the old outdoor queue and the lobby space.

If they knock out the wall behind the front desk, guests can queue around the entire room and have the center house a display case or two. It'll be like the new King Kong at Universal which has one animatronic in a case. We might get a little more than 1, but probably not anything too much.

D

Deleted member 107043

They might as well gutted the preshow from Star Tours and put in a bunch of fake Star Wars props.

TOT had props from the Twighlight Zone TV show leading up to the elevators.

Like I said a while back this is going to be basically the same experience and ride just with a different story.

rle4lunch

If they knock out the wall behind the front desk, guests can queue around the entire room and have the center house a display case or two. It'll be like the new King Kong at Universal which has one animatronic in a case. We might get a little more than 1, but probably not anything too much.

I don't know if anyone else shares the same sentiment, but I think the new Kong ride s-u-c-k-s. Beautiful queue, nice ride layout, but the screens... the horror.... that and the water spat into your face gets old real quick. plus, that feature is completely played out on other rides already.

I get it, screens are MUCH more economical for the parks in terms of upkeep, but man oh man are the annoying. There's nothing worse than having to don special glasses and then being carted around from movie screen to movie screen.. Forbidden Journey is the exception, mainly because they have so many other practical props on that ride besides the screens, but gringott's got sequelitis (more screens = better!).

Same goes for Soarin 2.0. I was really, really looking forward to something great with the new film, but man did the take a crap all over that once glorious and fun ride.

mickEblu

Yeah possible but I doubt it. Looks like they re part of one of the show scenes.

Suspirian

From the LA Times:

Rocket Raccoon has escaped and is hiding in the overhead ventilation system. He lays out a plan for a high-stakes prison break to free his fellow Guardians and asks for the visitors’ help. But first he needs the visitors to scan their human hands at the security checkpoint station because his raccoon paw won’t work, according to Nerdist.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-tr-guardians-galaxy-disney-ride-20170328-story.html

This sounds a bit like the mirror scene tbh

GiveMeTheMusic

I don't know if anyone else shares the same sentiment, but I think the new Kong ride s-u-c-k-s. Beautiful queue, nice ride layout, but the screens... the horror.... that and the water spat into your face gets old real quick. plus, that feature is completely played out on other rides already.

I get it, screens are MUCH more economical for the parks in terms of upkeep, but man oh man are the annoying. There's nothing worse than having to don special glasses and then being carted around from movie screen to movie screen.. Forbidden Journey is the exception, mainly because they have so many other practical props on that ride besides the screens, but gringott's got sequelitis (more screens = better!).

Same goes for Soarin 2.0. I was really, really looking forward to something great with the new film, but man did the take a crap all over that once glorious and fun ride.

Kong is a long fart noise with a fantastic AA at the end. Fake as hell screen after fake as hell screen. Boring. Same with Gringott's.

Professortango1

I like Gringotts because the physical thrills (love that first drop) as well as the set pieces they constructed. Kong was terrible. A drive into a big empty box to watch the same basic King Kong 3D experience from the tram ride in Hollywood. I'm afraid this new tower will be incredibly reliant upon screens and unseen characters via sound design.

mickEblu

You know it's funny. Every time I give my opinion on an attraction I haven't been on by only watching a ride through I hear a few people say that you can't judge until you ride in person. Which I can understand. Yet I always read numerous posts of folks who have been on the attraction AFTER I have watched the ride through that basically agree with everything thing I take away from the video. I think after you have been on enough rides, especially as a theme park Super fan you can probably understand about 80% of the experience from watching a ride though.

Meaning I agree with you on Kong. Looks pretty bad as a standalone attraction but as something bigger like the Tram tour at USH it works.

rle4lunch

I like Gringotts because the physical thrills (love that first drop) as well as the set pieces they constructed. Kong was terrible. A drive into a big empty box to watch the same basic King Kong 3D experience from the tram ride in Hollywood. I'm afraid this new tower will be incredibly reliant upon screens and unseen characters via sound design.

Gringott's has its moments, but ultimately fell flat for us.

Professortango1

I think it also helps that it is the best ride at the park, followed by The Mummy and the quirky and fun MIB. Simpsons is a wash for me as the 3D is often blurry and I think the 3D rendering on the 2D characters doesn't ring true. Shrek, Jimmy Fallon, and Despicable Me aren't worth a 5 minute wait and ET is showing its age badly.

mickEblu

I'm afraid this new tower will be incredibly reliant upon screens and unseen characters via sound design.

Yup. At first I thought the Collectors office would be a cool place for a Rocket AA to stick his head out from one of the vents but then I thought "ya right." That's a perfect opportunity for them to save money as we can just hear his voice through the vents. It's these sort of cost cutting moves that really made Disney an industry leader. As fans pour into the pre show room they will all Marvel (pun intended) at how much money the company saved and how much the shareholders earned this quarter.

Last edited:

nevol

So leave the boiler room as is, but call it a space boiler room? I hope Disney is putting it's money into making the Collection interesting.
I'm hoping for screens that make it look expansive lining the walls and roof, with practical sets in the room. Otherwise that space doesn't feel very big.

nevol

So we arn't getting something cool like this.

img-23.jpg

tumblr_inline_n0llpaj5qw1sz334f-png.png

All we are getting is some movie props left over from the Thor meet & greet?. No AA characters in cages like the Dark Elf, Cosmo or even Howard the Duck?

Howard_the_Duck_Guardians.jpg

This just doesn't sound as grand as I hoped.

I'm hoping for the best and bracing myself for "Star Wars Launch Bay."

nevol

TOT had props from the Twighlight Zone TV show leading up to the elevators.

Like I said a while back this is going to be basically the same experience and ride just with a different story.

It'll come down to execution. The lobby had a richness of materials, textures, dust, lighting, etc. It wasn't like you just walked into a steal frame of a building under construction and saw twilight zone memorabilia laying around. It was hidden into the show.

GiveMeTheMusic

It has a fun drop and the best parts of the ride are when you're actually moving. Unfortunately, that makes up a very short amount of the ride time. The vast majority of the ride you're parked in front of a screen while you're being yelled at in often unintelligible dialogue before being sent to another screen for more yelling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom