Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Professortango1

In light of the turn this conversation has taken, I admit I constantly check on this thread in hopes of hearing some news from the project in question. Many thanks to those who post picture updates! We have a good idea now of what the outside will be, for better or worse. My curiosity has turned inward. How much of the boiler room will be retained? (Will that accursed fan they glued to wall, and didn't bother to paint behind, so you always knew it was a glued on fan and not an air duct, still be there to annoy me?) What about animatronics, will there be any. The ride will get a few more points from me if there is an animatronic Rocket Raccoon. We have two months from today to speculate.

Everything I've heard from folks who received the tour is that the boiler room is unchanged. I've been told to expect the TOT boiler room with some purple painted messages from Rocket.

mickEblu

Everything I've heard from folks who received the tour is that the boiler room is unchanged. I've been told to expect the TOT boiler room with some purple painted messages from Rocket.

If the boiler room stays the same and the library rooms keep their same lay out for the pre shows I have hard time seeing how their is any build up for the collectors collections. The old lobby is not very big. So I'm guessing you just walk in the old lobby and the guardians are in glass cases right in your face? Unless of course they combine the old outdoor queue and the lobby space.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Oddly enough, a couple pages back Raven made a comment about some people being able to accept any and all change and will make any excuses to justify it, then went on to say it may be a waste of time to ask them questions about their opinions because of that. She's also made several snide comments such as referencing the "dumb " people who will lap up Star Wars land. Really there are lots of people who disagree with me on this forum but only a select few who I feel cross the line and become unpleasant to others.

And oddly enough I believe the comment that I made that got me "ignored" was stating I felt a Micechat reporter was "acting like a four year old" and since she apparently agreed with the reporter she took offense.

Ugh, I am cranky and wish the TOT had never been born!
I agree, the way she acts online gives former cast members a bad name. My stress levels are much lower since adding her to the ignore list.

mickEblu

Called this one months ago. (Pats self on back) I knew they wouldn't waste any budget on a room that works with the new theme. Not with this timeline at least.

D

Deleted member 107043

From the LA Times:

Museum Collection
The former lobby of the Hollywood Tower Hotel is being converted into a museum housing the Collector’s prized possessions.

Passing through a vault door, visitors will enter the Collector’s museum where artifacts from the Marvel universe are arrayed on the walls and in display cases. Via a television screen, the Collector welcomes his guests and boasts about his collection.

Die-hard Marvel fans will spot Rocket Raccoon’s gun, a Chitauri blaster, a Nova Corps helmet and Asgardian weaponry, according to IGN.

The regularly rotating collection will be culled from props and artifacts featured in Marvel films, television shows and comic books.

Collector’s Office
The hotel library that once included a narration by “Twilight Zone” host Rod Serling will be transformed into the Collector’s office.

Inside the office, the Collector’s desk will be covered with “Easter eggs” that provide clues to the upcoming mission.

Rocket Raccoon has escaped and is hiding in the overhead ventilation system. He lays out a plan for a high-stakes prison break to free his fellow Guardians and asks for the visitors’ help. But first he needs the visitors to scan their human hands at the security checkpoint station because his raccoon paw won’t work, according to Nerdist.

Except for some minor rethemeing, the industrial-looking boiler room portion of the Tower of Terror queue will remain largely unchanged.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-tr-guardians-galaxy-disney-ride-20170328-story.html

mickEblu

I've assumed from the start that "power plant" was tossed into the weird mix of functions the MB tower is supposed to encompass just to avoid spending money and time re-theming the boiler room.

Same here. It explains the infamous "warehouse/ power plant/ museum" description. What I really wonder though, is if its possible that the boiler room ACTUALLY inspired the whole oil refinery look of the facade. If so, talk about working backwards.

EDIT: well maybe "inspired" is the wrong word but if you think through the logic it makes sense. They gave themselves a very aggressive timeline so it's reasonable to assume that as a cost cutting move and to keep any sort of continuity between the interior/ exterior they theme the facade to be an oil refinery. So maybe what really "inspired" the whole thing was the fact that the boiler room fits the mood of the GOTG movie. Working backwards from there they begin retheming anything that does not fit the mood of the movie.

Last edited:

Phroobar

So we arn't getting something cool like this.

img-23.jpg

tumblr_inline_n0llpaj5qw1sz334f-png.png

All we are getting is some movie props left over from the Thor meet & greet?. No AA characters in cages like the Dark Elf, Cosmo or even Howard the Duck?

Howard_the_Duck_Guardians.jpg

This just doesn't sound as grand as I hoped.

mickEblu

So we arn't getting something cool like this.

img-23.jpg

tumblr_inline_n0llpaj5qw1sz334f-png.png

All we are getting is some movie props left over from the Thor meet & greet?. No AA characters in cages like the Dark Elf, Cosmo or even Howard the Duck?

Howard_the_Duck_Guardians.jpg

This just doesn't sound as grand as I hoped.

I didn't even realize that the article didn't mention the guardians in the glass cages like the concept art showed previously. Seeeeee guys. Wouldn't a purpose built attraction with a nice budget and non agressive timeline been better? Ay ay ay.

mickEblu

:grumpy:. The reason screens didn't bother me with TOT is because we weren't looking at Hollywood Actors in HD. Not sure how you would label the effects that were in TOT before? But anyway, they didn't make me feel like I was watching a movie.

And thanks, No wonder I couldn't make any sense of the Guardians in the lobby.

Phroobar

So this thing will be the Marvel version of Star Wars Launch Bay with a ride attached. I bet the props are fake just like in Launch Bay. Boo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom