News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

fgmnt

EPCOT was a zoo Thursday morning. I can only imagine what it would be like on this actual weekend. ILL sold through within an hour of park opening as well.

Disney Dad Dan

Hi there, my family are pretty new to the whole Virtual Queue thing (last trip to WDW was back in 2014). Could someone please clarify for me; when the stats are showing that the 1pm drop lasted for, say, 1 hour 29 minutes, does that actually mean that people were still able to join the queue at 14:29??

My family are planning on Park Hopping from Hollywood Studios over to Epcot, which I know means that we can’t get into Epcot until 14:00. But looking at the 1pm average drop, am I right in thinking that there should be a good chance we could still get on Cosmic Rewind with Virtual Queue??

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hi there, my family are pretty new to the whole Virtual Queue thing (last trip to WDW was back in 2014). Could someone please clarify for me; when the stats are showing that the 1pm drop lasted for, say, 1 hour 29 minutes, does that actually mean that people were still able to join the queue at 14:29??

My family are planning on Park Hopping from Hollywood Studios over to Epcot, which I know means that we can’t get into Epcot until 14:00. But looking at the 1pm average drop, am I right in thinking that there should be a good chance we could still get on Cosmic Rewind with Virtual Queue??
Depends on demand. Today you’d have been unlucky. In your example you would have been ok.

Yes. It’s a pain.

JohnD

If it really does last that long when you enter Ep at 2pm, then sure, if there is still availability. The VQ for Rise was always gone within a few seconds.

gerarar

Premium Member

The crowds are at the parks at rising again, so the averages you see me post can be misleading, since they've been offset from the really dead days from the past 2 months when the 1pm drop would stay open for 4+ hours.

I would say for the past two weeks, park hoppers have a slim chance of getting a BG. Today has been an unlucky day, like was previously said above. If you really want to ride, although I hate to say it, but maybe look into getting an ILL for you and your family.

fgmnt

There are a lot of potential considerations at play here and probably can’t be best answered in this thread. If this is a trip between now and the first week of january, and you are not staying onsite, you might want to purchase an ILL if the virtual queue is still active.

I do wonder if there’s any insight on how much longer we can expect the VQ to last, however. You might be able to steel yourself through a 2-3 hour standby line if that becomes the new default by the time you take your trip.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 131 Stats (10/7):
7am: 5.4 secs
1pm: 6.9 secs

BG 188 (+6) is the last BG called for the day at 8:18pm.

Notable 15+ min stoppages today:
11:22 - 11:52am
4:48 - 5:05pm
5:50 - 6:26pm

Average pace: 4mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 2m -> 2m (+0)
1pm: 1hr 45m -> 1hr 39m (-6m)

That does it for Day 131 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-192.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 132 Stats (10/8):
7am: 6.3 secs
1pm: 8.3 secs

BG 182 (-6) is the last BG called for the day.

10:52 - 11:16am
3:00 - 3:16pm

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 9.6s -> 9.4s (-0.2s)
1pm: 1hr 23m -> 1hr 19m (-4m)

That does it for Day 132 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-204.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 133 Stats (10/9):
7am: 5.8 secs
1pm: 4.9 secs*
*7th time ever the 7am drop lasted longer than 1pm drop

BG 165 (-17) is the last BG called for the day.

10:28 - 10:44am
4:04 - 4:20pm

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 53.2s -> 50.9s (-2.3s)
1pm: 1hr 50m -> 1hr 44m (-6m)

That does it for Day 133 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-255.png

scatter_plot-228.png

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
6pm drop lasted for 93.538 secs.
Monday 6pm Drop Average: 4m -> 4m (+0)

Up to BG 134 called at 6pm, 1 less than yesterday.

This marks the first time ever that the 6pm drop lasted longer than the 7am (6.2s) and 1pm (4.6s) drops.
What is going on today?!?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
6pm drop lasted for 93.538 secs.
Monday 6pm Drop Average: 4m -> 4m (+0)

Up to BG 134 called at 6pm, 1 less than yesterday.

This marks the first time ever that the 6pm drop lasted longer than the 7am (6.2s) and 1pm (4.6s) drops.
What is going on today?!?
Packed. Holiday weekend crowds. People who missed out in the morning were dead set not to miss the 1p drop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom