News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

Unbanshee

UNCgolf

This seems like a ride where, if they wanted to, they could move it off the VQ system very quickly.

Will be interesting to see if that happens, or if they keep it going to make sure everyone’s conditioned for Tron.

It definitely doesn't seem necessary considering how much availability it's had most days. I'd expect them to leave it on for at least a couple of months, though.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 19 Stats (6/14):
7am: 16.7 secs
1pm: 3141.1 secs, or ~52 mins

BG 193 is the last BG called for the day. This is 11 more than yesterday.

The average pace was 3-4mins/BG for entire day.

There was one notable 15+ min stoppage today:
10:36 - 11:00 am

That does it for Day 19 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-16.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Final Day 19 Stats (6/14):
7am: 16.7 secs
1pm: 3141.1 secs, or ~52 mins

BG 193 is the last BG called for the day. This is 11 more than yesterday.

The average pace was 3-4mins/BG for entire day.

There was one notable 15+ min stoppage today:
10:36 - 11:00 am

That does it for Day 19 of GotG: CR!
View attachment 645667
Would it be helpful to separate the 1p drop from the others? The 1p drop kills the other drops vertical axis to a flat line.

gerarar

Premium Member
Would it be helpful to separate the 1p drop from the others? The 1p drop kills the other drops vertical axis to a flat line.
Maybe move it to a second y-axis ... Or make the one axis logarithmic?
Took both of your ideas and fooled around with the code a bit and created the following new plot.

The y-axis is now 2^n, in which n depends on log_2(max(seconds)). So in this case, Sunday had 9748 secs for the 1pm drop, thus log_2(9748) = 13 = n, so 2^13 = 8192, which is the highest tick we see on the y-axis. (maths amirite!!)

My only issue now is that the graph is very misleading at first glance, unless you really look into it and pay attention to the scale of the axes.
scatter_plot-13.png

celluloid

I got Guardians morning drop for second day in a row. I did not think I did because as soon as I saw refresh and join I got the "something went wrong" and after hitting back page it said all boarding groups(still just two seconds mind you)

But it shows up on the all that I am in.

While not impossible it is wild that they fill up so fast in the morning, but great that for people like me and someone who is never a park early person like my wife can win one.

I know they account for potential downtimes but the big one I see not happening that causes the boarding groups to move fast is the fact that not as there are not as many individual Lightning Lane sales as they were hoping for.

celluloid

Today's ride music track for me was September. Yesterday's was Disco Inferno. Disco Inferno I felt was better but this ride I noticed I could hear the ride dialogue better. Are the onride jokes.always completely the same? I got different ending messages so figured those alternate.

Yesterday due to lightning lane I did not wait until gathering for preshow and today the line did not slow into the model and display case part of the queue.

The ride feels like a dark ride coaster designed in Planet Coaster, not necessarily a bad thing. The loading station theming and sound design for loading and unloading deserves praise.

I was five min past time saying expired in the app(kid in our party changed mind) But they still honored it so there is still some grace period for those wondering

Last edited:

CntrlFlPete

was able to get BG 8 for the 7 AM pull. Pulled in the parking lot at 8:11 and our boarding group was called by this time (for an 8:30 public opening).

When we got to the ride, BG's 1-24 were being allowed. We walked right to the preshow (switchbacks w/ the models, story and such were not being used).

TimeTrip

Took both of your ideas and fooled around with the code a bit and created the following new plot.

The y-axis is now 2^n, in which n depends on log_2(max(seconds)). So in this case, Sunday had 9748 secs for the 1pm drop, thus log_2(9748) = 13 = n, so 2^13 = 8192, which is the highest tick we see on the y-axis. (maths amirite!!)

My only issue now is that the graph is very misleading at first glance, unless you really look into it and pay attention to the scale of the axes.
View attachment 645704
Dig it. What if you add subtle horizontal reference lines to reinforce the scaling?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom