Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Surferboy567

Original Poster
unrealized projects or refurbishments to other attractions.
I think this is the most likely out of all the effects due to price mentioned. We have seen it happen time and time again.

Also, let’s not forget how long it took them to build this. It was spread over MANY financial quarters. Yes, it was still the same budget but it’s not like they dropped a lump sum.
I've never gotten on a ride and asked how much it cost to set my expectations, maybe I'm in the minority.
I feel the exact same way.
There's been reviews saying the effects are superb etc, but it's all subjective. Some on this thread seem extremely negative about the ride or their expectations of it, that's their right to be like that. I think these people are unlikely to be satisfied with anything this ride offers as all their negativity hints towards them wanting to be right rather than them wanting to be proven wrong. I'm sure in the next few days you'll get all the specific answers you're after and then you'll be able to say with more accuracy what it is specifically that you dislike the most about this attraction. I could of course be wrong (apologies if so) and perhaps all the perceived negativity is because you're hoping it's the greatest attraction ever built?
It’s likely that the ride as @wdwmagic article said it’s going to be a very solid addition to EPCOT. Either at it’s face value of a new e-ticket or as a very well done attraction. Your connection to the Guardians will either increase your enjoyment or you’ll just judge it as a coaster with some effects.

The reason I feel that most people may be against this attraction from the onset is two fold.

1.) The “this doesn’t belong in EPCOT”crowd which yeah, they are kinda right (depending on what goes on in the full experience). Some of these people won’t give the attraction a fair shot purely because it’s in EPCOT. I know some of these people. For me, I’ve accepted it’s in EPCOT also, EPCOT really needs something this is probably it even if it doesn’t “fit”.

2.) The universe of energy lovers which sure, if you liked universe of energy I can see why you may be upset.

For me, while I only grew up with the Ellen’s Energy Adventure/Nightmare version. I considered it a 45 minute snooze fest. It’s not an awful attraction or anything their were parts I liked but it wasn’t really working for me. Loved the dinosaur, Ellen, Bill Nye, and Jeopardy parts though. Anything that replaced Energy was going to be better in my book. Also, I like Marvel as well as the Guardians so this was appealing to me from the onset.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes and no - the actual experience of this attraction relative to the claimed cost is relevant, no?
It is…there’s room for that and other more ride specific discussion…it’s all relative
Well it is obvious people are going to continue to make this relevant no matter what...so I guess I will find a way to accept that.

Other should find a way to accept that, unless there is all of a sudden and complete 180, this attraction is going to be a hit. From what we know so far and by almost all accounts, they took full advantage of the ride system and the tech used to make a great all-around attraction for everyone to enjoy. Harping on the disappointment of the cost or the location won't change that now.
But there is really is. All hail the master that isn’t even looking for the subjects approval.

It’s a day ending in “y”…afterall.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think this is the most likely out of all the effects due to price mentioned. We have seen it happen time and time again.

Also, let’s not forget how long it took them to build this. It was spread over MANY financial quarters. Yes, it was still the same budget but it’s not like they dropped a lump sum.

I feel the exact same way.

It’s likely that the ride as @wdwmagic article said it’s going to be a very solid addition to EPCOT. Either at it’s face value of a new e-ticket or as a very well done attraction. Your connection to the Guardians will either increase your enjoyment or you’ll just judge it as a coaster with some effects.

The reason I feel that most people may be against this attraction from the onset is two fold.

1.) The “this doesn’t belong in EPCOT crowd” which yeah, they are kinda right (depending on what goes on in the full experience. Some of these people won’t give the attraction a fair shot purely because it’s in EPCOT. I know some of these people. For me, I’ve accepted it’s in EPCOT also, EPCOT really needs something this is probably it even if it doesn’t “fit”.

2.) The universe of energy lovers which sure, if you liked universe of energy I can see why you may be upset.

For me, while I only grew up with the Ellen’s Energy Adventure/Nightmare version. I considered it a 45 minute snooze fest. It’s not an awful attraction or anything their were parts I liked but it wasn’t really working for me. Loved the dinosaur and Jeopardy parts though. Anything that replaced Energy was going to be better in my book. Also, I like Marvel as well as the Guardians so this was appealing to me from the onset.
I agree with your reasons…

But mine is that this will exasperate a park that still is lagging on reinvestment. And that they won’t really touch it because they will claim they “totally reinvested” in it.

That’s a problem. We’re in an aborted redevelopment plan there and it needs a lot more love. The WOL redo will help…obviously another country or two being revamped would help…the eyesore behind the jumping fountains would help too.

Just not there yet and time makes that worse.

Disstevefan1

In my opinion, as to costs, I am sure Disney (as they always do) did their best to cut costs as best they could.

None of those costly animatronics to worry about ;)

They spent the money and launched the attraction.

Now we will see how folks like it and how Disney can keep it functioning and how many people they can move through it.

In my opinion, I think this new attraction will gain more riders who previous walked by Ellen thinking it was boring than they are losing because of the new ride system; being too much for some folks.

Let's remember, Disney has spent a lot of money on total failures. Remember Rocket Rods? This was double bad; Rocket Rods failed and destroyed the people mover track and Disneyland lost an attraction forever.

totchos

How is the backwards launch?
I feel folks will dislike that more than the rotation.
This is probably where ive heard the most opposite response from people. I know its a very gradual launch but I hear some people say its less intense/fast than SDD and others say its gradual but quite fast with some good intensity going up the hill.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Was going to post this but getting back to actual attraction…

It’s time to talk about the music (which clearly I should NOT be impressed about) :)

I have been keeping a running tally as well but so far with 9 to 5 being part of the exit loop it takes the tally of songs down to 6.

From @przidentkendall

“Everybody wants to rule the world - Tears for Fears

September - Earth, Wind, & Fire

Disco Inferno - The Tramps

Conga - Gloria Estefan

One Way or Another - Blondie

I ran so far away - Flock of Seagulls”

How many trains are there?

Last edited:

totchos

It has to be much faster though, right? How would it clear that massive hill? Unless you are already elevated but I don’t think so.

Maybe the acceleration is gentle but it has to be faster?
Id assume SDD is like 30 mph. Yeah im not sure how that would clear that hill. I think the only way is if the LSMs gradually take you up the hill, kind of like a fast lift hill.

dreday3

It’s time to talk about the music (which clearly I should NOT be impressed about) :)

I have been keeping a running tally as well but so far with 9 to 5 being part of the exit loop it takes the tally of songs down to 6.

From @przidentkendall

Conga - Gloria Estefan

The only odd choice in my opinion is Everybody Wants to Rule The World. That's giving me more of a chill, peaceful Sunday drive in the Universe vibe rather than a we're all gonna die, gotta save the world vibe.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

From @przidentkendall

Conga - Gloria Estefan

Ok…I’m sold

totchos

That is possible, hadn’t thought of something like that.

I did hear one report of a rollback though. I am not sure if it is true though.
yeah i saw that too. In general just seeing lots of different reports on intensity which is normal being that people have different thresholds for it. I just cant conceive how some say SDD is more intense than this ride while others say it might even be better than everest in the thrill department. I even saw someone say that RnRC is easier to ride overall than Guardians. Its like people are riding different rides lol

doctornick

This is probably where ive heard the most opposite response from people. I know its a very gradual launch but I hear some people say its less intense/fast than SDD and others say its gradual but quite fast with some good intensity going up the hill.
I think it comes down to personal tolerance.

We can probably assert that the launch speed is not particularly fast and more akin to SDD than RNR. It might even be more gradual and built up momentum as opposed to being a big sudden burst.

But if someone is really sensitive to the backwards motion or not seeing where they are going, it might feel a lot more intense than a faster forward launch. And that’s going to vary a lot among different people. I think once this is open we’ll see guest reports that range from “one of the mildest coasters in the parks” to “most intense ride at WDW” depending on how the backwards and turned aspects affects someone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom