Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Chip Chipperson

Still waiting to see when the Christmas music is uploaded to this ride and what song it will be. Also wondering if it will just play the same one song over and over or if it’s going to be randomly played with the other 6 songs?

My guess would be that it's all Christmas music once the overlay happens. If they stick with the 80s rock/pop theme for the songs, my guesses would be songs like U2's version of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)," Wham's (or is it Wham!'s?) "Last Christmas," and Springsteen's version of "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town." And maybe Run DMC's "Christmas in Hollis." Those are all just guesses, though.

Bairstow

My guess would be that it's all Christmas music once the overlay happens. If they stick with the 80s rock/pop theme for the songs, my guesses would be songs like U2's version of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)," Wham's (or is it Wham!'s?) "Last Christmas," and Springsteen's version of "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town." And maybe Run DMC's "Christmas in Hollis." Those are all just guesses, though.
I thought the Guardians' music was mostly '70s stuff with a few very early '80s outliers.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I caught Run Run Rocket on the Holiday Remix, but everything else was very hard to hear.

Nothing else was changed but the music.
Is "Run Run Rocket" a song I should know? The internet knows nothing of it.

Blog Mickey has a video of it, but the audio is wiped out by the lack of a wind protector on their cell phone.

Wooooowwwwwooooowwwooowwwwwww... great song! <eyeroll>

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Without having heard it yet, possibly a reworked "Run Run Rudolph?"
Ah, relistening to it, that's it. It's "Run Run Rudolph" with new lyrics so as to be "Run Run Rocket." It's the same tune throughout the video, so, it's not a mash-up. And Blog Mickey says its the same song for all rides.

180º

And Go Tell It On The Mountain, fittingly, as you crest the mid-course ramp.

Everyone on Twitter is right— the recording is lame. Too contemporary and poppy for Guardians. But it’s an interesting demonstration of a song arranged specifically for the ride layout, with some interesting moments hitting at key points in the ride!

Florida Man

I just rode it and it does sound very good in person, but it is just one song, not multiple Christmas songs. And that’s all that was changed, no red and green lights or anything like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom