Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

JohnD

I rode it for the first time a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I did end up closing my eyes a couple times because I couldn't find a focal point to keep from feeling queasy, but didn't actually get sick and felt fine as soon as the ride ended. I can see how people might have trouble with the 2 flights of stairs after getting off the ride, though. The ride itself felt very smooth compared to some of the other coasters on property (looking at you, Space Mountain).

I wasn't bothered by its placement in Epcot. I can understand why some people don't think it belongs there, but it was a fun time and I thought the queue did a good job making it feel like it belongs there (as much as possible).

I was a little dizzy upon exiting but not much. I typically sit down on that bench in the exit room to retrieve my glasses, etc. from my backpack just before going up the stairs. That gives me a few moments to re-orient myself. I'll give them credit by working hard to justify its placement -- bringing technology to us, Star Lord loving all the things in Epcot no longer there, etc. I understand the purity argument. But it's still a great ride.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just rode it for the first time, may need to ride it more to solidify my reaction. That was an incredible ride, we got One Way or Another for our song.
I love it…and I’ll remind people pretty much hate me around here and everything I say is wrong…

But I loved it.

One way was my second ride…the most rare (allegedly) and by far best song was my first ride

TrainsOfDisney

Which is exactly why it’s the best since flight of passage and it ain’t close 😎👍🏻
I also prefer the navi River to flight of passage so… that’s me.

I LOVED ratatouille.

I haven't ridden Guardians, but a mix of those three rides sounds great to me.

I think I prefer the California space mountain to be honest. Everest is still my favorite coaster on wdw property.

That being said… I know everyone loves it. I wish they had done this coaster idea with Star Wars and fleshed out the warehouse with complete sets and lasers. That I would have LOVED!

bhg469

First ride was September.. Is it my favorite Disney ride? No.. I'd put a perfectly functional rise of the resistance above it.. I'm curious about the Christmas overlay but I dont think it's going to make it any better for me... I keep going back to Hagrids as the very best themed attraction in Florida by are very huge margin.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
First ride was September.. Is it my favorite Disney ride? No.. I'd put a perfectly functional rise of the resistance above it.. I'm curious about the Christmas overlay but I dont think it's going to make it any better for me... I keep going back to Hagrids as the very best themed attraction in Florida by are very huge margin.
That’s boring with bad IP…even when not broken (which is likely permenant)…

I won’t harp but it’s been open long enough to tell the truth.

Guardians is not. It’s “space mountain on steroids”…and they need more rides with some stones after the “dull trackless era” arrived in Orlando.

That’s not to say I don’t like trackless…2 of the 3 are good because they’re not overdone. Rat is a good ride with theme integration. That’s the sweet spot.

Guardians moves a little…that’s not offensive in what ultimately are expensive amusement parks.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Guardians moves a little…that’s not offensive in what ultimately are expensive amusement parks.

The problem with Guardians is that "moving a little is basically all it does". It's a fun roller coaster, but there's not much of a themed experience outside of the preshows. I can ride fun roller coasters anywhere.

That certainly doesn't make it a bad addition; it just doesn't make it a great one. There are better themed coasters at both Disney and Universal.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The problem with Guardians is that "moving a little is basically all it does". It's a fun roller coaster, but there's not much of a themed experience outside of the preshows. I can ride fun roller coasters anywhere.

That certainly doesn't make it a bad addition; it just doesn't make it a great one. There are better themed coasters at both Disney and Universal.
Until they appoint James Cameron the head of WDI…all recent imagineering has proven is they lack a sense of understanding for humans…and build elaborate, over designed, overpriced, under delivering mehs that are drawn out forever.

If guardians is the “simple approach”…I’ll take that.

People are still failing to understand where the management is at and where it’s heading…it’s not “up the hill”

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
So it's been bugging me a while now... But shouldn't the giant moon looking prop instead be Earth? And wouldn't a nice projection-mapped timelapse effect showing the creation of Earth from early formation to pangaea to today make for a more interesting visual element instead of a prop that does nothing, contributing nothing to the ride's plot?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So it's been bugging me a while now... But shouldn't the giant moon looking prop instead be Earth? And wouldn't a nice projection-mapped timelapse effect showing the creation of Earth from early formation to pangaea to today making for a more interesting visual element instead of a prop that does nothing, contributing nothing to the ride's plot?
Well... they're jumping to different time *points*, they aren't speeding through time. So, no time lapse.

We do get set pieces of The Milky Way, then the Moon (in space, looks ancient), then modern Earth (we're home).

SpectreJordan

Just rode it for the first time, may need to ride it more to solidify my reaction. That was an incredible ride, we got One Way or Another for our song.

EDIT: It’s easily top 3 in the resort, though I can see this moving to 1 with more rides.
The other songs really help to make the experience feel different. You get the anticipation of what song will play & then seeing how that song feels on the ride. It's a great way to make it reridable.

UNCgolf

Until they appoint James Cameron the head of WDI…all recent imagineering has proven is they lack a sense of understanding for humans…and build elaborate, over designed, overpriced, under delivering mehs that are drawn out forever.

If guardians is the “simple approach”…I’ll take that.

People are still failing to understand where the management is at and where it’s heading…it’s not “up the hill”

You really want to pretend James Cameron deserves the credit? That feels completely divorced from reality.

Regardless, Guardians cost far more than all those attractions, so it's certainly not the simple approach. Even if you like Guardians, it's basically the worst case scenario for Disney. It's the most overpriced attraction they've ever built and wildly disappointing when factoring in the price. They could have built a coaster with music that people would enjoy just as much as Guardians for a quarter of the price.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Well... they're jumping to different time *points*, they aren't speeding through time. So, no time lapse.

We do get set pieces of The Milky Way, then the Moon (in space, looks ancient), then modern Earth (we're home).
That certainly makes sense. Next time I ride I'll keep that in mind. I do wish the premise was more clear. And perhaps it is. I think the "Big Bang" at the beginning (Start) threw me off. I guess the story is we're playing "keep away" with the giant Space monster? I can accept that. Hate it, but whatdya do!? Without fully grasping the concept I just assumed we were racing against the Space Monster through time in a linear fashion. Fun ride, but it's one heck of a weak sauce story.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom