News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

jmuboy

It looks fairly similar in shape to Energy’s old maintenance bay. I’m starting to wonder if they only tore down the old one to allow easy access for construction vehicles and equipment, and now they’re just rebuilding it.

The whole perimeter of GotG needs a thick berm of trees when complete. The current tree line is just too bare on the left side of the EPCOT entrance. The "I cant see it blue box" is bad enough. I at least hope there is a plan to obscure the back area more at ground level view.

tparris

The whole perimeter of GotG needs a thick berm of trees when complete. The current tree line is just too bare on the left side of the EPCOT entrance. The "I cant see it blue box" is bad enough. I at least hope there is a plan to obscure the back area more at ground level view.
They would need to plant some ridiculously tall trees to have any effect on obscuring the building. I think the exterior of the show building and the land around it is pretty much complete at this point.

DCLcruiser

So the ride starts off edutainment, with the cars turning 360deg, and then something happens and you get into the reverse launch section? Followed by the coaster in the gravity building?

Horizons1

I sure hope that's not the final color.... the gray with the white lights on the side looked much cooler
Get your pictures of the side of Energy now. It’ll be the last chance we have to see the UOE color scheme.

rocketraccoon

I sure hope that's not the final color.... the gray with the white lights on the side looked much cooler
I can't imagine that's the final color given how rough it looks. That whole side of the building needs a massive facelift if guest can walk around there. It's gotten real rough over the last 2 years.

If they go multicolored I'm totally down for this look to come back though

flynnibus

Premium Member
Backwards launch sounds fun

But it really limits things.

Going backwards means your head isn’t supported
Going backwards means females have their crushed if they have over the shoulder restraints
Going backwards means lap style restraints would punch people’s guts

Basically.. it means forces against the body that are NOT supported by your seat. So you can’t be anywhere near as dynamic or risk comfort or injury issues. Attractions like Superman go backwards at high speed... but at freefall acceleration... not launch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom