News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

I really hope this gets finished before 2021 as thats when I will be visiting with my family. My boys love guardians and if it was not ready then they would be so disappointed.

DarleneBurrows

Have the days gone when imagineers can't produce a top attraction without screens or have it be some thrill seeking coaster?

The lack of creativity coming out of Disney and Universal these past few years has been dissapointing. Too many rollercoasters being build of late - to me it means it's 1) being cheap or 2) a lack of creativity.

This is just going to be another glossy coaster isn't it ? How creative - will they swish some lights at ya so it feels like ya going into space, as you zoom round at 80pmh (rolls eyes) ... that must have been one helluva creative meeting.

OG Runner

Have the days gone when imagineers can't produce a top attraction without screens or have it be some thrill seeking coaster?

The lack of creativity coming out of Disney and Universal these past few years has been dissapointing. Too many rollercoasters being build of late - to me it means it's 1) being cheap or 2) a lack of creativity.

This is just going to be another glossy coaster isn't it ? How creative - will they swish some lights at ya so it feels like ya going into space, as you zoom round at 80pmh (rolls eyes) ... that must have been one helluva creative meeting.

One of Disney's latest "roller coasters" was the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. How was that cheap or lacking creativity?

Skibum1970

One of Disney's latest "roller coasters" was the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. How was that cheap or lacking creativity?

WDW has a responsibility to be profitable. Thus, rides have budgets and different rides have to be created. 7DMT is a decent small coaster but was stripped down for budgetary reasons. I completely agree that it is a great example but still lament that it could/should have been so much more. I like that it has both coaster sections and a dark ride section but the first layout was significantly longer.

With that said, I think that people forget that the theme parks need to appeal to all ages. So, roller coasters will be built to satiate the young and old, dark rides will be built to satisfy young and old, and sometimes small rides are built to satisfy young and old. Utilizing screens is a great way to show an environment that can't be replicated otherwise. Blending screens and physical sets provide the most satisfying experiences. However, Walt Disney wasn't afraid of building roller coasters. He worked with Arrow to develop the very first steel coaster after all.

I have long believed that people think that coasters can't be built at Disney parks because they cannot be enjoyed by all. If that is the case, then no ride could be built because nothing truly appeals to all.

Incomudro

Well, it's a coaster.
But, Tower of Terror is "just" a free fall.
The theming and dressings can make all the difference.

eddie104

Pixar Pier, The Little Mermaid and Expedition Everest all had similar costs. Imagineering’s problem is how they spend the money, not that they are not given enough.
Yeah your right WDI needs some better direction on how to manage money properly. But I will say that projects still have to go through the approval process so whoever decides the end product is good enough is also to blame if it's bad. Pixar Pier as well as the LM definitely suffered and are suffering from this at the moment with being underwhelming to some people.

DarleneBurrows

My plan is to be there the week of July 4th, 2021. I'm really hoping that 4 years is enough time to complete a single attraction.

If they can't get the attraction done in 4 years then there are some games being played in terms of 'public relations' - 'look at us building all these new attractions, so the top brass get a lot of good will from the fan boys' - but basically not finishing them for a good half a decade.

MagicJack78

Well, it's a coaster.
But, Tower of Terror is "just" a free fall.
The theming and dressings can make all the difference.

Lack of creativity? The last thing Disney did was Pandora, which I think is the best attraction they've done since TOT. I'm also extremely hopeful for Starwars and the RAT The two rollercoaster coming with Tron and GOTG I think are important for the families who have kids looking for a bit of adrenalin based rides, especially in Epcot. Although, I admit Epcot is an odd place for GOTG. With that being said, I understand your point. I also think we will be pleasantly surprised with GOTG
All In all I'm really happy with the new additions coming. Where my concern lies is what comes next and if they will answer Universal's soon to be response to Starwars.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Lack of creativity? The last thing Disney did was Pandora, which I think is the best attraction they've done since TOT. I'm also extremely hopeful for Starwars and the RAT The two rollercoaster coming with Tron and GOTG I think are important for the families who have kids looking for a bit of adrenalin based rides, especially in Epcot. Although, I admit Epcot is an odd place for GOTG. With that being said, I understand your point. I also think we will be pleasantly surprised with GOTG
All In all I'm really happy with the new additions coming. Where my concern lies is what comes next and if they will answer Universal's soon to be response to Starwars.

Last thing Disney did was Toy Story Land not Pandora which leads to a much more contentious discussion of quality.

MagicJack78

Last thing Disney did was Toy Story Land not Pandora which leads to a much more contentious discussion of quality.
Good point forgot about that one. With that being said Toy Story land is an EXCELLENT addition, for what it is. It's about perspective. It's part of the overall development of HS and a ride for the little ones.

Also, I've been there. The lack of quality discussion is misplaced here. IMO it's a great addition especially when viewed in conjunction with SW and Mickey additions.

Now what they did to Pixar Pier!?! That was laziness!!!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom