News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Castle Cake Apologist

Disneyandmore posted the (edit: POSSIBLE) concept art from the building....uuuuugggghhhhh :hungover: So they're keeping the Xandar theme we thought, but made the building nearly as hideous as the one in Disneyland (which isn't Xandar themed at all)

https://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2018/07/d-exclusive-walt-disney-world.html

RIP Epcot's aesthetics

Capture%2Bd%25E2%2580%2599e%25CC%2581cran%2B2018-07-09%2Ba%25CC%2580%2B09.29.22b.png

I think that's just Xandar concept art from the films, and not official concept art for the attraction. In fact, I'm pretty sure that same art has been posted in here a couple times as what people think the building might wind up looking like.

Either way, that article was really hard to read lol.

Mike S

I think that's just Xandar concept art from the films, and not official concept art for the attraction. In fact, I'm pretty sure that same art has been posted in here a couple times as what people think the building might wind up looking like.

Either way, that article was really hard to read lol.
Not concept art, it looks like an actual shot from the movie to me.

Stevek

Apologies if someone already posted this "fan-made" concept of what could be. Take it with a very small grain of salt. That would certainly be a bit of an eyesore...pretty much from anywhere in the park. It would be a shame to take away from the beauty that is Spaceship Earth.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-coaster-construction-july-xandar-overlay-800x466.jpg

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Let’s be honest with ourselves, nothing will make it look good.

Instead of hiding it or wrapping it in more IP....maybe they could take a play from Walt's book and make it a futuristic community of tomorrow skyscraper hotel something reminiscent to Progress City? As the complementary counterpart to the spherical SSE? Granted that ideas a little "out there" and certainly more expensive than "Go-Away" paint.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Instead of hiding it or wrapping it in more IP....maybe they could take a play from Walt's book and make it a futuristic community of tomorrow skyscraper hotel something reminiscent to Progress City? As the complementary counterpart to the spherical SSE? Granted that ideas a little "out there" and certainly more expensive than "Go-Away" paint.
Annnnd that would become either the new hotel or something DVC related.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Apologies if someone already posted this "fan-made" concept of what could be. Take it with a very small grain of salt. That would certainly be a bit of an eyesore...pretty much from anywhere in the park. It would be a shame to take away from the beauty that is Spaceship Earth.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-coaster-construction-july-xandar-overlay-800x466.jpg

Considering how obscenely off the perspective is, of course it looks awful. Here is a better model...

1531198096741.png

Making this a better mock-up...

1531199140557.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@MisterPenguin, how can I do a scale and perspective accurate visualization of my Groot themed building?

Download and install Google Earth Pro, it's free!

Go to where you want to plop the building. Hit "R" to center yourself above the plot looking straight down. Make sure Terrain is unchecked. Click on the polygon tool. Here I shall add a tower to World Showcase Plaza...
1531212688307.png

Left click to drop corners and edges of your polygon. Right click erases a point. You can grab and drag points around. You can chose the color of the line and the fill and their opacity. If you don't want a fill, but just a wire frame, reduce area's opacity to zero. Likewise, zero opacity on the lines hides the frame. Here's a pentagon...

1531212826785.png

When you got the right shape and placement click OK to save it. Now, we'll add height. Right click on your polygon on the map or on the places menu and click Properties to alter it. Go to Altitude. Chose relative to the ground and check Extend sides to ground. Use the slider to add height or type in the altitude (in meters). Let's make it 20m tall and click OK....

1531213183475.png

Now you want to go into 3D mode, so, click Terrain and 3D buildings. Now, position yourself (the camera's POV) to see how the model looks in 'the real world.'....

1531213378830.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom