News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Annnnd that would become either the new hotel or something DVC related.
Sure beats a Rubix Cube, Tesseract or GotG junk pile. Something drawing inspiration from the rest of the park vs an IP painted box would be ideal. Disney is* better than:
8875511938_8b546f11c0_z.jpg

Last edited:

ChewbaccaYourMum

Apologies if someone already posted this "fan-made" concept of what could be. Take it with a very small grain of salt. That would certainly be a bit of an eyesore...pretty much from anywhere in the park. It would be a shame to take away from the beauty that is Spaceship Earth.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-coaster-construction-july-xandar-overlay-800x466.jpg
From a Marvel/GOTG fanboy that looks freaking awesome. I hope that's what it looks like when it's done. But then again I actually liked the Mission Breakout tower also (possibly because I understood what they were going for instead of just blindly looking at it) so I guess I have much different taste than most on this board... oh well!

bclane

Apologies if someone already posted this "fan-made" concept of what could be. Take it with a very small grain of salt. That would certainly be a bit of an eyesore...pretty much from anywhere in the park. It would be a shame to take away from the beauty that is Spaceship Earth.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-coaster-construction-july-xandar-overlay-800x466.jpg
I'm definitely not in love with that, but it's not a bad start all things considered imo. Tone it down and block it with as many trees on tall hills as possible and it could work.

Bocabear

Well, it will be "backstage" and not front and center and 100% visible like Transformers is.
Actually it is pretty hard to miss in person... It is huge and kind of dominates around the entrance to the park...it's not demurely hidden behind a stand of trees... and very visible from World Showcase... It is almost as tall as Spaceship earth... Hard to miss.

Cesar R M

Mirrored tiles are nearly all gone as of today, also worth noting that there’s some sort of visible thing inside the preshow theatre, and I swear that there’s already a Guardians prop where the mural used to be, but I unfortunately have no proof. Anyways, here’s some pics from today View attachment 294281View attachment 294282View attachment 294283View attachment 294284View attachment 294285
Could the prop be actually a visual aid for the design and construction?

Cesar R M

Unless I misunderstood, this is not confirmed as concept art.

(Slightly off-topic, but I think the Guardians building at Disneyland is really impressive when viewed firsthand.)
Thank god, because the building looks terrible, almost as bad as the "collector's" at California Adventure.

bclane

there is no way to cover up a 100'+ tall building with a hill...seriously...If you see the structure in person you will get it...it is huge.
Sure they could. I'm imagining the beautiful terraced rice fields that surround all of the indoor roller coasters in Xandar. And no, I'm not actually serious. In the end, we will in all likelihood end up with a very large eye sore but hopefully a very fun ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom