News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

jaxonp

Because it's going inside the Energy pavilion? They're probably going in the space direction, but Energy was an original EPCOT Center attraction. One hopes they are not kicking that theme to the curb.

yea, no I understand the location, but you can put a dentist office in an old Applebees. Yep, that just happened near me.. I just don't understand how they didn't put a Chili's in that old Applebees.

Lora Baines Bradley

Well considering we don't have any details about the story of the ride we can't speak if it does or doesn't
I'm speaking hypothetically. I'm trying to come up with a way for this to tie into the theme, but struggling. It's a roller coaster. The focus will be on the thrill and Guardians, I can pretty much guarantee. Same way Frozen Ever After focuses on Elsa and Anna and not Norway.

DAR1974

I'm speaking hypothetically. I'm trying to come up with a way for this to tie into the theme, but struggling. It's a roller coaster. The focus will be on the thrill and Guardians, I can pretty much guarantee. Same way Frozen Ever After focuses on Elsa and Anna and not Norway.

Maybe in the preshow we get the energy theme

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That isn't the point. Discussion is fine and all, when it adds to reality, but it becomes hard to enjoy this forum when all you read is complaint after complaint from the same group of posters. You could literally look at these posters history and see the negative tone, post after post. It's sad that we collectively can't find something to be happy about, even after all that was announced yesterday. I personally don't like that GMR is changing and I don't see why GOTG is going to EPCOT, but I don't talk about it everyday as if it's my entire devoted life's mission. I do however want to discuss what is coming, how it effects the change, what X will look like, what Y ride system will be, what Z restaurant style of food will be and it's hard to do that when you read is.. "this isn't my epcot" & "Disney is ruining "MY" epcot" & "this isn't the sticking to the original idea of epcot" yada yada yada... Good lord, it's on every thread. We get it, some of you don't like it. Can we talk about the attraction coming to EPCOT now? Just trying to stay on topic.
The fact it's "on every thread" of a forum frequented by many people with more than a passing interest in the industry must surely then say something?

But I understand your point. When there's more to talk about I dare it will be talked about.

Did I mention the exit bridge from unload?

aprincessatlasst

Unfortunately, my first trip was in '05, so I have little connection to the Epcot of the 80's and early 90's. As a result, I'm not quite as upset by this as others. While I'm a stickler for theme and wish this was placed elsewhere, I'm optimistic that this could be a great attraction, but only if they do it right. And only time will tell on that front. :)

Well I went in the early 90's as a kid, Epcot was amazing and my favorite. However it is 2017 and Epcot does not need to be stuck int he 90's! I am excited about this as EPCOT needs new life, if that takes it turning into IPCOT than so be it. There is a whole new generation of kids and up and coming spenders like my 10 year old who squealed with excitement when this was announced and has not stopped begging to go to Cali to ride the new Tower.

SirLink

The problem is people dont like change, even if it's for the better or for the worst. Universe of Energy was a part time attraction anyway, so I dont see the issue with creating a new attraction that will actually eat up some of the crowd year round.

No its that not every change is good, your assuming the additions are positive. UoE they could of created an attraction around the natural event of the big bang. Marvel properties have no relation to that. It would be the same if they added Doctor Strange in the WoL pavilion because ... well its Dr Strange.

Changing out UoE to a good old fashioned science of big bang event - good change. Adding an attraction celebrating inventions - good addition. Slapping a movie IP in the parks because ... change. Is a terrible philosophy to go by. When Lex said to make it more relevant to families truly shows how non of the leadership team understand Epcot or what it is meant to represent.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am struggling to see how the entire building can just be que and load and unload. The current building is huge!

Standby line. Fastpass line. Approximately six switchback halls. Merge hall. Four preshow rooms. Approximately two thirds will be a massive twin lane load / unload hall and ride start.

Maybe.

@marni1971 amazing job with all the details you gave us... you were spot on. Bravo. Can you shed any details on the ride system being developed?
I shouldn't yet. It's only just been announced!

The new ride is going to be solar powered though, right?
Nope.

montyz81

You're forgetting one large part of the EEA equation: Bill Nye. Bill provides the balance in that he has credibility as a scientist.
He has zero credibility as a scientist once he said the ideal gas law had nothing to do with footballs deflating in cold weather. He's an idiot! That said, Energy doent deserve to be re-themed all because he's an idiot and the story in there is dated.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I wonder if this will tie into the old Universe of Energy attraction somehow, as they keep the old building and the front still looks so similar. I think it would be cool if the attraction started like it was the old Universe of Energy and then suddenly the Guardians appear and you get into the roller coaster. Maybe a modern Bill Nye and Ellen can even still be involved.

I've always thought it is funny that both those actors, as well as Alex Trebek, are still active on TV today. They could have picked from many other actors that were big at the time but are no longer relevant today, yet all three still have their own TV shows decades later.

October82

Well considering we don't have any details about the story of the ride we can't speak if it does or doesn't

Maybe in the preshow we get the energy theme

This isn't really how "theme" works. Theme is about cohesive and meaningful experiences that are reinforced and expanded on both in attractions and in the environments that they inhabit. Themes are not small references in preshows. We don't know every detail about this attraction, but we do know what makes for good and bad design choices. We also know what works and does not for Epcot's "edutainment" mission, and there is very little reason to be hopeful here. I understand that people want to be optimistic, but looking for optimism in what we don't know is just ignoring everything we do know.

FettFan

You forgot Poliver and Pompany.

Polliver?

Holy crap....Game of Thrones Land is coming!
Polliver-Game-of-Thrones.jpg

Hide the chickens.
tumblr_n3nu1whfRS1sx76u6o1_250.gif

The_Jobu

This isn't really how "theme" works. Theme is about cohesive and meaningful experiences that are reinforced and expanded on both in attractions and in the environments that they inhabit. Themes are not small references in preshows. We don't know every detail about this attraction, but we do know what makes for good and bad design choices. We also know what works and does not for Epcot's "edutainment" mission, and there is very little reason to be hopeful here. I understand that people want to be optimistic, but looking for optimism in what we don't know is just ignoring everything we do know.

63065065.jpg

jaxonp

No its that not every change is good, your assuming the additions are positive. UoE they could of created an attraction around the natural event of the big bang. Marvel properties have no relation to that. It would be the same if they added Doctor Strange in the WoL pavilion because ... well its Dr Strange.

Changing out UoE to a good old fashioned science of big bang event - good change. Adding an attraction celebrating inventions - good addition. Slapping a movie IP in the parks because ... change. Is a terrible philosophy to go by. When Lex said to make it more relevant to families truly shows how non of the leadership team understand Epcot or what it is meant to represent.

Can't have it both ways. You're assuming the changes are going to be bad.

disneyC97

The fact it's "on every thread" of a forum frequented by many people with more than a passing interest in the industry must surely then say something?

But I understand your point. When there's more to talk about I dare it will be talked about.

Did I mention the exit bridge from unload?
Exit bridge? To where?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom