News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

jaxonp

The current ride has no queue, and we know that anything new will require a huge line capacity. Just look at Flight of Pasage. They had to build 4 hours of interior queue. It would be very easy to see the majority of the existing space used for that.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm wondering if this build will be similar to RnRC where the ride show building is connected from the launch tunnel to the queue, preshow and load/unload area.

jaxonp

Why does everyone assume GoTG has to be related to energy? Kinda sound like that entire side of future world is becoming space themed. GotG, update to MS, new Space resturant.. Test Track is the only thing standing in the way of an entire all space themed area of the park.

RMichael21

Unfortunately, my first trip was in '05, so I have little connection to the Epcot of the 80's and early 90's. As a result, I'm not quite as upset by this as others. While I'm a stickler for theme and wish this was placed elsewhere, I'm optimistic that this could be a great attraction, but only if they do it right. And only time will tell on that front. :)

the_rich

My first time visiting Epcot was in 03 so I never saw it in its original state. So i cant really relate to those of you who are mourning the loss. What I will say is that we really dont know much about this ride. Maybe they surprise us and the theme really fits. Or maybe not. I think its too early to tell.

RMichael21

I wanted to barf when Chapek brought up how "successful" Mission Cashgrab was during the presentation. He only mentioned it 15 times.
From everyone I've talked to, MB has been nothing but successful (I've talked to both fans and casual parkgoers). Personally, I enjoyed the ride. I just wish it didn't have to be placed in an area that it doesn't quite fit in (yet).

Lora Baines Bradley

Why does everyone assume GoTG has to be related to energy? Kinda sound like that entire side of future world is becoming space themed. GotG, update to MS, new Space resturant.. Test Track is the only thing standing in the way of an entire all space themed area of the park.

Because it's going inside the Energy pavilion? They're probably going in the space direction, but Energy was an original EPCOT Center attraction. One hopes they are not kicking that theme to the curb.

jaxonp

I think the stranger thing here more than anything is the overlap in ride idea and concept.. Forget the IP for a moment. We have a Launched Coaster (RnR) through space (Space Mountain) where you know they'll be music pumping (RnR again). So basically we have RnR+Space Mountains love child.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom