News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

PrincessJulia1207

I have to say - I think the D23 presentation really fell flat. They need some actual screenwriters to create some drama and tension. Build up to things with better pacing before big reveals. They spend 10 minutes on a random dance number and then make an off-hand announcement about something new. Like a kid shuffling their feet and staring down at their shoes. I don't get it. It almost seems like they are afraid to announce things (which is probably true).

And what is with the lack of details? We got 0 details. Even for attractions they announced. They didn't announce the ride systems or anything. I get saving something for later, but there are enough things coming that they could give us something.

because they know what they're doing (forcing so many IPs in places they don't belong/match) is incredibly tacky and transparent

SoManyWasps

Peter Quill visited EPCOT as a child? I don't know, the people working at the Imagineering Department are of in La la land.

La La Land overlay was pitched to replace GRM. Chappie thought it was "dour" and had "too much Emma Stone."

Too early to talk coaster model/type? Indoor or outdoor?

Persistent rumor had been a new coaster system entirely. A flying/seated hybrid of sorts. Big if true.

KikoKea

Where am I going to go now for 45 minutes of AC??;)

Seriously, UoE was pretty much dead years ago, so I'm glad they are finally going to do something with it. I'm hoping they make Epcot fabulous and an area DH and I will enjoy just sitting and chilling in the evening.

RMichael21

Where am I going to go now for 45 minutes of AC??;)

Seriously, UoE was pretty much dead years ago, so I'm glad they are finally going to do something with it. I'm hoping they make Epcot fabulous and an area DH and I will enjoy just sitting and chilling in the evening.
Well, you'll have plenty of time in the air-conditioned queue for the first few years after this opens. ;)

jaxonp

No. I've known and loved EPCOT from when it was a building site. It was perfect. The non-EPCOT lovers should've build their own imbecile superhero princess park someplace else and left our heaven alone.

Get over yourself. This isn't about you. Embrace change. Why don't all you complainers go start a, "we hate anything Disney does" thread so those of us that want to talk about the progress and change happening at WDW can do so without the clutter of nonsensical crap that won't change the outcome that you want. The time for speculation and personal wishes has passed. These changes ARE happening. You don't have to like them, but complaining about them does not change the reality of what IS coming. Wasn't it great when hamburgers were 10cents back in the day?

HMF

My thoughts, absolutely not ideal and another blow to Epcot but could be worse and I see they came to the same conclusion I did to re theme the area around space exploration. Now I just hope that some day the ip tie in is pulled and a true Epcot worthy attraction will be made using the same infrastructure.

Last edited:

Jeff456

Get over yourself. This isn't about you. Embrace change. Why don't all you complainers go start a, "we hate anything Disney does" thread so those of us that want to talk about the progress and change happening at WDW can do so without the clutter of nonsensical crap that won't change the outcome that you want. The time for speculation and personal wishes has passed. These changes ARE happening. You don't have to like them, but complaining about them does not change the reality of what IS coming. Wasn't it great when hamburgers were 10cents back in the day?
This is a discussion forum... Some of us can be as disappointed at the damage we feel is being done to Epcot and what made it unique as much as you're allowed to feel the opposite.

jaxonp

This is a discussion forum... Some of us can be as disappointed at the damage we feel is being done to Epcot and what made it unique as much as you're allowed to feel the opposite.

Discussion is one thing, but complaints from the same posters, over and over, gets a little tiresome. At some point, you'd think one would just accept that their vision of WDW isn't ever going to happen. Disney announced so much today and all some posters can do is find something to complain about. It's really really, sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom