News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Purduevian

Why not? (Serious question)
They can't do all ILL because the system isn't flexible.

If the coaster can take 2000 pph, and runs for a 12 hour day they would love to sell 24,000 ILL.

However all those ILL have windows... what if no one shows up for the first 30 minutes. Now the ride sits empty for 30 minutes and the ILL line is backed up the whole day.

Or what if people no show for their ILL appointment? Now they will send the coaster out with empty seats (not a good PR look)

Finally what is there is a 2 hour break down? They have people that paid to ride the ride, but now 4,000 people that can't ride the ride.

Having an additional standby or Virtual boarding groups allows this to be flexible based on ride performance and ILL actions.
If they have empty seats, call more BGs or let more standby ride
If they have a breakdown, call less BGs or let less standby ride

lazyboy97o

Yes, as I said I saw the rotation before launch. I was stating it didn't do it mid ride the way GotG does from the video I saw of a test ride, just at the beginning and end. GotG had a 360 rotation I thought as well which this didn't. I suppose my lack of faith in Disney is showing.... lol

Which will happen more often mid ride and I worry that coordination will not work right. Again lack of faith in Disney I know....
The coaster is manufactured by Vekoma, not Disney.

correcaminos

The coaster is manufactured by Vekoma, not Disney.
Thanks captain obvious ;)

Seriously I know all of this. I just have little faith I guess in Disney offering something that won't break down. Being a massive coaster fan with two pretty good coaster parks in my back yard to sto speak, I'm aware of companies and reliabilities. I'm tempering my expectations knowing how rides manufactured by them even break down at Disney ;)

Last edited:

cindy_k

As a DVC member without an annual pass, I find the wording here interesting. I also received the email today.
"Disney Vacation Club® Members: This event is part of Membership Extras, an incidental benefit. Extras are available with eligible ownership interests."

I am hoping its an after hours event, where I don't need a ticket to get in to ride, like the Moonlight Magic nights.

correcaminos

As a DVC member without an annual pass, I find the wording here interesting. I also received the email today.
"Disney Vacation Club® Members: This event is part of Membership Extras, an incidental benefit. Extras are available with eligible ownership interests."

I am hoping its an after hours event, where I don't need a ticket to get in to ride, like the Moonlight Magic nights.
I don't think it will be based on the last preview they did for Remy. In fact I don't recall any previews being like that (after hours events) in more recent years - knowing I did not pay attention to GE previews.

The Membership Extras is a very common wording to have for these things. It's a "free" thing they can offer to entice direct sales.

Club Cooloholic

I'm pumped. Really glad this is the one opening first over Tron as I am headed there June. It's kinda funny how this developed and got finished almost under the radar compared to Tron's well scrutinized snail pace. But I realize there was already a building in place and much of the work could be done out of the public eye. Still hats off to a good job, Disney.

Rivergirl05

Didn’t remy start as boarding groups first and then introduce ILL after a few weeks? Could this go the same why and when do you think they’d make that announcement?

lewisc

They can't do all ILL because the system isn't flexible.

If the coaster can take 2000 pph, and runs for a 12 hour day they would love to sell 24,000 ILL.

However all those ILL have windows... what if no one shows up for the first 30 minutes. Now the ride sits empty for 30 minutes and the ILL line is backed up the whole day.

Or what if people no show for their ILL appointment? Now they will send the coaster out with empty seats (not a good PR look)

Finally what is there is a 2 hour break down? They have people that paid to ride the ride, but now 4,000 people that can't ride the ride.

Having an additional standby or Virtual boarding groups allows this to be flexible based on ride performance and ILL actions.
If they have empty seats, call more BGs or let more standby ride
If they have a breakdown, call less BGs or let less standby ride
Priority standby. Expected wait time under an hour.

$ILL for only $20. Priority Standby only $5. A 75% savings.

An idea for next Generation genie.

Purduevian

You are still selling $5 standby ride slots for places that might not be there later in the day. To fill all seats as well as allow for breakdowns, or even just slow loaders, there has to be some line that can get called on when there is space or ignored completely (possibly for the rest of the day)

Trauma

I don’t think this is worth flying in for when I’m already going in July. My wife on the other hand wants to do it. How do these things work? If you fly in the day of your preview and the ride breaks down I’m assuming your out of luck?

If you have access to the preview do you still need a park reservation?

matt9112

The mist filled the cave between the lifthill and the broken track, obscuring the track switch and making the sudden arrival at the broken track more of a surprise.

But I believe it caused ride system issues and obscured one or more cameras at times, so it was discontinued.

-Rob

Theres no way different cameras or sensors etc could be used? The default is just the off switch?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don’t think this is worth flying in for when I’m already going in July. My wife on the other hand wants to do it. How do these things work? If you fly in the day of your preview and the ride breaks down I’m assuming your out of luck?

If you have access to the preview do you still need a park reservation?
Yes there is no guarantee of being able to ride.

The preview automatically signs a park reservation.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Go Away GIF

😂

lewisc

You are still selling $5 standby ride slots for places that might not be there later in the day. To fill all seats as well as allow for breakdowns, or even just slow loaders, there has to be some line that can get called on when there is space or ignored completely (possibly for the rest of the day)
You'll keep filling the priority standby group. Refund $1 for every 15 minute wait more then an hour.

DicksonGR

Any of you lovely Cast Members want to help a poor Scotsman out DM me… I leave WDW on the 10th May! D’oh!

Seriously though… I think this will be a good one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom