News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Mike730

This is not how solar panels are traditionally installed. Huge waste of time and money to do all this extra work if you're just going to cover it with solar panels. Not to mention the extra roof weight.

Once the corrugated metal went up it was all over.

After this I'm expecting to see plaster and paint.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just now realized how the concept art is angled so they don’t have the cosmic eyesore in the background.
From a ground level POV near the pavilion, it's going to be hard to see the BBB. When you're near tall things (the pavilion entrance, the trees next to it), those things tower over you and block seeing whatever's behind them.

It's from a distance you'll catch sight of the BBB. And from a distance, if you're not using the telephoto capabilities of your cybernetic eyes, the BBB won't look so big.

Not saying it won't be seen. Not saying it should have been hidden better. Jus' saying it's not as bad as some telephoto shots make it out to be.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is not how solar panels are traditionally installed. Huge waste of time and money to do all this extra work if you're just going to cover it with solar panels. Not to mention the extra roof weight.

Once the corrugated metal went up it was all over.

After this I'm expecting to see plaster and paint.
I expect tar paper shingles.

Horizons1

You wouldn’t have been able to see it anyways due to the well-thought paint job.
86755B97-E26A-4D80-B88B-9827988EC86F.jpeg

It’s invisible.

UNCgolf

I hate that they built that giant, unthemed building as much as anyone -- not to mention the ride going inside it -- but that's not what it looks like in real life. That's definitely some type of telephoto/zoom lens that skews everything. That photo makes it look like the GotG gravity building and the Wonders of Life pavilion are just off the shore of the lagoon.

Last edited:

rle4lunch

I hate that they decided to build that giant, unthemed building as much as anyone, but that's not what it looks like in real life. That's definitely some type of telephoto/zoom lens that skews everything. That photo makes it look like the GotG gravity building and the Wonders of Life pavilion are just off the shore of the lagoon.
yup. telephoto trickery. when the sun is out, and you're looking across from WS, you can barely make it out. Once you find it, you can see it, but scanning the landscape when it's a normal day, it's really not on your radar.

J4546

what if they gave the coaster building a mountain facade? Then maybe build a shanghai style camp discovery between the land and sea pavilion which is about the same distance from sse but on opposite side, then theyd have 2 mountains at the front? I dunno im just spitballling here. I really just want a camp discovery/river rapids ride like shanghai.

rle4lunch

yup. telephoto trickery. when the sun is out, and you're looking across from WS, you can barely make it out. Once you find it, you can see it, but scanning the landscape when it's a normal day, it's really not on your radar.

Lol, I know you disagree, and for the record, I think they cheaped out on things (that's their M.O. for years now), but in my eyes, I'm not always scanning the views. Most times in the last decade I'm more focused on not stepping on feet, getting ran down by scooters, dodging drunks, and trying to find shade.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So you're saying it was just my eyes playing tricks on me in March when I would (but didn't) see a large (invisible) blue box when approaching Epcot, and also when my eyes would (not) catch something in that general direction when looking around Epcot, especially when walking around WS. Does that apply to the Soarin' building as well? Because then there have been dozens of times over the years that I've (not) seen that building. Will this apply to the (non-existent) Tron building as well?

;)

J4546

i just found this cool website with newer satelite images, and you can also look at older ones. Anyways, i looked around epcot and the GotG Que building also added a pretty big addition to the backside as well, that que building is so huge. its cool to look around all the parks and switch the date and see the difference, for example check out the epcot lagoon to see the spacing for the new lightshow

28.38°N 81.55°W | Zoom Earth

Last edited:

BubbaisSleep

Does that apply to the Soarin' building as well? Because then there have been dozens of times over the years that I've (not) seen that building. Will this apply to the (non-existent) Tron building as well?
Soarin' has a building?😯

Tron is an old Fry's warehouse bought by a tech company then covered with a canopy. At least that's what I tell myself.

Last edited:

gorillaball

Considering the amount of space dedicated to it, the queue is not nearly as long as it should be imo. Roughly a Rise length queue. Also, there are actual show scenes in the energy building. They won't knock your socks off, but they are there. Finally, don't forget the pretty large load/unload area. That said, there will still be dead space in the building.

I was always under the impression that we were getting the panels back. Then again, the last time I heard something explicitly abut the panels was early 2019, so I'm not sure how that may have developed.
Is the vehicle maintenance also in the original building?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom