News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

PostScott

Was this taken in the maintenance garage? Flat track? RMC like?
Unless Vekoma has changed their new track design, the coaster looks to be on a maintenance track.

I also wonder what the hourly capacity will be like. I remember a disney official saying that they were not impressed with the recent e-tickets having a lower than average Disney standard hourly capacity. I hope Disney has taken into account this problem before construction began. Rockin roller coaster has an operational capacity of about 1700 per hour, however RRC has 24 riders per vehicle while Guardians has 20 (if the attraction poster is correct). I would assume that then there would be, hopefully, multiple block brakes within the main show building.
1604609811794.png

If this layout of the showbuilding is correct, then I would assume that the huge space for loading and unloading may mean that there could be two load areas, like Space mountain at WDW, then they could use a switch track to combine the two to one track? Maybe they are implementing the omnimover system like hagrids. It is really interesting as to why the load and unload area is so big. So if there are two loading stations, then thats a additional vehicle. RRC has two block brakes within the show building so I'd assume that Guardians would have 2-3. Hopefully the attraction will have a higher capacity than RRC. Guardians will overthrone Test Track as the main e-ticket in Epcot; everyone will run to it first in the morning. So I really hope Disney knows what they're doing with the capacity of the attraction.

Last edited:

celluloid

Unless Vekoma has changed their new track design, the coaster looks to be on a maintenance track.

I also wonder what the hourly capacity will be like. I remember a disney official saying that they were not impressed with the recent e-tickets having a lower than average Disney standard hourly capacity. I hope Disney has taken into account this problem before construction began. Rockin roller coaster has an operational capacity of about 1700 per hour, however RRC has 24 riders per vehicle while Guardians has 20 (if the attraction poster is correct). I would assume that then there would be, hopefully, multiple block brakes within the main show building.
View attachment 510887
If this layout of the showbuilding is correct, then I would assume that the huge space for loading and unloading may mean that there could be two load areas, like Space mountain at WDW. Maybe they are implementing the omnimover system like hagrids. It is really interesting as to why the load and unload area is so big. So if there are two loading stations, then thats a additional vehicle. RRC has two block brakes within the show building so I'd assume that Guardians would have 2-3. Hopefully the attraction will have a higher capacity than RRC. Guardians will overthrone Test Track as the main e-ticket in Epcot; everyone will run to it first in the morning. So I really hope Disney knows what they're doing with the capacity of the attraction.

It will be more accessible than RNR with lower height requirements and likely seen as less thrill more theming as well, so here is hoping it has a healthy capacity.

trainplane3

I doubt that's even maintenance. Looks like temp track (not even bolted to the ground) until they can get it onto maintenance. It's only one car long. If it were in the maintenance shed, I'd expect it to be up in the air or have a pit underneath to make it easier to look over things.

It's probably "shipping" track.

lazyboy97o

Was this taken in the maintenance garage? Flat track? RMC like?
I doubt that's even maintenance. Looks like temp track (not even bolted to the ground) until they can get it onto maintenance. It's only one car long. If it were in the maintenance shed, I'd expect it to be up in the air or have a pit underneath to make it easier to look over things.

It's probably "shipping" track.
The original Instagram post says the photo was taken in a warehouse.

DisneyTransport

What do you mean? An "ADA car" is not a defined thing. There is almost no chance that a car will accommodate a wheelchair but at least one seat must allow transfers from a wheelchair.
We called them WAV cars (wheelchair accessible vehicles) … technically you can call some TAV (transfer access vehicle) but we used WAV for both to keep it simple. I'm pretty sure it will have a couple trains that has a TAV at the end

lazyboy97o

We called them WAV cars (wheelchair accessible vehicles) … technically you can call some TAV (transfer access vehicle) but we used WAV for both to keep it simple. I'm pretty sure it will have a couple trains that has a TAV at the end
It definitely will. New rides are required to have at least one accessible seat per section 234.3 of the 2020 ADA Standards for Accessible Design. That seat can either accommodate a wheelchair directly (can't really secure the rider this way on a roller coaster), allow for transfers or there can be a device that enables transfers.

PostScott

Also are those speakers in the middle?
Looks to be so. I wonder if it'll play 80s music that's similar to the movies (and in the DCA Guardians), or if it'll be the Guardians theme with some more orchestral music, or if it'll be a mix of both.

I do think that the music will definitely make the ride. It's what sets the tone and overall setting of the attraction. The DCA Guardians has a very fun and exciting tone, so the 80s music fits it perfectly, but if Disney wants a more serious tone, then probably a mashup of the two would work better.

UNCgolf

Looks to be so. I wonder if it'll play 80s music that's similar to the movies (and in the DCA Guardians), or if it'll be the Guardians theme with some more orchestral music, or if it'll be a mix of both.

I do think that the music will definitely make the ride. It's what sets the tone and overall setting of the attraction. The DCA Guardians has a very fun and exciting tone, so the 80s music fits it perfectly, but if Disney wants a more serious tone, then probably a mashup of the two would work better.

I don't think the ride will be long enough to play 80s music. Maybe they could play part of one song. Playing it in the queue seems possible, although I don't know if they'd want to pay to license that music. Orchestral would be cheaper.

Also the movies have really been 70s music (with a bit from the 60s) rather than 80s but I get your point.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

With that size of the cars, I'm worried but expecting that the launch won't be that impactful and forceful. Kinda like Slinky Dog's second launch where it barely goes over the hill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom