News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

BrianLo

So… Now that rise of the resistance has raised the bar... do we know if the preshow’s for Guardians will be anything special? Like a mini-ride on the way to the big ride?

The hatred for Mission Breakout is blinding... but the queue is arguably one of the most interesting at DLR. I certainly hope they bring forward a Rocket AA as part of a pre-show.

Professortango1

The hatred for Mission Breakout is blinding... but the queue is arguably one of the most interesting at DLR. I certainly hope they bring forward a Rocket AA as part of a pre-show.

It has plenty to look at, but it feels very cheaply applied and lacking any design and thought. It feels like a mid-level escape room with hastily painted sets.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Last edited:

rle4lunch

I wasn't nearly sold on MB until I rode it. I can see professor tangos point about some of the overlay being cheaply done, especially when you're in queue after the pre-show stuff with trash panda. The electrical wiring and such running through the futuristic boiler room (eh?) was very cheaply done. The pre-show inside the lobby/entrance was very well done. The ride itself is more fun (hard for me to admit it after the first time I rode it, but much easier to admit now). I can see why they picked on ToT to retheme, considering Disney already has a timeless haunted house attraction with HM.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I wasn't nearly sold on MB until I rode it. I can see professor tangos point about some of the overlay being cheaply done, especially when you're in queue after the pre-show stuff with trash panda. The electrical wiring and such running through the futuristic boiler room (eh?) was very cheaply done. The pre-show inside the lobby/entrance was very well done. The ride itself is more fun (hard for me to admit it after the first time I rode it, but much easier to admit now). I can see why they picked on ToT to retheme, considering Disney already has a timeless haunted house attraction with HM.
It’s fun... but disco lights and screens for the main show??

Mike S

I get what you're saying, but I think your "fun" statement captures it. Yes, it's screenz, but it is more fun than it's predecessor. Admittedly, if each stop had a practical show scene it would be better, or at least a mixture of screenz and practical effect.
It’s certainly thrilling, but this would’ve been more fun.
Epcot-Space-Pavilion.jpg

jhm_mission_space1.jpg

jhm_mission_space2.jpg

tumblr_mizqufnUqO1r1pz1eo4_1280.jpg

e302ac868cff49e1a0d1b79d0d2c3666.jpg

Tonto

It’s certainly thrilling, but this would’ve been more fun.
Epcot-Space-Pavilion.jpg

jhm_mission_space1.jpg

jhm_mission_space2.jpg

tumblr_mizqufnUqO1r1pz1eo4_1280.jpg

e302ac868cff49e1a0d1b79d0d2c3666.jpg
Looks cool. Can't help think that for those who have a problem with the GOG building being an eye sore that this design would be even more of an eye sore. That thing is massive and stands out from a design aspect.

Not to mention, we haven't experienced either attraction, so it's hard to get excited about concepts.

Mike S

Looks cool. Can't help think that for those who have a problem with the GOG building being an eye sore that this design would be even more of an eye sore. That thing is massive and stands out from a design aspect.

Not to mention, we haven't experienced either attraction, so it's hard to get excited about concepts.
I was comparing to Mission: SPACE not GotG.

Professortango1

It’s fun... but disco lights and screens for the main show??

They match the queue. The exposed strip lights which are the scanners are seen in most community theatre lighting bays. No attempt to make it look like anything other than it is, an LED color strip mounted above a doorway.

Funny, as the Imagineering episode I just watched talked about how Disney could have just bought things off the shelf, but they made their reputation on creating their own rides and effects in-house. Guess we've entered the Party City/Spirit Halloween phase of Disney Imagineering.

Mike S

They match the queue. The exposed strip lights which are the scanners are seen in most community theatre lighting bays. No attempt to make it look like anything other than it is, an LED color strip mounted above a doorway.

Funny, as the Imagineering episode I just watched talked about how Disney could have just bought things off the shelf, but they made their reputation on creating their own rides and effects in-house. Guess we've entered the Party City/Spirit Halloween phase of Disney Imagineering.
Hopefully this new GotG ride actually lives up to how beloved the MCU is. I’m sick of all these Disney Marvel rides that phone it in. Yes MB is fun but that’s because it already had a great foundation to jump off from. Just add in the humor and it works for most people.

Either that or we wait to see how the Avengers ride turns out.

trainplane3

Have you seen the Christmas overlay of Space Mountain? It's literally music over speakers, some led strips synced up to rockets passing by, and random lights you seen at a rave.

Mac Tonight

I get what you're saying, but I think your "fun" statement captures it. Yes, it's screenz, but it is more fun than it's predecessor. Admittedly, if each stop had a practical show scene it would be better, or at least a mixture of screenz and practical effect.
Was TOT really thought to not be "fun" enough on it's own that it needed sprucing up with movie characters and one-liners?

Professortango1

Was TOT really thought to not be "fun" enough on it's own that it needed sprucing up with movie characters and one-liners?

TOT was my favourite Disney attraction. With TOT gone along with TTBAB, I don't really visit DCA anymore as the other rides don't feel very Disney to me. The only decent attraction is RSR, and I always feel like the indoor portion is missing 2 scenes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom