News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Mike S

tenor.gif
I made my peace with UoE long ago when I was on the very last ride that broke down and got to walk around the Dinosaur set. Brought a lot of necessary closure. It was my absolute favorite childhood ride after all 😌

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I made my peace with UoE long ago when I was on the very last ride that broke down and got to walk around the Dinosaur set. Brought a lot of necessary closure. It was my favorite childhood ride after all 😌
Mine was Horizons. It was just flat out dumb luck that I was at Epcot in early April and December of 98 and got to ride it over and over again.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, December 11, 2019. As viewed from the monorail, new pavement along the side of the building. This may be part of a new pedestrian walkway from the Epcot entrance. No other photos, as the front laydown yard is the same, and the front entrance is still covered by tarps. The thickness of this pavement will support service trucks during park closure hours.

IMG_2630.JPG

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

I agree with the consensus that a LOT is riding on the the quality of this attraction. Considering the (supposed) budget range, it should be an "E+ ticket."

Unfortunately, if I understood him correctly, @marni1971 has suggested that he's not particularly optimistic about it being amazing.

The concept of all these dome screens would seem to indicate that the experience could function almost like a cross between a roller coaster and a motion simulator - where the action on the screen corresponds with (and thus accentuates) the movements of the coaster. That sounds like it could be groundbreaking and really impressive. Or it could totally fall flat, and just be like a variation of Hyperspace Mountain.

I'm also skeptical about how the tone fits with any potential sense of grandeur. Guardians of the Galaxy's tone is basically silly, which doesn't seem like it could be made to fit particularly well with something that's supposed to leave us in any sort of awe.

Tonto

Quite true. The problem is only exasperated when a 30 minute attraction is replaced with a 5 minute thrill ride.
30 minute attraction that was experiencing low wait times. Every time I've visited the attraction over the past 5 years it was a walk on experience with very little riders.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

I agree with the consensus that a LOT is riding on the the quality of this attraction. Considering the (supposed) budget range, it should be an "E+ ticket."

Unfortunately, if I understood him correctly, @marni1971 has suggested that he's not particularly optimistic about it being amazing.

The concept of all these dome screens would seem to indicate that the experience could function almost like a cross between a roller coaster and a motion simulator - where the action on the screen corresponds with (and thus accentuates) the movements of the coaster. That sounds like it could be groundbreaking and really impressive. Or it could totally fall flat, and just be like a variation of Hyperspace Mountain.

I'm also skeptical about how the tone fits with any potential sense of grandeur. Guardians of the Galaxy's tone is basically silly, which doesn't seem like it could be made to fit particularly well with something that's supposed to leave us in any sort of awe.
Tron has some massive screens in the final part, all around. It's an ok effect combined with your coaster.
I have no idea if what they're going for in GotG is similar. (Nor do I care much 😌 )

The Empress Lilly

Fair enough. But it's always UoE that we miss, not Ellen.

UoE was an artistic kinetic movie preshow(with a divine song), followed by an original animated movie, next a 6 minute ride (short by EPCOT standards, but grand in scale. When did you last see a t-rex fight a stegosaurus above on a cliff above your head?), followed by a 12? minute live-action movie (the only normal movie! But on massive semi-surround screens), concluded by a laser mirror finale to rousing music.* Quite the succession of different media. Unlike Ellen, which four times in a row projects tv show quality segments.

*To which one can add the Energy Exchange in CC, an awesome exhibit that wouldn't be misplaced in any science museum.

Lintemuthstudios

Just be a fun coaster. That's all I ask. It doesn't have to be groundbreaking, it doesn't have to be insanely thrilling or whatever, just be fun. EPCOT needs a coaster badly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom