News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

trainplane3

Most likely a fan design, but this is coming from the person that's been watching the testing at Vlodrop. I know it's based off the concept art that was shown back at D23 2017, but is there any weight to this representation @marni1971? (since we all know concept art is just that, a concept that will most likely change)

cindy_k

I took a couple of pictures of the building yesterday while at food and wine. I could not believe how big it is.
From across the lake.
20180916_124046.jpg

From the parking lot.
20180916_105726.jpg

geekza

A couple more shots i thought might be of interest ....althought this may well be old news by now.
I was saddened to see this close up and in person a few days ago -

All the original mirrored tile work stripped clean, with nothing but black base paneling and chipped away paint.
View attachment 313511View attachment 313512

It had me feeling a bit melancholy knowing I wouldn't be able to experience UoE again this visit.... It was a must do every visit.
But seeing the place stripped like this really hit me a little harder then I expected.

RIP, ya ol' Universe.
You made the world go round.

-
The "Dream Builders" sign on the wall is especially ironic, considering the completely original and super-cool attraction (at least the dinos that remained from the original) that we lost so that they could build IP: The Coaster.

Cosmic Commando

GotG is the winner in the single ride category. But it's plausible that WDW is purposely taking their time by having a specific time they want it opened (2021) and not waiting until 2019 to kill Ellen's Energy, but to kill it off now seeing how 'empty' it usually was and not wanting to spend money to fix many of its problems when they knew it was going to be scrapped anyway.
I think the closing date also shouldn’t be overlooked. GMR “needed” to close around when it did to make sure its replacement was open before Galaxy’s Edge. Closing UoE at the same time probably minimized the backlash from the hardcore fans, and oh, hey, there’s t-shirts you can buy over here.

Cosmic Commando

Umm... basically... sure... they are both add-ons in a way.
But I see what you're going for, and so I'd have to correct you and say it would be closer to the Castle Birthday Cake than The Wand.
I meant IIRC the Wand had sort of giant sequins or shiny guitar pick looking things hanging on little rods that could sway in the wind. It wasn't just a regular painted surface.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom