News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

brb1006

This sadly looks familiar.
Horizons_Full_775.jpg

Epcot82Guy

After riding Steel Vengeance this past weekend I feel that I can say without a doubt, this isn't going to live up to anything I was looking forward to. SV is a massive, long, widing, fast, beast of a ride. Subtract the lift hill and you have at least a minute and a half of pure, high speed, drunk coaster designer thrill. Smoothest coaster by far, smoother then anything else I've rode in a opening season. It took 11 years but Maverick was finally dethroned as my favorite coaster of all time.

SV has a deep story, probably as deep as this coaster. Ready? Three antiheroes wanted to run Maverick (neighboring coaster turned character) out of town. So guess what they did? Build a bigger and badder coaster. That's it.

Two different kinds of coasters, sure. But anything I was looking forward to with this just had it's hopes blown out of the water. SV is my new benchmark for coasters.

I was actually at Cedar Point myself this past weekend, and I noted how much more story there seemed to be in their attractions (and Halloween decor - especially at Hotel Breakers). Not at Disney's level. But, they seemed to really want to make things fit - in a park that has not cared about that for a long time. And, my fellow guests (not Disney nerds at all) noticed too. It gave that part of the park a cohesiveness that was well taken.

trainplane3

Not to mention this will open after Universal open two new coasters, Busch Gardens two, and SeaWorld one.

Wrong idea, wrong location.
Agreed! And to add to that list, Cedar Point has their 150th in 2 years and most are expecting something big to be announced then. Whether it's a coaster or not, it'll be worth it since CP knows what the GP want to see. And I trust them.

RMC Gwazi should be something to see and that new HP coaster seems to already be packing more "party tricks" then this thing. Oh ours has controlled spinning? Cool. HP has multi-directional launches, shows scenes, AND a drop track (well 2 but that's for capacity) AAANNDD it's opening before this. I slightly doubt Gwazi and HP will touch SV for pure insanity but they should both be very awesome and well worth the construction time (1 1/2 years for HP and what, probably the same for RMC conversion Gwazi?).

The GP wait 4 years for a coaster and they expect it to blow their minds. While it's going to be good, it's going to be SDD good for the GP. Probably with most confused why it took 4 years for this thing to open.

I was actually at Cedar Point myself this past weekend, and I noted how much more story there seemed to be in their attractions (and Halloween decor - especially at Hotel Breakers). Not at Disney's level. But, they seemed to really want to make things fit - in a park that has not cared about that for a long time. And, my fellow guests (not Disney nerds at all) noticed too. It gave that part of the park a cohesiveness that was well taken.
I have a friend that constantly jokes about Disaster Transport and how it would've made a great Dead Space ride if CF cared about theming. I'll agree though, they do some pretty nice work when they want with theming. Keeping effects working continually for years is their absolute weak point. Maverick JUST got the train effects back this year after not having them for 8-ish years and it's still missing the "warp-speed" lights too.

Too bad the haunts were lacking this year due to staff issues. Bayou was bad and the Frontier Trail was much shorter and weaker overall (sliders and the one with the horn were on point). Cut Throat Cove had the best screamsters by far.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
When I see the inside gutted like it is, it just seems like such disrespect to the artists (murals, set design) and Imagineers that made UoE so incredible. Yes it was starting to show its age in its last few years, but a major upgrade would have not only cost a ton less than what is now essentially a new build, it would have helped Epcot keep its identity and still display what was one of the most unique attractions I ever set foot in. Such a shame...

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
So... the *shock* of a gutted building...

Who here thought it wouldn't be gutted? Were people expecting them to keep the big Ellen's dream screens? Or Ellen herself?

View attachment 314850

The best WDW had to offer will be sorely missed.
I'm not shocked, we all knew it was a gut job, it just brought back some of my original sediments when this was officially announced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom