News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Biff215

I'm not sure of your angle on the coaster, but the building seems small to me [I have not seen it in person] in terms of handling an actual e-ticket coaster. Can anyone liken this to the size and scope of Space Mountain? Or Rock'n Rollercoaster? Bigger? Smaller? I mean, I don't need another wild mouse in the dark. I want a unique experience but if they are going to do a coaster then, darn it, DO a coaster.
I’m sure they need a large building for this, and I agree it should be a good coaster. But in person you can’t miss this thing from just about everywhere in the park. I’m willing to wait and see it finished, but right now I can’t imagine a realistic way to hide or theme it that won’t completely change Epcot as we currently know it. But maybe that’s what they want.

Club34

I’m sure they need a large building for this, and I agree it should be a good coaster. But in person you can’t miss this thing from just about everywhere in the park. I’m willing to wait and see it finished, but right now I can’t imagine a realistic way to hide or theme it that won’t completely change Epcot as we currently know it. But maybe that’s what they want.

Yeah, I went back in this thread a bit and some guy posted that non-zoomed photo from Morocco and you can see it almost competing with SSE. So it does seem large. I am not overly concerned. Hopefully it is well themed but not too distracting. I just want a kick-butt attraction. We can't stop what's coming so I just have to get pumped for a good ride. I agree that its a bit out of place in Epcot but I do not imagine we are going to get the infotainment attractions of yesteryear. That is dead. And admittedly, I am a Marvel movie fanatic. So here's hoping we get a classic attraction. I despise simulator rides and even I have to admit that FoP is insanely good. Amazing.

Last edited:

NateD1226

Yeah, I went back in this thread a bit and some guy posted that non-zoomed photo from Morocco and you can see it almost competing with SSE. So it does seem large. I am not overly concerned. Hopefully it is well themed but not too distracting. I just want a kick-butt attraction. We can't stop what's coming so I just have to get pumped for a good ride. I agree that its a bit out of place in Epcot but I do not imagine we are going to get the infotainment attractions of yesteryear. That is dead. And admittedly, I am a Marvel movie fanatic. So hears hoping we get a classic attraction. I despise simulator rides and even I have to admit that FoP is insanely good. Amazing.
It sounds like it is going to be great! I hope they add the drop coaster effect that was posted a while back.

Biff215

Yeah, I went back in this thread a bit and some guy posted that non-zoomed photo from Morocco and you can see it almost competing with SSE. So it does seem large. I am not overly concerned. Hopefully it is well themed but not too distracting. I just want a kick-butt attraction. We can't stop what's coming so I just have to get pumped for a good ride. I agree that its a bit out of place in Epcot but I do not imagine we are going to get the infotainment attractions of yesteryear. That is dead. And admittedly, I am a Marvel movie fanatic. So hears hoping we get a classic attraction. I despise simulator rides and even I have to admit that FoP is insanely good. Amazing.
Ha, that was actually my picture I took a week or two ago. I agree that info/edutainment attractions are dead, and I honestly despised Energy in its latest form. But the location and building choice are interesting. I just hope it turns out to be a great attraction that somehow fits in Epcot.

geekza

For the amount of money they're spending on this, maybe they'll have some nova corps space ships flying around the outside of the building. On invisible wires of course.
You know, because today's Imagineers have absolutely mastered the art of making things look like they're floating.
jackjack.JPG

MagicJack78

Not sure who mentioned this, but I believe the idea is to blend the building into the 1980's aesthetics of the current buildings in Epcot.
I haven't thought about this, but this could be an optimal way to approach a potential solution. It may not hide the building, but it also may look like it belongs and that would be a win.

Can't wait for this building to be complete. Will wait till then to draw any final conclusions.

Kman101

I was one who waited to see it in person and yes, you can't miss it. I was really shocked. Pictures actually don't show the scale and how intrusive it honestly is. And I'm not one to complain about things like this.

Kman101

Yeah, I went back in this thread a bit and some guy posted that non-zoomed photo from Morocco and you can see it almost competing with SSE. So it does seem large. I am not overly concerned. Hopefully it is well themed but not too distracting. I just want a kick-butt attraction. We can't stop what's coming so I just have to get pumped for a good ride. I agree that its a bit out of place in Epcot but I do not imagine we are going to get the infotainment attractions of yesteryear. That is dead. And admittedly, I am a Marvel movie fanatic. So here's hoping we get a classic attraction. I despise simulator rides and even I have to admit that FoP is insanely good. Amazing.

I know it doesn't matter now, but James Gunn (sorry if anyone is bothered by me talking about him but I think it's relevant to this) had a tweet where it seemed he knew the stakes were high and that fans were concerned about it fitting in Epcot and he seemed confident it would. But I mean, take it for what it's worth. LOL. Who knows? I don't remember the exact tweet and I don't know that I want to go searching for it. But it was something about fitting in with "Walt's vision" (I'm kind of bothered he used that for some reason; and maybe he shouldn't have). I have no idea if it was lip service or not. And I'm sure there will be disagreements on whether it truly does or not.

I'm trying to hope for the best.

geekza

I know it doesn't matter now, but James Gunn (sorry if anyone is bothered by me talking about him but I think it's relevant to this) had a tweet where it seemed he knew the stakes were high and that fans were concerned about it fitting in Epcot and he seemed confident it would. But I mean, take it for what it's worth. LOL. Who knows? I don't remember the exact tweet and I don't know that I want to go searching for it. But it was something about fitting in with "Walt's vision" (I'm kind of bothered he used that for some reason; and maybe he shouldn't have). I have no idea if it was lip service or not. And I'm sure there will be disagreements on whether it truly does or not.

I'm trying to hope for the best.
He was apparently really juiced about being included in the attraction design. I guess we should just prepare for the inevitable speculation about what an attraction that included his input would have been in comparison to what we get.

Brer Oswald

Not that it’s a surprise, but it looks like the new movie is officially delayed now. Will be interesting to see how this might affect this attraction, but 2021 is obviously a ways off still.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...y-3-production-hold-james-gunn-firing-1137400
They could obviously postpone any of the inevitable filming and voice recordings, if they hasn’t already been done. That being said, if the actors choose to completely back away from Disney, what good would it be to continue to build the attraction?

wannabeBelle

They could obviously postpone any of the inevitable filming and voice recordings, if they hasn’t already been done. That being said, if the actors choose to completely back away from Disney, what good would it be to continue to build the attraction?
The attraction would be built, I think we are too far into it to NOT go that way. About the only thing that might happen, is that it might be re-themed to a different IP or concept. Any thoughts @marni1971 ? Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom