News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

lazyboy97o

Flat roofs with EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) Rubber membranes are common in nearly any climate condition, save extremely high snow loads, and even then those can be adequately accommodated with a heftier structure. Freezing temps and precipitation are not factors that would inhibit use of a flat roof. Virtually every warehouse in the world, no matter the climate, is a flat roof.

I would be surprised if they use a ballasted system (tar and gravel) though, they aren't really used much anymore on new construction. The big question is whether the EPDM will be black or white. Latest research suggests they should cover it in a white membrane.
For some reason I want to say that Disney likes Modified Bit roofs.

Ballast systems are pretty much a no go in Florida due to the hazard of wind-borne debris.

Missing20K

For some reason I want to say that Disney likes Modified Bit roofs.

Ballast systems are pretty much a no go in Florida due to the hazard of wind-borne debris.

I wonder what the reasoning is. 90 mil EPDM and mechanically fastened or fully adhered and you have like a 30-40 year warranty depending on manufacturer and some other factors.

Ballast systems are pretty much no go everywhere, but yeah I should have known better. :banghead:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@danlb_2000 Just said the permits show no new ponds

There be ponds in the permits. This permit pic is overlaid in the Google Earth pic above.

1534882333663.png

OG Runner

As far as anyone knows, the former Energy building is only going to be used for the queue and pre-show. The coaster itself is only in the new building. We don't know anything about the actual layout right now.

I hope that is not the case. The Universe of Energy building is pretty large. The pre-show area should be big enough for a large queue.
Think of the previous ride, the size of the ride vehicles and the "theater".

lazyboy97o

I wonder what the reasoning is. 90 mil EPDM and mechanically fastened or fully adhered and you have like a 30-40 year warranty depending on manufacturer and some other factors.
At the moment, I couldn’t say. A lot of things with Walt Disney World are simply because they already have a lot of it and therefore they have a staff that already knows how to handle it.

aladdin2007

Is anyone else disturbed by the scale of this?

after seeing it today, I kept saying to myself what were they thinking!!!! its just ..... words cant describe.....with that said I cant see how this is going to connect to the energy building. on the ground? so that backstage access road will be cut off?

Club34

Is anyone else disturbed by the scale of this?

I'm not sure of your angle on the coaster, but the building seems small to me [I have not seen it in person] in terms of handling an actual e-ticket coaster. Can anyone liken this to the size and scope of Space Mountain? Or Rock'n Rollercoaster? Bigger? Smaller? I mean, I don't need another wild mouse in the dark. I want a unique experience but if they are going to do a coaster then, darn it, DO a coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom