News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Movielover

And now, a little something I drew to illustrate the type of layout. This is purposely not fully accurate, clear, nor does it show elevation or exactly what track is connected to what. Nor does it come with huge letters.

View attachment 301240

And no stealing or copying. This is a WDWMagic exclusive and if I see it elsewhere I’ll know where it’s from!

giphy.gif

Kman101

And now, a little something I drew to illustrate the type of layout. This is purposely not fully accurate, clear, nor does it show elevation or exactly what track is connected to what. Nor does it come with huge letters.

View attachment 301240

And no stealing or copying. This is a WDWMagic exclusive and if I see it elsewhere I’ll know where it’s from!

So a little bit more than Mine Train? Looks like a familar track layout that I can't picture right now. Any chances of cuts where we end up like we did with 7D? It seems lengthy but not "long", would that be accurate? Reminds me of Mine Train before it was butchered to what we ended up with, lol.

And of course THANK YOU!

trainplane3

View attachment 301240

Just awesome! Leaving out the launch and exit/final brake run I see...

I await for the other site to try to one up you now...

Kman101

Yeah... that’d give too many surprises away. I have to say the ride part in the 1982 building is the most interesting for me. Not that I condone what they’ve done to it.

Well that gives me a very small glimmer of hope they know they have to at least try. I just don't want silly lipservice like "LOOK IT'S DISNEYLAND" and the average guest just eats it up and defends it because it's "fun and bouncy now" (of course they gave us that with Peter Quill photoshopped badly over Epcot) I know Guardians is a bit meta, that works, but not for me in an attraction in a theme park. I'm tired of the wink wink nudge nudge stuff. They try too hard with it. It doesn't feel natural anymore. Just make it fit without trying so hard. But I digress a bit ...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well that gives me a very small glimmer of hope they know they have to at least try. I just don't want silly lipservice like "LOOK IT'S DISNEYLAND" and the average guest just eats it up and defends it because it's "fun and bouncy now" (of course they gave us that with Peter Quill photoshopped badly over Epcot) I know Guardians is a bit meta, that works, but not for me in an attraction in a theme park. I'm tired of the wink wink nudge nudge stuff. They try too hard with it. It doesn't feel natural anymore. Just make it fit without trying so hard. But I digress a bit ...
The backstory is still pants. It’s the ride layout that’s interesting. It’s not your standard load, dispatch, launch, ride, brakes, turn the corner to unload then return to load.

The dual platforms will be a start.

Last edited:

Kman101

The backstory is still pants. It’s the ride layout that’s interesting. It’s not your standard load, dispatch, launch, ride, brakes, turn the corner to unload then return to load.

The duel platforms will be a start.

Sounds intriguing at the very least. Something to look forward to I suppose :)

I imagine they can't really shy away from the meh backstory.

hpyhnt 1000

The fact they've kept the original building is certainly a win. And I'm with you on the meta nonsense. It works for Jungle Cruise, I think largely because of the nature of the attraction (live CM and rather absurdist concept) but I really don't like to see it spread.

@marni1971's interest in some portion of this ride system means we should at least get a solid coaster behind the awful theme. I can (foolishly and blindly) hope for a future where the ill fitting Guardians overlay is removed and we're left with a fun ride under a more appropriate theme.

Kman101

The fact they've kept the original building is certainly a win. And I'm with you on the meta nonsense. It works for Jungle Cruise, I think largely because of the nature of the attraction (live CM and rather absurdist concept) but I really don't like to see it spread.

@marni1971's interest in some portion of this ride system means we should at least get a solid coaster behind the awful theme. I can (foolishly and blindly) hope for a future where the ill fitting Guardians overlay is removed and we're left with a fun ride under a more appropriate theme.

I love the Guardians but it can't last forever. Let's hope we're all still kicking to see a re-theme! lol

Maybe that was the idea? I know the coaster has to be separate but maybe they filled the building with queues and pre-shows in hopes of being able to use it someday again (not saying they currently have any plans, the ride isn't even open yet!).

Probably just wishful thinking designers did it on purpose - but it was probably to save money on building a new queue/pre-show/load building when they had a dated attraction right there. Kills two birds with one stone. Reuses a building without replacing it with a dark ride and gives those who like it a thrill coaster. It's seen as a new experience and expansion when it's, technically, not (yet the coaster building is indeed an expansion ... so it's obvious how they think). I can see why they make the choices they do. Not saying I agree with them ... LOL

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The duel platforms will be a start.

Duel Platforms... I assume you're not pointing that out simply because they'll have a dual platform for capacity purposes (a.l.a. Tron or Thunder Mountain)... would I be on the right train of thought if there might be two radically different experiences depending on which platform you load? Possibly a more "mild" version of the attraction (less spin/movement of the car) and a more intense version? Or possibly two different storylines?

Kman101

Duel Platforms... I assume you're not pointing that out simply because they'll have a dual platform for capacity purposes (a.l.a. Tron or Thunder Mountain)... would I be on the right train of thought if there might be two radically different experiences depending on which platform you load? Possibly a more "mild" version of the attraction (less spin/movement of the car) and a more intense version? Or possibly two different storylines?

Sounds like that could be close. I imagine separate experiences before the gravity building. Wonder if they'll have two tracks in the gravity building, like Space Mountain? You have two sides initially but it converges into the main gravity building as you whirl around on a track separate from the other?

That would be slightly unique but just a different take on Space Mountain, with Guardians. Could be why Martin's more impressed with the start than the finish. Sounds like a mix of Rock n' Roller Coaster, Space Mountain and TRON. I can see why they chose Epcot for this particular coaster.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sounds like that could be close. I imagine separate experiences before the gravity building. Wonder if they'll have two tracks in the gravity building, like Space Mountain? You have two sides initially but it converges into the main gravity building as you whirl around on a track separate from the other?

That would be slightly unique but just a different take on Space Mountain, with Guardians. Could be why Martin's more impressed with the start than the finish. Sounds like a mix of Rock n' Roller Coaster, Space Mountain and TRON. I can see why they chose Epcot for this particular coaster.
You really can read too much into a sentence! I was indeed simply pointing it out.
I've never heard anything dismissively described as "pants" and it's now my new favorite thing in the English language.
The Queen approves :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom