News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It's interesting that Chris Pratt (playing specific characters of course) may be prominently in two major attractions in competing Orlando parks in the next few years... (Vin Diesel as well, but only in voice for one attraction... I guess Dwayne Johnson as well depending on if they do anything to Jungle Cruise)

geekza

It's interesting that Chris Pratt (playing specific characters of course) may be prominently in two major attractions in competing Orlando parks in the next few years... (Vin Diesel as well, but only in voice for one attraction... I guess Dwayne Johnson as well depending on if they do anything to Jungle Cruise)
YOU TAKE THAT BACK
*quietly wishes massive failure to Jungle Cruise movie*

FigmentJedi

Guardians' Dance Party storyline basically establishes the backstory of the coaster.

”After saving their world from certain destruction, Peter Quill—a.k.a. Star Lord—brokered a deal with Nova Prime and the Xandarian government to bring an outreach program to his home planet. The purpose? To share Xandar’s rich heritage and culture with Earth’s people.

As luck would have it, Peter informed Xandar’s leaders that there’s already a place on Earth with a similar mission… a theme park called Epcot, where all of Earth’s cultures are celebrated. So, as part of their first outreach, Xandar has sent some of their most talented performers to showcase their music!”

djdan888

A big blue box may be the least offensive option, assuming that we must have a 130'+ tall box, but it's a long way from being acceptable.

Can someone remind me again why they couldn't fit more in the existing building? It's the second largest single-roofed structure on property (behind the Contemporary convention center) and one of the largest show buildings Disney has ever created, yet modern WDI seems to think it's only large enough for queue and load/unload. In addition to disrupting sightlines around the park, it's a colossal waste of a massive facility.

So it would look like IKEA? lol

Spash007

I guess I should've said "acceptable in this situation since it's being built and nothing will change that".

I don't think anyone will disagree with you on the waste of a great (looking) building.

I'm going to guess that while large, the building wasn't conducive to a roller coaster being housed (space for launch/momentum, height for drops, etc.). That of course begs the question of why this location was chosen. If they're building a whole new building anyway, why not just put it somewhere that made more sense, say I don't know, another theme park based on movies? Or, be creative and have a ride system that actually could be housed in the existing building.

I will though give Disney some credit in that they didn't just bulldoze the UoE building and put a massive box right there.

Bocabear

They should have bulldozed it. It no longer has any relationship to its content. Keeping it is meaningless cost savings touted as appreciation.
It's more than just a small cost savings and appreciation...It is a massive, well built and beautifully designed building...Why not keep the building and add the ugly box behind and offstage? At least the park face will still fit the scale of the park.

Spash007

They should have bulldozed it. It no longer has any relationship to its content. Keeping it is meaningless cost savings touted as appreciation.

Agreed there's no relationship. However, it is a highly visible location, and if the giant box went right there, the visual effect on Spaceship Earth I think would be much more pronounced

tomast

I love to see Tower of Terror blend so well to the morocco pavilion and think how much does disney care for details. Until i see the Swan and dolphing building, a horrible monster with horrible statues at the top. it just hurts my eyes when walking on World Showcase...

Can this, a big blue box be worse? i dont think so

geekza

I love to see Tower of Terror blend so well to the morocco pavilion and think how much does disney care for details. Until i see the Swan and dolphing building, a horrible monster with horrible statues at the top. it just hurts my eyes when walking on World Showcase...

Can this, a big blue box be worse? i dont think so
There's a big difference between barely being able to see a massive building that is located in another park and putting up a boxy monstrosity in plain sight. It is what it is, I guess.

tomast

There's a big difference between barely being able to see a massive building that is located in another park and putting up a boxy monstrosity in plain sight. It is what it is, I guess.
I like the view of ToT because its well blended. I cant say the same of Dolphin and Swan buildings

tomast

Sweden is the place with the more famous, but slightly less tasty, meatballs. They also have cheaper furniture in Sweden. :)
And everything comes with assembly instructions and some more little pieces that the ones you need just to make you feel that you have done something wrong! Haha

BTW I would really really love to see my country (Argentina) on world showcase 😍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom