News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Kman101

IP isn't really the 'problem', or it shouldn't be. The execution using IP and placement of IP is what leaves a lot to be desired. Certain IPs can have a place, too. But I'd love unique and original attractions as well. It's a shame everything does have to be tied to an IP now. But I still think there's room for new IPs as long as it's a solid execution and in the right place (execution on Guardians remains to be seen; right place, I guess is subjective, but I can't get behind GOTG in Epcot, when I can justify several other IPs), which they haven't done well with so far.

Kman101

Technically, Uni talk started on page 264. ;)

To summarize the previous pages: Guardians of the Galaxy is an underwhelming franchise that is entirely misplaced EPCOT.

Fixed that for you. :p ;)

It's not underwhelming to a lot of us. I really enjoy GOTG. It's nothing amazing but it's fun. To each their own and all, of course. But agreed it it is entirely misplaced in EPCOT.

The Empress Lilly

Interestingly nothing I’ve seen so far (and I’ve browsed a lot) directly uses the full name of the IP. Nor the M word.
For what it's worth, if this is what you mean, the GotG name defiled EPCOT in the EPCOT 35 Exhibition in the Odyssey. They used it there. But not the M word.

r-1510794998-2017EpcotFoodandWineFestival68.JPG

Cesar R M

Universal just seemed somewhat lacking.
Agree, Some areas do not feel cohesive and lacks "atmosphere". Some are amazing (like Simpsons land, Harry Potter areas).
The characters feels disjointed too. And the feel is not the same.
Its like you get a budget version in the character department. The only areas that seem full of the seams to interactivity and "characters" seems to be Harry Potter areas.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
You make a fair argument. Obviously value is subjective and there are a lot of variables. I can only speak from my own experience (hence the IMOs) but I can tell you that 8 nights in Sept of last year at Hard Rock hotel was $2955 including room and 4 day unlimited tix to 3 parks. It doesnt include food, of course. Compare that with a 2014 trip to beach club ($4400) which was 7 nights with 6 day tix or CBR 2015 which was $3400 with 6 day tix. All other costs were essentially the same. So, IMO, I received better value for my trip to UNI. Breaking down to single days and other scenarios may flip the script of course .. Just my experience. Dont take this to mean I prefer UNI ..I do not. But dollar for dollar, I feel its a better value over the past few years for extended trips.
Yeah, hotels I can't speak for. My family goes for the off site 30 dollar a night econolodge.

But just purely on the ticket prices, Uni is more expensive per day for a ticket and more expensive per park for the annual pass.

Plus, if you do the math, Volcano Bay is priced like a theme park for the annual pass but priced like a water park for a day ticket. So, money wise that is even less value for a Uni year pass.

Of course, at the end of the day, value comes down to personal preference of what is worth more to you. But, when it comes to the parks at least, just doing the math, Disney is objectively a better value. More for the same rate

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, hotels I can't speak for. My family goes for the off site 30 dollar a night econolodge.

But just purely on the ticket prices, Uni is more expensive per day for a ticket and more expensive per park for the annual pass.

Plus, if you do the math, Volcano Bay is priced like a theme park for the annual pass but priced like a water park for a day ticket. So, money wise that is even less value for a Uni year pass.

Of course, at the end of the day, value comes down to personal preference of what is worth more to you. But, when it comes to the parks at least, just doing the math, Disney is objectively a better value. More for the same rate
Which, just to clarify. I love both. I think Disney and universal both have their pluses and minuses. I did the Disney college program and my first big purchase was a ticket to Universal. I just don't get the argument that I see so often here that Uni is such a better value or cheaper.

But back on topic. I love the Gaurdians movies. I think the ride will be great. I think Epcot is a bad fit, but not the tragedy some people make it out to be. If nothing else, it is tucked in a corner and will bring in people to Epcot. People coming for reasons other than drinking is a step closer ti the right direction

lazyboy97o

Is it weird that this has long been officially announced and is now about to go vertical, yet the only name for the attraction that we've seen is "'Guardians of the Galaxy'- themed rolled coaster"?

Just strikes me as odd.
I don’t think names have been used for TRON or Ratatouille either, but I’m really hoping they go with Remy’s Totally Zany Adventure.

Castle Cake Apologist

I don’t think names have been used for TRON or Ratatouille either, but I’m really hoping they go with Remy’s Totally Zany Adventure.

Yeah, but those are clones with existing names. This is a brand new attraction, so it seems odd that we've not been given an actual title yet.

Isn't Ratatouille going to be Kitchen Calamity here as well? It's on the concept art, but yours is better.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
But back on topic. I love the Gaurdians movies. I think the ride will be great. I think Epcot is a bad fit, but not the tragedy some people make it out to be. If nothing else, it is tucked in a corner and will bring in people to Epcot. People coming for reasons other than drinking is a step closer ti the right direction

For me, it is a piece (albeit a big piece) of a slow moving tragedy that I've been watching for decades. I love the Guardians movies too. I could make an argument that Guardians Vol.1 was the best Star Wars movie I've seen in 30 years and Guardians Vol. 2 was the best Star Trek movie I've seen in the last 30 years. Not sure I completely believe those arguments, but I could argue them. Then, the first scene of the group in Infinity War made me realize they could do a Firefly style movie. Anyway, I suppose in my heart I feel as though this is a disservice to both the franchise and EPCOT. And I'm taking into account that this will be a really fun attraction, that when I successfully enter my EPCOT mental vacuum, I will enjoy.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

As far as I know, it’s Kitchen Calamity. I like the name. Better than the dumbed-down 2000s names. The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Good grief. Even Flight of Passage has to be defiled with AVATAR in front.
The concept art shown at D23 says Kitchen Calamity.

es135

Is it weird that this has long been officially announced and is now about to go vertical, yet the only name for the attraction that we've seen is "'Guardians of the Galaxy'- themed rolled coaster"?

Just strikes me as odd.

To be fair, we didn't find out the official name to SWGE until well into the construction of both lands. I wonder if the name of this ride gives more away about the story than Disney wants us to know yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom