News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

jaxonp

Many omnimovers can already load wheelchairs on to vehicles without stopping. Ultimately the intent is that the new systems will be able to load wheelchairs and guests needing additional time without having to slow or stop the ride.

This isn’t happening though.

peter11435

This isn’t happening though.
Which part.

The omnimovers that can load wheelchairs without stopping do it all the time. That doesn’t mean they don’t have to stop for some too. But they load them without stopping often.

The designs/patents for systems that will allow those guests as much time as needed without stopping are still a work in progress.

Kman101

The ride could be slowed down or stopped for a different reason than just a loading wheelchair ... I don't mind being "inconvenienced" for a couple of minutes, because, you know, they're likely in a wheelchair for the rest of their life (no, not every case, of course). Sometimes life is more than getting annoyed having to wait for someone who needs a little extra help.

RobotWolf

On Nemo, there's a really slick mechanism where they can pull the front out, rotate, push the wheelchair in, rotate, and push it back in and lock. All while still moving, just slowing the ride down.
Here's a video showing it. On my recent trip I watched them load while keeping the ride moving.

As he's rotating the wheelchair mechanism, you can hear and see the ride stop.

RobotWolf

I was trying to clarify why the previous poster had said that it wasn't happening. I thought he was referring to the video. I wasn't trying to contradict the point that it was happening in other instances.

Incomudro

It absolutely is and has become the biggest complaint among guests. You’re lucky if you can go through the Haunted Masion without it stopping 2 maybe 3 times per ride. Same for Buzz and Mermaid. I think there is many reasons we won’t see omnis being built anymore. I’m surprised Buzz got built in Shanghai.

There are far less morbidly obese people tooling around on mobility scooters in Shanghai.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It peaked at 11.8 mil in 1997, then gradually declined to 8.6 mil in 2003, then picked up again. It hit it's peak again in 2015 (11.8) and has declined since then.

Edit: It may have been higher in the 80s, it's hard to say because the only stats I could find had total attendance for WDW and not broken down by gate.
It was higher in the 80s. 1987 was the peak that’s not been reached since.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Ahhhhhh, the never ending rebuttal of the people who think anyone that disagrees with IP's plastered everywhere is somehow holding out for EPCOT Center to return.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, ...
Don't let a little reality get in the way of your entitled fantasies. For as we all know,
24obh7.jpg

rocketraccoon

The exterior of UoE as of today.

tLftM3K.jpg

JZ19A7P.jpg

x8tjxu3.jpg

CQucAXQ.jpg

A few bits on the back have been removed. Just things like covers for piping and awnings though. The areas behind construction walls inside the park are properly set up for construction now, with signage and those orange plastic fences up in front of what is now semi-overgrown foliage. They also haven't drained the water feature out front recently so now there's a nice big pool of standing water in that area, which the mosquitoes are reportedly thrilled by.

The construction walls out front have the completed group paintings and some spray paint art from the current festival. Unless they leave that art up or repaint the walls, you'll see paint left over on the walls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom