News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Having n inversions and a slower pace doesn't immediately ruin the appeal.

If the building is 133 feet tall and the ride starts with a launch but has no inversions, we have to assume that the initial launch would take the ride to near the top of the building. Given similar launched coasters that start with a non-inverting top hat, it would be safe to assume that the launch speed would be in the ballpark of 60 mph (so, at least as fast as RnRC or Tron)... so speed will certainly not be "slow"...

EricsBiscuit

A few pages back people were arguing that it was a bad choice to add another thrill ride to that side of the park and now you're all up in arms because it's family friendly? Both HP rides over at Uni are family friendly but they're still some of my favourites in Orlando. Having n inversions and a slower pace doesn't immediately ruin the appeal. Can we wait until we actually have concrete details and know what to expect before we freak out?
CONCRETE evidence. Am I right?

DisneyDodo

If the building is 133 feet tall and the ride starts with a launch but has no inversions, we have to assume that the initial launch would take the ride to near the top of the building. Given similar launched coasters that start with a non-inverting top hat, it would be safe to assume that the launch speed would be in the ballpark of 60 mph (so, at least as fast as RnRC or Tron)... so speed will certainly not be "slow"...
Apparently the queue will feature ramps that bring guests up towards an elevated load platform, so the coaster won’t have to launch up the entire height of the building. I’m not quite sure just how elevated the platform will be, though

Cesar R M

E0Rnq2H.gif

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Gringotts is a decent ride. The abundance of screens brings what could be a brilliant ride to something just....decent. The ride system is a lot of fun and is impressive, but it was a victim of Uni’s #screenz plague.
To me Gringotts has the perfect blend of physical sets/screen and ride system. This one might be my wife and I's favorite ride in Orlando. This is the type of innovation I would like to see in WDW Parks. It does sound like Mickey and Minnie will be quite innovative so I am looking forward to that one.

matt9112

Gringotts is a decent ride. The abundance of screens brings what could be a brilliant ride to something just....decent. The ride system is a lot of fun and is impressive, but it was a victim of Uni’s #screenz plague.

you sure your not talking about an industry plague? going forward I fully expect ALL types of dark rides to be mostly screens period.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Feather and Martin said that NT didn’t get the queue description quite right, so i’m assuming that we will at least be getting animatronic figures in the Milano preshow (Rocket and Groot would be my guess).
Not right as in layout.

At least the coaster is being described as "lengthy." Which may become even moreso if there are stops involved (ala Gringotts.)
No stops after launch. I wouldn’t call it lengthy. BTM is lengthy for a coaster.

Haymarket2008

To me Gringotts has the perfect blend of physical sets/screen and ride system. This one might be my wife and I's favorite ride in Orlando. This is the type of innovation I would like to see in WDW Parks. It does sound like Mickey and Minnie will be quite innovative so I am looking forward to that one.

I would give that praise to Forbidden Journey. That is far, FAR preferable to me.

Frizzball

Funnily enough I found the screens to be markedly better integrated in Gringotts and the ride mechanics and narrative to be way more interesting than FJ. Overall for me Gringotts is the superior ride.

matt9112

Funnily enough I found the screens to be markedly better integrated in Gringotts and the ride mechanics and narrative to be way more interesting than FJ. Overall for me Gringotts is the superior ride.

it's a newer ride and yes it is more fluid but FJ is still superior in excitement and wow factor to me unless riding with your child is some kind of factor.

michmousefan

Not right as in layout.
No stops after launch. I wouldn’t call it lengthy. BTM is lengthy for a coaster.
Actually, I wouldn't consider BTM very lengthy... even for a Disney coaster (although the Paris version is longer, yes?). I suppose the lift hills pad out the time.

California Screamin' would be considered a fairly lengthy coaster, though.

lazyboy97o

Actually, I wouldn't consider BTM very lengthy... even for a Disney coaster (although the Paris version is longer, yes?). I suppose the lift hills pad out the time.

California Screamin' would be considered a fairly lengthy coaster, though.
In terms of track length, California Screamin’ is the 9th longest roller coaster in the world. With over 1 mile of track, it is definitely an outlier.

Lora Baines Bradley

I'll bite- what is it?
I think this has already been answered, but it's a character called GLaDOS from the Portal series. She's a malevolent supercomputer who puts you through a series of deadly tests in the name of Science. Very good series. I highly recommend it, although I doubt Disney would ever create an attraction based on the games because of the dark themes and humor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom