News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

NeedMoreMickey

The World Showcase kiosks for the festivals don't bother me. I don't see why anyone would let this ruin their time at the park.
The only reason they bother me is they take up valuable space around the lake to watch the fireworks. With so much of the show at water level the kiosks are in he way. I'd like to see them stay and have the show upgraded so everyone can see.

Lora Baines Bradley

I think we can all agree on an IP-based attraction that would work in Epcot...
portal-glados.jpg

trainplane3

portal-glados.jpg
That'd be one IP I wouldn't argue with. You could make a genuinely interesting, fun story out of it with a bunch of dark humor without getting cringey. Though, that would require Valve giving up some of their rights to let someone actually do something with it. So we'll just let it rot in a corner with Half Life too. Sadly.

Lora Baines Bradley

That'd be one IP I wouldn't argue with. You could make a genuinely interesting, fun story out of it with a bunch of dark humor without getting cringey. Though, that would require Valve giving up some of their rights to let someone actually do something with it. So we'll just let it rot in a corner with Half Life too. Sadly.
And honestly, you could have some major edutainment. Certainly more of an opportunity with the Portal franchise than Guardians.

And can you imagine a GLaDOS animatronic?? It could be amazing. Unfortunately, I think the storyline's too dark for Disney to even consider it. I haven't been to Universal since 2007 but I hear they're doing some great things over there so...*nudge nudge* get on this.

Daveeeeed

portal-glados.jpg
It absolutely would make a stunning attraction. Disney licensing Portal or buying a video game company like Valve needs to happen. It's an area that is so underrated. Video game franchises can rack up a billion+ in sales in 1 day. After all, Disney is about synergy, right?

I just made a thread in the video game forum:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-must-by-a-video-game-company.936221/

Cesar R M

From the article:

But one has to wonder if the hatred for forcing Frozen into the Coco experience may backfire just a bit for Frozen.

(But one only has to spend time around 6-year-old girls to know the answer: Probably not.)

Yeah, they complained in Mexico, but, as far as your claim of "universal" hate goes...

Not so universal.
hu.. those are not reviews by the public.. They are PR style reviews by the sites themselves.

Cesar R M

Have you looked at the list? They are the exceptions, not the rule. Not to mention both examples you are giving are based on literary properties. You know ALW didn't invent the Phantom story, right? And Cats is actually based on a book, as well, though much less known.
And the Lion King was based on Hamlet and taken almost bis per bis from a Japanese cartoon. Beauty and the Beast was taken from a French history... So... Your point?

As for the list. The list only counts the ticket sales directly from Broadway right? Not the worldwide? The numbers are impressive in the top 10.

Also, wow!. Did not know that Wicked was THAT popular.

AEfx

And the Lion King was based on Hamlet and taken almost bis per bis from a Japanese cartoon. Beauty and the Beast was taken from a French history... So... Your point?

That wholly original properties don't sell well very often, or not nearly as well as known ones.

There is also a difference between the Lion King being inspired by Hamlet and, say, Phantom - which is the exact same story with songs added.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom