News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

FigmentForver96

Not always.

You used to spend a respectable amount of money when you needed to eat inbetween attractions. The food was secondary to the attractions.

Now they want the clutter of the promenade to be an attraction. And charge you extra for it.
Call me old fashion, but I actually like just walking around each country, soaking in the sights and sounds, tasting the food and learning. I don't need to be ran through a ride, or soar over the landmarks, or even take a ride down a river. Shocking I know coming from a young person but I think that's what made World Showcase different. A few rides here and there but the lands were the attractions. Besides, the original idea was spending all day in Future World followed by an evening in world showcase.

sedati

Call me old fashion, but I actually like just walking around each country, soaking in the sights and sounds, tasting the food and learning. I don't need to be ran through a ride, or soar over the landmarks, or even take a ride down a river. Shocking I know coming from a young person but I think that's what made World Showcase different. A few rides here and there but the lands were the attractions. Besides, the original idea was spending all day in Future World followed by an evening in world showcase.
Was that really the original idea? Didn't all of World Showcase open concurrent with Future World back when it was called Epcot Center and before there was even an International Gateway?

And maybe my view is skewed from living in a big(ish) city, but a lot of what you enjoy about World Showcase can be done in many places that don't have a steep admission fee. What I can't do here is be run through a ride, soar over the landmarks, or take a ride down a river. A child may have fun and actually learn a bit at the various kidcot stations, but I'd be pretty cheesed if that's all my hundred dollars got us for the day. I'm not knocking the concept of World Showcase- it helped shape an interest in architecture and travel for me at a young age. It is different and certainly rounds-out a vacation, but I do debate its value when taken at its own merit

Kman101

You can't still do that? What's truly changed? (besides lackluster things to do in Future World). Kiosks ruin it? Why let it?

Pixieish

As the parent of 2 active boys, I don't mind that there aren't attractions in every country at WS, but Agent P's adventure is the best thing ever! It gives the boys something to do so me and hubby don't have to hurry or skip countries. An attraction in each country wouldn't be horrible, but they don't need to be ones that will require a FP. As pretty as FEA is, I think putting an enormously popular attraction in WS was a mistake, and I hope they don't keep doing that. (I know they're doing a Coco overlay, and I'm praying it doesn't end up the nightmare that is FEA.)

mikejs78

Premium Member
Was that really the original idea? Didn't all of World Showcase open concurrent with Future World back when it was called Epcot Center and before there was even an International Gateway?

And maybe my view is skewed from living in a big(ish) city, but a lot of what you enjoy about World Showcase can be done in many places that don't have a steep admission fee. What I can't do here is be run through a ride, soar over the landmarks, or take a ride down a river. A child may have fun and actually learn a bit at the various kidcot stations, but I'd be pretty cheesed if that's all my hundred dollars got us for the day. I'm not knocking the concept of World Showcase- it helped shape an interest in architecture and travel for me at a young age. It is different and certainly rounds-out a vacation, but I do debate its value when taken at its own merit

To each there own then.. I live in the suburbs of a major city (and work there) too. Yet World Showcase is one of my favorite parts of Disney World. Next to walking on to Main Street and seeing Cinderella's castle, nothing makes me feel more in the bubble than World Showcase, especially at night.

Kman101

Because others have differing opinions of them?

I don’t believe anyone said they ruin their time at the park.

It was a question. No need to be defensive Martin (especially because it wasn't directed towards you). I'm fully aware others have different opinions ;) nothing wrong with asking why someone feels how they do, is it?

And my impression was that it wasn't the same experience for them as before so I wanted to know why. I didn't know that was wrong? And I took the posts to mean it did ruin the experience for them. And clearly for you. And that's fine. You don't like the festivals or kiosks. They don't bother me. But it is interesting you mentioned "because others have different opinions" ... that's right, we all have different opinions on things.

mikejs78

Premium Member
It was a question. No need to be defensive Martin (especially because it wasn't directed towards you). I'm fully aware others have different opinions ;) nothing wrong with asking why someone feels how they do, is it?

And my impression was that it wasn't the same experience for them as before so I wanted to know why. I didn't know that was wrong? And I took the posts to mean it did ruin the experience for them. And clearly for you. And that's fine. You don't like the festivals or kiosks. They don't bother me. But it is interesting you mentioned "because others have different opinions" ... that's right, we all have different opinions on things.

And to add a third opinion to the mix, I really like the festival kiosks. Goes to the original vision of World Showcase as a permanent World's Faire festival of nations. But to each their own.

Bocabear

Of course they wouldn't ruin your time at the park, and having some quick options is always nice, but it could be argued that they litter up the promenade and junk up the original sightlines in the park...they also steer people from actually exploring the pavilions in search of a snack and keep them out on the promenade... I would love it if the Kiosks were actualy within the Pavilions...making people get off the main drag and explore a bit more...Especially in the area between Canada and the UK where it is always a crowded mess...
But the Kiosks do not really hurt the overall experince by any means...an inelegant solution? Yes.

Kman101

And to add a third opinion to the mix, I really like the festival kiosks. Goes to the original vision of World Showcase as a permanent World's Faire festival of nations. But to each their own.

That's how I feel. But I don't begrudge anyone not liking them, I was simply questioning why it was bothersome when some things about the World Showcase hasn't changed. You can still explore the pavilions and shop and dine. Nothing's changed really in that regard. I didn't know it was wrong to wonder why it bothered someone and not sure why it was focused on that I took it to mean the experience was "ruined". I guess someone doesn't like me?

But we're all different, I'm not trying to attack anyone for their opinion but that's how I was just made to feel and clearly Martin took my post a certain way. Not sure why.

jmuboy

The seasonal festivals at Epcot are fun. I enjoy them. Doesn’t make up for the poor state of Future World or misplaced IP based attractions not inline with the theme of the park.

Kman101

Of course they wouldn't ruin your time at the park, and having some quick options is always nice, but it could be argued that they litter up the promenade and junk up the original sightlines in the park...they also steer people from actually exploring the pavilions in search of a snack and keep them out on the promenade... I would love it if the Kiosks were actualy within the Pavilions...making people get off the main drag and explore a bit more...Especially in the area between Canada and the UK where it is always a crowded mess...
But the Kiosks do not really hurt the overall experince by any means...an inelegant solution? Yes.

I guess I can see it being seen as "clutter". I think they've started going a tad overboard with them, but they truly don't bother me. I agree with you, I'd like something different done with the kiosks, something like the new Tequila bar at Mexico, off to the side with a little area, but where they are now doesn't bother me. I guess if I went at busier times I'd hate it. YMMV on this I suppose.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I guess I can see it being seen as "clutter". I think they've started going a tad overboard with them, but they truly don't bother me. I agree with you, I'd like something different done with the kiosks, something like the new Tequila bar at Mexico, off to the side with a little area, but where they are now doesn't bother me. I guess if I went at busier times I'd hate it. YMMV on this I suppose.
They’re ugly, they spoil the asthetic of Showcase, they remove some good RoE viewing angles, there’s too many of them, they affect the originally designed traffic flow, they remove any hope of a future parade.

Given the real choices for food and beverages in Showcase already they’re also not needed.

And they’re connected to Food and Whine which we despise but that’s a separate argument unconnected to the physicalitys of the structures.

That’s why some are affected by them.

However we’re widely off topic now.

Last edited:

Kman101

They’re ugly, they spoil the asthetic of Showcase, they remove some good RoE viewing angles, there’s too many of them, they affect the originally designed traffic flow, they remove any hope of a future parade.

And they’re connected to Food and Whine which we despise but that’s a separate argument. However we’re widely off topic now.

Yes we are way off topic lol. I had to do a double take realizing this was the Guardians thread (talk about out of place ...)

I can understand that. I can't say I disagree with how you see it. I guess when I'm there it doesn't bother me much.

I've also said the festivals are obviously propping up the park and have for about two decades now so I get the dislike of them from that point of view. I don't like they use them to prop the park up but I don't mind the park having festivals. But it's a whole debate. I have my likes and dislikes about the festivals.

Anywho ... so about that Guardians ride that's coming to the wrong park ...

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Given the real choices for food and beverages in Showcase already they’re also not needed.

And they’re connected to Food and Whine which we despise but that’s a separate argument unconnected to the physicalitys of the structures.

That’s why some are affected by them.

However we’re widely off topic now.
Only until they crank up the apparently inevitable Guardians of the Festival Festival.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom