News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

SoFloMagic

It's definitely not universally loved -- at least not as an all-time great attraction. There are a lot of people who have said they enjoyed it but didn't think it was special.
OK, I feel better then. Most of what I saw on here was super positive. This seemed right up my alley so I was wondering why I didn't love it if everyone else did

mergatroid

For sure, but this ride seems universally loved and I really want to enjoy it.

For me, Incredicoaster is a better launch, space has a better dark coaster, and crush is a better spinning coaster. Although, all of these use momentum. CR only seems to move freely at the end.
A lot love it yes. But look at the Harry Potter films etc, I just don't 'get' the 'thing' about them? So many love them so I accept they're great movies, just not for me.

LSLS

It's definitely not universally loved -- at least not as an all-time great attraction. There are a lot of people who have said they enjoyed it but didn't think it was special.
Yeah, I really enjoyed it (though like I said, no idea on the story), but it's not all time to me. Fun thrills, and it's cool spinning into the drops and turns with music playing. It's innovative and fun, but it's not something I would call iconic (at least I wouldn't after one ride).

UNCgolf

A lot love it yes. But look at the Harry Potter films etc, I just don't 'get' the 'thing' about them? So many love them so I accept they're great movies, just not for me.

I enjoy Harry Potter, but I think some of the movies are actually bad films. I'm not sure I'd call any of them great, but the 5th and 6th films especially are bad movies that almost require a viewer to have read the books to fill in the gaps. They don't really work as movies on their own.

Last edited:

DisneyfanMA

I was excited to try this when I go soon with kids (6, 7, 9) but now I'm worried about getting dizzy and nauseous. People still complaining about that? I get more dizzy from rapidly spinning rides or riding in the back of a car at my age now (42) then I did as a kid! I won't ride the teacups anymore (kids did love them). Good idea to just skip it?

bhg469

I was excited to try this when I go soon with kids (6, 7, 9) but now I'm worried about getting dizzy and nauseous. People still complaining about that? I get more dizzy from rapidly spinning rides or riding in the back of a car at my age now (42) then I did as a kid! I won't ride the teacups anymore (kids did love them). Good idea to just skip it?
The "spinning" is not really a free spinning car. I would call it a re-directing of your view to see what they want you to see as the ride moves along.. If you can, see if the CM will sit you in the front, I hear that is a trick that people use to minimize the motion sickness.

DisneyfanMA

The "spinning" is not really a free spinning car. I would call it a re-directing of your view to see what they want you to see as the ride moves along.. If you can, see if the CM will sit you in the front, I hear that is a trick that people use to minimize the motion sickness.

All 5 of us plan to take dramamine before we get to each park for the day as well.

gerarar

Premium Member
Just rode this after it being down half the day.

It’s fantastic! Space Mountain on steroids with an amazing Marvel overlay. Worth the $14 bucks.

My son declared it the best ride on property, me personally I think Rise of the Resistance is the better experience.
Glad y'all enjoyed! The VQ today was only open for 10 secs and 10 mins respectively. Seems like a busy day today at Epcot and was down for around an hour, so an ILL wasn't a bad idea.

Last edited:

mergatroid

Just rode this after it being down half the day.

It’s fantastic! Space Mountain on steroids with an amazing Marvel overlay. Worth the $14 bucks.

My son declared it the best ride on property, me personally I think Rise of the Resistance is the better experience.
I take it you didn't break anyone's nose on this visit then? ;)

MickeyLuv'r

Just back, and we loved this new ride. I think it is WDW's best new ride in a long time!

Thanks to the Atomic Clock App, we had no trouble getting a BG. Also, this tends to be a slightly slower time of year. (one phone would run Atmoric Clock w/the beep, and the other we'd use to get the BG.)

I think perhaps a key part of enjoying the attraction is to try to relax, and just groove with the music. To me, it really feels like the ride movement is sorta like swaying to the music. Once I saw the ride in that light, it was even more fun. On our last run, we all really got into the music and that was fun. The queue videos are also well done. It is worth seeing the queue.

The gift shop items are pricey, but it was fun to see some unique Marvel stuff there.

The biggest downside though is the near stampede after the last preshow! That was a little scary the way people absolutely charged as soon as the doors opened.

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

So I've been on this three times and I don't get it. I feel like it's a good ride, but I just don't like it. What am I missing?

For me it feels like a roller coaster with no coasting, a terrifying omnimover gone wild. It's like space mountain plus screens but minus inertia.

I want to love this ride. What am I missing?
To me, it really helped to get into the music. Then the movement felt more like moving to the music. It also helped that we got a better song- September.

I love this ride has multiple versions! More WDW attractions need that kind of variety.

mergatroid

I enjoy Harry Potter, but I think some of the movies are actually bad films. I'm not sure I'd call any of them great, but the 5th and 6th films especially are bad movies that almost require a viewer to have read the books to fill in the gaps. They don't really work as movies on their own.
Watched the first in it's entirety and didn't enjoy it, quit the second half way through. The others I've caught 10 - 15 mins of when surfing and just felt the same as the others so gave up on them. I will admit though that the Potter franchise is hugely successful and as such means the whole thing (books, films and merchandise etc) is very popular so it's very likely me that doesn't 'get it'. Couldn't comment on the 5th and 6th movie as haven't seem them. I'll take your word that they make little sense unless you've read the books, though I'd guess the majority of fans read the books before seeing the films also at a guess?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom