News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Touchdown

UNCGolf, that’s funny I think the 5th is my favorite movie. That is by far the worst book of the series for me, so seeing it paired down I thought was great. I agree the 6th book is bad it took our way too much, that’s the book when you really learn about Voldemorts backstory. The movie only tells you about his childhood, it skips over his parents and his 20s. Every horricrux item but the diary (and the one he didn’t intend) had a very good reason for it being chosen that the movies didn’t explain.

UNCgolf

UNCGolf, that’s funny I think the 5th is my favorite movie. That is by far the worst book of the series for me, so seeing it paired down I thought was great. I agree the 6th book is bad it took our way too much, that’s the book when you really learn about Voldemorts backstory. The movie only tells you about his childhood, it skips over his parents and his 20s. Every horricrux item but the diary (and the one he didn’t intend) had a very good reason for it being chosen that the movies didn’t explain.

Obviously I think both are bad -- although I agree that the 6th is probably worse -- but if you haven't read the books, the 5th movie barely makes sense. I watched it with someone who had only seen the movies and they had like 50 questions about what was happening. It jumps from scene to scene without any of the necessary connecting material.

It also creates an absolutely massive plot hole that didn't exist in the books (blowing up a wall to break into the Room of Requirement), but the books already have plenty of plot holes so that's not as important.

I think Prisoner of Azkaban is the best movie by far. Goblet of Fire is probably the second best movie -- it's wildly different than the book and cuts out huge swathes of material, but just as a movie it works very well.

Touchdown

Obviously I think both are bad -- although I agree that the 6th is probably worse -- but if you haven't read the books, the 5th movie barely makes sense. I watched it with someone who had only seen the movies and they had like 50 questions about what was happening. It jumps from scene to scene without any of the necessary connecting material.

It also creates an absolutely massive plot hole that didn't exist in the books (blowing up a wall to break into the Room of Requirement), but the books already have plenty of plot holes so that's not as important.

I think Prisoner of Azkaban is the best movie by far. Goblet of Fire is probably the second best movie -- it's wildly different than the book and cuts out huge swathes of material, but just as a movie it works very well.
GoF is probably my second favorite film (and book for that matter) I don’t like the third film. The third book is my favorite in the series, and it’s short enough they didn’t need to cut much. The movie never tells you who the Mauraders are, changes how Patronus attack and makes their animal form not essential, and makes the three broomsticks adult only on a Hogwarts Hogsmeade day (there are only once a month.). I like the book too much, I recognize and appreciate the artistry of the film and its structure it’s just not what I wanted.

correcaminos

So I've been on this three times and I don't get it. I feel like it's a good ride, but I just don't like it. What am I missing?

For me it feels like a roller coaster with no coasting, a terrifying omnimover gone wild. It's like space mountain plus screens but minus inertia.

I want to love this ride. What am I missing?
So I like the ride a lot but it isn't my top ride at all. I love the wind in my face and I appreciate the ride isn't 90 seconds only.

It's not top dog to me. We rode 4x because we could however it isn't a must do for me.

bhg469

It's definitely not universally loved -- at least not as an all-time great attraction. There are a lot of people who have said they enjoyed it but didn't think it was special.
It is most definitely the best ride at Epcot. however the more we ride it the more it becomes evident that it is just a very smooth coaster with some fun music... When it comes to WDW rides it's great. Compared to the other parks offerings? Hagrids is much much better, Mummy is still better, and gringots is on par..

UNCgolf

It is most definitely the best ride at Epcot. however the more we ride it the more it becomes evident that it is just a very smooth coaster with some fun music... When it comes to WDW rides it's great. Compared to the other parks offerings? Hagrids is much much better, Mummy is still better, and gringots is on par..

It's not even half as good as Spaceship Earth to me (and it wouldn't be a top 5 attraction at 1991 EPCOT), but obviously that's a subjective opinion.

DonniePeverley

Okay so rode this on Monday.

What a crushing dissapointment.

First the positives - it's a smooth coaster, very smooth.

But it's just so unbelievably underwhelming. I was hoping Disney would push the boat with this project, but nope nothing. The show building is pretty average with a large prop outside (and a huge building that spoils Epcot scenery from the countries), nothing else around it. The queue was okay. The presenter of American idol does this thing, and you get a brief talk from the stars of the movie about some mission (yawn).

The ride just doesn't work on the level i assume it was intended. You never at any point feel like you are in space, which is what they were going for. The screens don't blend in with the dark walls, the lights from them then showcase the track taking you out of the experience.

There is practically no storyline, nothing groundbreaking here. Just a mad dash spinny, with some flashing lights (sort of) and that's it. It's just an updated version of Crush's coaster in Paris, and i hated that ride with a passion.

We all came off it underwhelmed.

This is just a Six Flags coaster with a bigger budget, and a fancy name.

I am also beginning to doubt the youtubers who get all emotional over these new Disney attractions. There is no way this attractions gets anyone emotional.

Hawg G

Okay so rode this on Monday.

What a crushing dissapointment.

First the positives - it's a smooth coaster, very smooth.

But it's just so unbelievably underwhelming. I was hoping Disney would push the boat with this project, but nope nothing. The show building is pretty average with a large prop outside (and a huge building that spoils Epcot scenery from the countries), nothing else around it. The queue was okay. The presenter of American idol does this thing, and you get a brief talk from the stars of the movie about some mission (yawn).

The ride just doesn't work on the level i assume it was intended. You never at any point feel like you are in space, which is what they were going for. The screens don't blend in with the dark walls, the lights from them then showcase the track taking you out of the experience.

There is practically no storyline, nothing groundbreaking here. Just a mad dash spinny, with some flashing lights (sort of) and that's it. It's just an updated version of Crush's coaster in Paris, and i hated that ride with a passion.

We all came off it underwhelmed.

This is just a Six Flags coaster with a bigger budget, and a fancy name.

I am also beginning to doubt the youtubers who get all emotional over these new Disney attractions. There is no way this attractions gets anyone emotional.
They are Diznoids. They get emotional for hopes of future media day invites. They have little integrity.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

They are Diznoids. They get emotional for hopes of future media day invites. They have little integrity.

If you don't like their content:
1. Don't watch.​
2. Let them know in their comment section.​

This isn't a forum to argue with people who don't post here.

Also...

Diznoids.
🙄

mysto

They get more likes if they react in an exaggerated way. Outrage doesn't really work here so the reaction is 'yay'.

Whenever I start youtube without logging in their "suggestions for you" are always a couple of young people, one male one female, showing dramatic overreactions to some dull thing. This tells me that the average person clicks on this....

I think you can right click on it and select "don't suggest this", but when I'm not logged in I get the least common denominator.

Casper Gutman

It's not even half as good as Spaceship Earth to me (and it wouldn't be a top 5 attraction at 1991 EPCOT), but obviously that's a subjective opinion.
Yeah, Spaceship still tops it by a lot. At 1991 EPCOT, I could see an argument that it slots in right at 5 (I'd probably put it at 7, giving the edge to Kitchen and Cranium , but that's not a view I'd expect many other folks to share). Today it's certainly in the running for 2nd, but I'd say TT and Soarin' can make a solid competing claim.

UNCgolf

Yeah, Spaceship still tops it by a lot. At 1991 EPCOT, I could see an argument that it slots in right at 5 (I'd probably put it at 7, giving the edge to Kitchen and Cranium , but that's not a view I'd expect many other folks to share). Today it's certainly in the running for 2nd, but I'd say TT and Soarin' can make a solid competing claim.

To be fair, I'm counting the whole Living Seas pavilion as an attraction, because the SeaCabs were really an integral part of that whole experience as opposed to being a separate standalone attraction. But I'd put the original Universe of Energy over it too.

DonniePeverley

Fully agree. Galaxy ride is probably not even in the top 5 best attractions in Epcot, and that says something when it only has a handful of attractions.

Disney getting a six flags coaster, dash of paint, expensive screens, and a fancy title - never thought i'd see the day.

I'm dubious over the cost of this attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom