Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tay

I really didn't get and still don't get the negative criticism from Frozen in Norway but this is really weird. I didn't even know GOTG was so popular. Tomorrowland would be a better fit. MK needs another E Ticket in each land badly, especially in Tomorrowland.

They've neglected the parks for so long, and now shareholders are calling for them to invest more in the parks when they have but way overspent and had to cut a lot. Now more people are spending time in ridiculous lines instead of spending money and they're just adding what they want wherever they can instead of thinking out a cohesive plan.

I will give them a slight pass. For one Epcot was meant for companies to sponsor rides. Disney over spends way to much on rides, cut way to much out of the finish product, and takes forever to build a ride. In this economy I don't think it's a great investment for a company unless they're huge Disney fans.

I remember hearing about teleporting and flying cars, now if it isn't technology that involves devices , the economy or medicine what scientific plans do we hear about the future?

jensenrick

I'll say it again... A reboot of Epcot is fine... But just reboot the damn thing and get on with it.

The fact the park has ran for 20+ years with that festering corpse in the middle of future world is reason enough.

The good news as I see it is Disney has given up it seems on the old model of 'we do nothing until we find a sponsor to pay for it all'. They've finally put their big boy pants on - now they need to execute on a grand plan... Not just sprinkling stuff around to make it seem like there is life.

Reboot DHS... Reboot EPCOT

Git'r done!

Amen to all of this! :happy:

odmichael

"Turn them into... Meet and Greets!"

*finger-clacking*
5ff94756-764f-4011-8bb9-dbd81f664bb9_text.gif

Captain Neo

Please, a high profile man like Bob Iger doesn't care what's ethical or not. Like every man or woman in his position, he'll say any and everything to please the willies of those he sucks up too.

Oh my word. Do you even realize what your saying? Jeffrey Katzenberg was placed under SEC Investigation by shareholders just for overhyping Shrek home video sales but you think Bob Iger can categorically lie to shareholders faces on record about contracts involving important intellectual property?

I recommend you get out of the internet sensationalism bubble and get some exposure in the real world. It worked wonders for me.

brb1006

The op was from England so I didn't bother with the full name of a museum he probably didn't know. I am personally a huge fan of the FI. No one has topped the experience of walking through a human heart. :)
I used to be creeped out by the huge heart when we visited the place during Elementary School. But as years went by I got pretty fascinated with it.

JustInTime

You know when EPCOT was cool? When solar panels powered the UoE ride..back when solar panels were not mainstream sources of energy. When you took an escalator in one of the Communicore buildings and they showed you how computers controlled everything in the parks...long before most families had 3-5 computers in their homes and 9 year olds walked around with smart phones in their pockets. At this point, I think it is darn near impossible for Disney to stay ahead of technology in future world. By time they finished an attraction it could very well be obsolete...which I believe has been EPCOT's problem all along. I am just happy they are not wedging an Apple store in next to Starbucks. My favorite part of future world? The fiber optic walkways, as long as they keep those I am happy.
Brilliant post. My thoughts exactly.

ToTBellHop

Oh my word. Do you even realize what your saying? Jeffrey Katzenberg was placed under SEC Investigation by shareholders just for overhyping Shrek home video sales but you think Bob Iger can categorically lie to shareholders faces on record about contracts involving important intellectual property?

I recommend you get out of the internet sensationalism bubble and get some exposure in the real world. It worked wonders for me.
Well they have already showcased the GotG characters in WDW twice, so that ship has sailed.

I'm done though. Don't care if anyone believes me or not. Time will tell on what gets built. Certainly somewhere with Groot plush (or do they already have that at Disney Springs?).

brb1006

I take the accusations that Walt was an anti-Semite seriously, because anti-Semitism is an ugly thing.

I didn't say what I said to antagonize you. But we've got a generation of kids now who believe Walt was an anti-Semite, because of those jokes. I hope you weren't serious, but even if you were, well, now you know. He wasn't an anti-Semite. I enjoy reading your posts 99.9% of the time. But I just couldn't let that go by. Let's not derail the thread over this, though. Peace out.
I really hate that now the next generation are actually beveling Walt was anti-Semite. I encountered a few who still believe that urban legend a few years ago during High School. I been respecting Walt and the company for a very long time now. These days most people use that when they are speaking against Disney and Walt or who hate Disney in general. Doesn't help with the rise of social media.

Last edited:

jensenrick

With all the new happenings, these lyrics become ever more true to the situation;

With the stillness of the night
there comes a time to understand
to reach out and touch tomorrow
take the future in our hand

We can see a new horizon
built on all that we have done
and our dreams begin another
thousand circles 'round the sun

We go on
to the joy and through the tears
We go on
to discover new frontiers
Moving on
with the current of the years
We go on
moving forward, now as one
Moving on
with a spirit born to run
Ever on
with each rising sun

To a new day
We go on

We go on

What song is this?

Captain Neo

Well they have already showcased the GotG characters in WDW twice, so that ship has sailed.

I'm done though. Don't care if anyone believes me or not. Time will tell on what gets built. Certainly somewhere with Groot plush (or do they already have that at Disney Springs?).

Just out of curiosity where were the GOTG characters showcased at WDW previously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom