Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lad

Well if you had the good fortune to visit Epcot in the mid 90's then one would have the opinion that most of future world is shuttered in its current state.

So seriously... Innoventions is shuttered... Life Pavilion shuttered... Mission Space under refurb... Loss of sponsor on Spaceship Earth... Energy potentially gone... and a half arsed Imagination... things aren't very impressive.

Oh and I did. Future World is like a former marathon runner that had both of its legs cut off.

For me it's all about Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Soarin', and Living with the Land. Solid line up of attractions and all must dos for me.

Nemo is okay but nothing special, I flat out don't like Space, Imagination is alright for taking a breather (and is funner depending on if I've had a few to drink at Showcase beforehand) but is an objectively bad attraction and there have been times I've forgotten Energy even exists. Innoventions turned into a joke and there are much better uses for that space and the fact that an entire pavilion in Wonders of Life sits there unused except for festivals/special events is ridiculous.

The biggest thing with the loss of Energy at this point is the effect it might have on lines for other rides. Not that it's extremely popular but it can eat up a lot of people and even if only a small amount of people rode per day, those are still people that will end up elsewhere now. It also just shines more of a light on the fact that Future World is almost like the ghetto of WDW overall feeling dated and with a dwindling list of things to do. Thank goodness for Showcase.

It appears there is a good chance I have ridden Energy for the final time as I won't be returning until November of this year. With all of the changes and construction coming resort wide this will probably be my final trip to WDW until after 2021. I will go to Disneyland or one of the foreign parks in the meantime to get my Disney fix if I need it. Although a lot has already changed, I feel like there are still remnants of classic WDW but I am almost treating this trip as a farewell of sorts because I feel like WDW is going to be a very different place when I do return.

jt04

Speaking of The Land Pavilion, now there is a place I could accept Zootopia completely taking over. :cat:

BenJacobs

Speaking of The Land Pavilion, now there is a place I could accept Zootopia completely taking over. :cat:

I think Zootopia could only work in Hollywood Studios, for obvious reasons.

Zootopia couldn't really fit anywhere in Epcot or Animal Kingdom(land or attractions), a Zootopia ride could possibly fit in Magic Kingdom, and if they must make a land, put it in Hollywood Studios(though there are much better ideas for IP based lands in HS, such as Cars Land or Marvel Land.

Kman101

Oh and I did. Future World is like a former marathon runner that had both of its legs cut off.

For me it's all about Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Soarin', and Living with the Land. Solid line up of attractions and all must dos for me.

Nemo is okay but nothing special, I flat out don't like Space, Imagination is alright for taking a breather (and is funner depending on if I've had a few to drink at Showcase beforehand) but is an objectively bad attraction and there have been times I've forgotten Energy even exists. Innoventions turned into a joke and there are much better uses for that space and the fact that an entire pavilion in Wonders of Life sits there unused except for festivals/special events is ridiculous.

The biggest thing with the loss of Energy at this point is the effect it might have on lines for other rides. Not that it's extremely popular but it can eat up a lot of people and even if only a small amount of people rode per day, those are still people that will end up elsewhere now. It also just shines more of a light on the fact that Future World is almost like the ghetto of WDW overall feeling dated and with a dwindling list of things to do. Thank goodness for Showcase.

Pretty much exactly my thoughts. SSE, Living with the Land, Soarin and Test Track. I sometimes do either Soarin' or Test Track, not always both. Energy I've ignored for a very long time, as much as I used to ignore Figment and Nemo.

Space does nothing for me. Nemo could have been done a LOT better but it's "ok" and I like when it is walk-on and I can sit in air conditioning for a few minutes. I hadn't done Imagination for quite a few years and did it again this year and just couldn't help but feel so angry and miserable riding it. It's just bad.

BenJacobs

Pretty much exactly my thoughts. SSE, Living with the Land, Soarin and Test Track. I sometimes do either Soarin' or Test Track, not always both. Energy I've ignored for a very long time, as much as I used to ignore Figment and Nemo.

Space does nothing for me. Nemo could have been done a LOT better but it's "ok" and I like when it is walk-on and I can sit in air conditioning for a few minutes. I hadn't done Imagination for quite a few years and did it again this year and just couldn't help but feel so angry and miserable riding it. It's just bad.

At Epcot, I go for Test Track, Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Living With The Land, and to a lesser extent, Nemo and Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Cabelleros. I go on Test Track loads on the single rider line(which hardly ever surpasses the 20 minute mark), Spaceship Earth and LWTL are both amazing as well(go on whenever queues are less than 20 minutes), Soarin' I will go on once during the day with a fastpass, I'll go on Nemo when queues ae less than 20 minutes(but really you go for the aquarium behind, which is very good!), and the Gran Fiesta Tour whenver I'm walking past. And then when it's busy I'll go round the World Showcase.

Kman101

At Epcot, I go for Test Track, Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Living With The Land, and to a lesser extent, Nemo and Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Cabelleros. I go on Test Track loads on the single rider line(which hardly ever surpasses the 20 minute mark), Spaceship Earth and LWTL are both amazing as well(go on whenever queues are less than 20 minutes), Soarin' I will go on once during the day with a fastpass, I'll go on Nemo when queues ae less than 20 minutes(but really you go for the aquarium behind, which is very good!), and the Gran Fiesta Tour whenver I'm walking past. And then when it's busy I'll go round the World Showcase.

I do Gran Fiesta too it's been walk on for me the last few times (for a while I didn't and wasn't spending much time at Epcot) I was more or less just talking about FW. I've done Frozen three times (two with a FP) but I've had my fill.

BenJacobs

I do Gran Fiesta too it's been walk on for me the last few times (for a while I didn't and wasn't spending much time at Epcot) I was more or less just talking about FW. I've done Frozen three times (two with a FP) but I've had my fill.

Frozen is a lot more for children than other Disney films, so it's ridiculously busy as every younger child wants to ride(and is accompanied by their family of course) and it has a very low capacity. I went on one time with fastpass, it was terrible compared to Maelstrom, the drop was also very random, there was no reason for a drop in the storyline, and it was just random snippets of songs and screens - so I just won't go on again...

Kman101

Frozen is a lot more for children than other Disney films, so it's ridiculously busy as every younger child wants to ride(and is accompanied by their family of course) and it has a very low capacity. I went on one time with fastpass, it was terrible compared to Maelstrom, the drop was also very random, there was no reason for a drop in the storyline, and it was just random snippets of songs and screens - so I just won't go on again...

Yeah I can't see myself bothering with it again unless it ever becomes near walk on and I need something to do. And for a ride called Frozen they could up the AC ... I did it once because it was new and two more times other visits because I was able to snag those hard to get FPs and why not use them. The ride isn't the worst ever but it could have been far better than what it turned out to be. I'm curious what guest feedback on it has been

BenJacobs

Yeah I can't see myself bothering with it again unless it ever becomes near walk on and I need something to do. And for a ride called Frozen they could up the AC ... I did it once because it was new and two more times other visits because I was able to snag those hard to get FPs and why not use them. The ride isn't the worst ever but it could have been far better than what it turned out to be. I'm curious what guest feedback on it has been

Well, my experience might have been a little better if the woman in the front row wasn't breastfeeding her young child.

Rototom

I certainly would.

It's missed two close dates already. But if it's important to you I'd make sure to do it soon. Just in case.

Surprisingly, Energy is my 14yr old daughter's favorite ride. We're there from Aug 16-23. Do we have a shot to ride it one more time? Praying!

trainplane3

It'd be really nice to see them have the final day of UoE be Epcots anniversary. Maybe even put the original films back in for the final day. Sure it won't have the awesome mirrored walls and rotating screens (that I never got to experience), but it'd be a nice "we know you fans loved it, here it is one last time". Disney knows Epcot fans have nostalgia for the old Epcot, what better press than to do that?

Daveeeeed

WoM vs. Test Track is complicated for me. I never rode WoM but from what I have seen, It looks great and was probably pretty cool in person. Test Track was less than a year old when I first visited. At the time I liked it and it didn't really feel out of place to me. but by the time of my fourth trip in 2008. It started to reek of the 1990s. TT 2.0 is without a doubt an improvement over the original. but if there was a way to keep WoM AND have Test Track that would have been great. Same with Space and Horizons.
I think Teat Track, and Soarin' were good replacements, but Mission: Space was the very poor one. And then the other replacements like Ellen's etc. they have left them to stagnate so they become so outdated they are not that enjoyable anymore.

HMF

Surprisingly, Energy is my 14yr old daughter's favorite ride. We're there from Aug 16-23. Do we have a shot to ride it one more time? Praying!
That is surprising considering she was not even alive when the fashion and popculture references in the attraction were prevelent and especially considering how much more we have learned about Energy in the last 20 years.

doctornick

I think Teat Track, and Soarin' were good replacements, but Mission: Space was the very poor one. And then the other replacements like Ellen's etc. they have left them to stagnate so they become so outdated they are not that enjoyable anymore.

IMHO, at least M:S was lofty and inspired. It has ended up not being as effective as originally hoped -- and losing the rest of a larger Space pavilion hurt considerably -- but there was at least an attempt to really fit in with the inspiration of classic Epcot.

Imagination is the pavilion where Disney gets the huge fail in my book. They took a ride that was pretty much a classic and timeless and destroyed it with something that is basically terrible and has few supporters.

I would have loved to have seen WoM kept and had Test Track added as a secondary attraction. In fact, I think a "design your own car" element from TT 2.0 even with a briefer ride would have been a perfect compliment to WoM's history of transportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom