Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haymarket2008

Merchandise? Capitalizing on a brand they continue to expand via movies, video games, etc.

.. and being relatable to people. No joke, on our last trip we overheard a family recalling their day at dinner and the eldest daughter said, "I didn't like EPCOT. I just graduated college, so I' done learn'n."

:banghead:

That's one quote in one instant in time, but it makes me wonder if the public's preference prefers it to be more entertainment than edutainment - and that's sad.

If I heard someone say that in reference to Epcot.....I don't think I'd survive it lol

Haymarket2008

What is their end game here? For real. What is their reasoning behind Guardians in Epcot? Guardians in DCA will eventually be a part of a Marvel Land. I disagree with the placement, but it at least makes some degree of long term sense. I cannot discern the Epcot situation.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'll just take today's version. I would rather sit in an old theater and hear about energy then whatever molded together crap they come up with to justify guardians being there
Another attraction for which a modicum of improvement could have helped tremendously. Of course, it still wouldn't help sell IP-themed merchandise....

Timothy_Q

Considering the IP options that seem to be on the table, I think Tron would be a better fit in Epcot and Guardians in Tomorrowland.

Tron is about tecnhnology, so you can kinda relate it to Epcot.
While Guardians is about space and aliens, which is basically the theme of MK's tomorrowland.

2351metalcloud

Merchandise? Capitalizing on a brand they continue to expand via movies, video games, etc.

.. and being relatable to people. No joke, on our last trip we overheard a family recalling their day at dinner and the eldest daughter said, "I didn't like EPCOT. I just graduated college, so I' done learn'n."

:banghead:

That's one quote in one instant in time, but it makes me wonder if the public's preference prefers it to be more entertainment than edutainment - and that's sad.

EPCOT never actually provided a high quality, in depth education on anything. Nothing seems to have gone beyond the depth of an American high school textbook and often it seemed like less than that. If people don't receive the information from the attractions at EPCOT (not including the method of presentation at EPCOT if it's possible to conceptually think of such), they aren't missing out on anything very amazing to an adult or anything that isn't currently information widely available from a number of sources.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Considering the IP options that seem to be on the table, I think Tron would be a better fit in Epcot and Guardians in Tomorrowland.

Tron is about tecnhnology, so you can kinda relate it to Epcot.
While Guardians is about space and aliens, which is basically the theme of MK's tomorrowland.

TRON is already in Epcot.

aladdin2007

TRON is already in Epcot.

yep TronTrack,,, really thats all they would have to do is rename it and a few other things, but show scenes wise its there in a sense, (style/theme etc). I cant believe Im saying this but I wouldn't mind that so much even though I dont want IPcot......I would like to know if the energy project would still be considered a "pavilion"? after all is said and done, or are they looking to ditch that aspect traditional concept of the park?....ps: is Kathy Mangum still lead show imagineer here? Or did she move on

RoysCabin

Not quite sure how Bill Nye doesn't qualify as a "science guy", given his training and multiple patents. I'd certainly love an update that tried something different there, but Nye himself hasn't been the issue.

Ellen is boring and Bill Nye has turned into an SJW. I wouldn't shed any tears if Universe of Energy got replaced

...was that seriously an unironic use of "SJW"? Woof.

Cake

Kman101

What is their end game here? For real. What is their reasoning behind Guardians in Epcot? Guardians in DCA will eventually be a part of a Marvel Land. I disagree with the placement, but it at least makes some degree of long term sense. I cannot discern the Epcot situation.

I don't think they have an "endgame", they're shoving IPs everywhere. I think our insiders have said they don't really care if they fit or not. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom