Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItlngrlBella

One wasn't IP driven. I'd say that would have been better.

IMO, IP's should NOT be in EPCOT. When discussing parks I prefer comparing it to its self, at different moments in time. EPCOT of my childhood was not IP driven - it was inspiring, educational and made you marvel about the future. As much as I love GotG, I'm hoping any new Energy incarnation is not IP driven. GoTG belongs in Tomorrowland or DHS.

Last edited:

jt04

IMO, IP's should not be in EPCOT. When discussing parks I prefer comparing it to its self, at different moments in time. EPCOT of my childhood was not IP driven - it was inspiring, educational and made you marvel about the future. As much as I love GotG, I'm hoping any new Energy incarnation is not IP driven. GoTG belongs in Tomorrowland or DHS.

Some would say sponsored pavilions are IPs that are corporate driven. I think there is room for both. Disney Springs demonstrates how a proper mix of Imagineering and independent companies can produce a winning formula.

jt04

Hm. So Guardians IS, in fact, happening? And if it isn't, then it sits there for however many more years?

Nah. I am sure they realize a coaster is a no lose option. My guess is Energy has run out of gas and that means something happens very soon. Sounds like they are considering several options. Looks like a coaster to me.

ItlngrlBella

Some would say sponsored pavilions are IPs that are corporate driven. I think there is room for both. Disney Springs demonstrates how a proper mix of Imagineering and independent companies can produce a winning formula.

When I was a child every pavilion had a corporate sponsor and it was not a themed Disney IP - I guess that is what I meant. I think you can still do edu-tainment without bringing characters into it. I just feel it's being "dumbed down." I guess from a merch-standpoint they can sell more if it's a Disney IP but I miss the pure edutainment that EPCOT did so well - I feel it's been lost at the front of the park.

ItlngrlBella

Gotcha. I guess I'm still curious as to what they would do if they choose to not move forward with a Guardians theme.

Merchandise? Capitalizing on a brand they continue to expand via movies, video games, etc.

.. and being relatable to people. No joke, on our last trip we overheard a family recalling their day at dinner and the eldest daughter said, "I didn't like EPCOT. I just graduated college, so I' done learn'n."

:banghead:

That's one quote in one instant in time, but it makes me wonder if the public's preference prefers it to be more entertainment than edutainment - and that's sad.

Goob

Any chance something pertaining to this or any other WDW goodies will be released at D23 this year?

clemmo

Any chance something pertaining to this or any other WDW goodies will be released at D23 this year?
I'd think that the Mickey GMR replacement should be announced and probably a recap of TSL and more details on SWL. Other than that they could announce RAT but they don't have to and I'm not sure if this is ready to be announced. The MK work and New country pavilion in Epcot aren't nearly ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom