Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

danheaton

Horizons is my favorite attraction of all time, but I do admit that crowds were low in the '90s. It was a little deceptive because the capacity was so high compared to attractions now. I think what it needed is technological updates, not updates to the future they showed. Adding new effects, updating the Omnisphere film, and maybe editing the script could have freshened it up for guests.

Goofyernmost

Horizons is my favorite attraction of all time, but I do admit that crowds were low in the '90s. It was a little deceptive because the capacity was so high compared to attractions now. I think what it needed is technological updates, not updates to the future they showed. Adding new effects, updating the Omnisphere film, and maybe editing the script could have freshened it up for guests.
There is an element of truth to that, however, the problem is that for the first years, there were lines out the doors and massive interior queues as well. That stopped by the 90's. Less desire to see them, for whatever reason people had, by then had become real. I cannot envision what changes might have been made that would have drawn people back into them. We can speculate, but since literally millions of people had never seen any of them before, I am at a loss to understand how, other then a change in cultural priorities, that demand would have been turned around. The capacity never really changed from when it was opened. If in the early years the lines stretched out the doors and later years they were almost a walk on (some were) that can only mean that fewer people were going to them. Seems pretty basic really.

SteamboatJoe

Inside Out would actually be a great vehicle to bring back Wonders of Life.

I've thought this as well. It would be a much better fit than Journey Into Your Imagination. I never thought Inside Out was a good fit for Journey. The most magical, imaginary thing the main character has ever created in her life is forgotten out of existence. Not a resounding endorsement for imagination. Feelings and emotions, on the other hand, are perfect for a life sciences building.

SteamboatJoe

Furthermore, we all see that IPs will drive the next wave of construction at Epcot- what IPs do you feel could enhance the mission of FW with an appropriate attraction?

WALL-E would be a start. It could teach us about taking care of the planet. While I would love to see an actual ride based on the movie, since The Land would probably be the best fit in terms of theme, putting a WALL-E theme show where the Lion King show is now would be relatively easy and cheap. Not exactly an E-ticket but it would help to freshen things up a bit and capitalize on a new(ish) IP.

Creathir

Not exactly.

GE pulled out. Disney upkeep was minimal. They looked for another sponsor. Compaq said they'd pay for a new thrill ride that's sure to be a hit. Disney said build it here, but pay to also clear the land first.

Not so simple.
Martin I just finished watching your Horizons tribute film.

Thank you for making this.

One of my very first memories of WDW is from my trip when I was 4 in 1988. I remember riding this ride as a young child and selecting the space ending with my Aunt and late Grandmother.

I was transported back in time because of this video.

Thank you.

Mission Space is fun, but Horizons was a treasure which NEVER should have been removed. What creativity and beauty.

I love Disney, but sometimes I'm at a loss of words for what on earth they are thinking at times.

The_Jobu

One of my very first memories of WDW is from my trip when I was 4 in 1988. I remember riding this ride as a young child and selecting the space ending with my Aunt and late Grandmother.

Thank you.

Mission Space is fun, but Horizons was a treasure which NEVER should have been removed. What creativity and beauty.

I love Disney, but sometimes I'm at a loss of words for what on earth they are thinking at times.

Little known fact: Heart originally wrote the song "Magic Man" about Martin.

FigmentJedi

I've thought this as well. It would be a much better fit than Journey Into Your Imagination. I never thought Inside Out was a good fit for Journey. The most magical, imaginary thing the main character has ever created in her life is forgotten out of existence. Not a resounding endorsement for imagination. Feelings and emotions, on the other hand, are perfect for a life sciences building.
Plus Bing Bong's kinda annoying anyway.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Thank you.

Thank you. But that edit is an embarrassingly old one now. It'll be replaced in July by a far better quality brand new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom