Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

FigmentJedi

Incorrect. Try googling Sunset Blvd Hyperion Studios.
Now that would be a fantastic facade for a classic Disney animation ride
74_big.jpg

orky8

And here's the version once proposed for Sunset Blvd. Where the "temporary" Market shacks still are. Oh look. There is an alternative to the GMR plot.

View attachment 182540

And the part I really don't understand is, relatively speaking, those are lightly themed and inexpensive structures to build, so why not address the capacity problem and ADD to the park. DHS doesn't need elabaorate and expense facades. It's not like avatarland, carsland, or even New Fantasyland where the exterior facades were a substantial part of the price.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And the part I really don't understand is, relatively speaking, those are lightly themed and inexpensive structures to build, so why not address the capacity problem and ADD to the park. DHS doesn't need elabaorate and expense facades. It's not like avatarland, carsland, or even New Fantasyland where the exterior facades where a substantial part of the price.
I could say exactly but then I'd be called a pessimist.

Haymarket2008

@marni1971 So if they're frustratingly not correctly prioritizing where they place their attractions (i.e. Mickey going into GMR), has anything been thought of to take that plot of land off Sunset Blvd? Anything that has gotten farther than the drawing room table, that is.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 So if they're frustratingly not correctly prioritizing where they place their attractions (i.e. Mickey going into GMR), has anything been thought of to take that plot of land off Sunset Blvd? Anything that has gotten farther than the drawing room table, that is.
So far, no.

Originally along the west side of Sunset it was Hyperion Studios / Mickeys Movieland closely followed by Roger Rabbits Hollywood. D ick Tracey's Crimestoppers would have been in a warehouse wharf setting where RnRC is today.

jt04

So far, no.

Originally along the west side of Sunset it was Hyperion Studios / Mickeys Movieland closely followed by Roger Rabbits Hollywood. D ick Tracey's Crimestoppers would have been in a warehouse wharf setting where RnRC is today.

Wait. I thought the GMR was being turned into a ride that would showcase the history of Disney movies/animation from Hyperion on. If it is supposed to be a Roger Rabbit-esque Toontown Mr Toad like D ticket with the fab 5, then I understand people objecting. It should be epic in scope.

ToTBellHop

Wait. I thought the GMR was being turned into a ride that would showcase the history of Disney movies/animation from Hyperion on. If it is supposed to be a Roger Rabbit-esque Toontown Mr Toad like D ticket with the fab 5, then I understand people objecting. It should be epic in scope.
As I understand it, it's not the history of movies with Mickey as your host.

doctornick

And here's the version once proposed for Sunset Blvd. Where the "temporary" Market shacks still are. Oh look. There is an alternative to the GMR plot.

View attachment 182540

If only. I love the idea of the Mickey ride, but am completely baffled as to why they don't put it elsewhere and actually increase park capacity if that is their main concern with Star Wars opening and the crowds it will bring.

Fox&Hound

Still excited for a Mickey ride, but like others, don't see why it could not go in the animation building unless they are just reusing GMR track and doing a reskin with Mickey (please no). I am still curious about the new direction of the park. In what scenario does GMR not fit? Yes it could be updated and still relevant. Add some animated movies. Take out the CM drivers and the whole dated gangster thing. Just don't throw it out. We need more rides, not replacements.

doctornick

Still excited for a Mickey ride, but like others, don't see why it could not go in the animation building unless they are just reusing GMR track and doing a reskin with Mickey (please no).

The problem with that plan would be that they want the Mickey ride to open along with (before?) Star Wars. Meanwhile, the old Animation building is currently being used for Star Wars Launch Bay and they are not going to close that until after the Star Wars land opens.

Putting the Mickey ride along Sunset would be great though. Or they could build it behind where the Indy stunt show building is (going into backstage and the parking lot) and then tear down Indy after TSL opens to provide access to the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom