Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Po'Rich

No man or woman was desiring a small town American main street USA with a Castle at the end of the street.
I argue that our desire for exactly this is what has made Disney so successful. We desire the nostalgia of the past that is represented in the small town American main street and the promise of success that is represented with the castle. WDW exists by providing the fantasy of a past that never was along with a success that never will be. For the mere price of admission, Disney invites guests (never customers) to live within that fantasy for a moment.

Goofyernmost

Quality at a fair price will always sell and be successful. "Giving the public what they want" is no guarantee of success.
Certainly not... but if you produce a product that they don't want see how successful are you? You will be bothered by much more then Jiminy. The crickets will be heard everywhere. You can give them what they want or even what they don't know they wanted, but, until realization sets in that they do want it, it will not be successful.

jt04

Only an idiot would assume that the reason.

Or an apologist.

You both should take off the blinders and take a long sober look at the new aerials of Pandora.

The word surreal does not do justice to the undertaking.

AMAZING!

Cesar R M

You see @marni1971 this is an example of my argument concerning how the original mission for Epcot cannot be duplicated at this time. We have entered into a brain dead social cycle. A cycle that sees no need to know things or to be even slightly knowledgeable about anything other then which turn to take to get to McDonalds. There is no longer a pocket in the human brain that has any curiosity beyond what the next program on TV, Action Sci Fi movie or special at Walmart will be tomorrow. I have never been so sad for this country in my whole life. I do, sadly, feel that I must accept it for the time being and what we get will be based on that very mind (or lack of mind) set that is the current trend.
Cant wait to see a guy infront of Epcot greeting people "Welcome to EPCOT, I LOVE YOU" while going to "Starbucks" for a "Late".

Cesar R M

If you want edutainment, then the answer is: planetariums (plural, because you'll need more than one dome for the throughput).

And here's the great thing about planetariums: they can be educational and entertaining.

And for those who want what's in Epcot to be different than what you can get elsewhere, and for the Disney brass that wants synergy, the good news is that a planetarium is basically a giant screen. The fan-favorite and commercially viable IPs can show up in the planetarium's show from Miles to Pigs in Space, to Guardians of the Galaxy.

Four domes the size of the one in NYC Museum of Natural History can fit inside the shell of Ellen's Energy. It can be a huge people eater.

Shows can change over time, or different shows be available the same day. Disney can buy off-the-shelf planetarium shows that exist and plus them, or, create their own (which they can then sell to other planetariums after an exclusivity period).

Situated between Planet Earth and Mission: Space, a planetarium would be the perfect thematically.
what a bout a carousel of progress type "ring" that rotates around, connecting each different planetarium show.

Ismael Flores

The two (soon to be three) festivals.

I was just about to say that the festivals seem to be the ones helping this park

I miss a lot of the original Epcot and hated seeing huge buildings gutted an left empty but I also remember that it was always a struggle trying to convince my family to spend more time in that park.
It was considered the boring park even though I loved going multiple times on every pavilion.

I remember rides like horizon and world of motion many times cycling vehicles empty or pavilions like wonders of life feeling like empty cavernous buildings at times.

Sadly the general population changed and most no longer wanted to go to a theme park for history lessons. I was actually amazed how the park was able to keep its attendance steady but I think much of that had to do with the world showcase and the entertainment that was constantly added. Once the festivals started the place came alive again but it seemed like the future world area started aging badly even more and I remember the shorter hours of that part of the park. Always seemed kind of odd for half the park to feel so empty

Last edited:

raymusiccity

Never understood why they let the park age so badly without adding more countries and attractions attached to them or even updating the film footage in the edutainment pavilions in future world

Probably because the old model of sponsors stepping up to the plate, funding new expansion has faded away. New countries and attractions are muy expensivo !! :)

Goofyernmost

Probably because the old model of sponsors stepping up to the plate, funding new expansion has faded away. New countries and attractions are muy expensivo !! :)
And no matter which one that was chosen without supplemental financing from outside sources would be considered insulting to countries that didn't get the free added attention. Politically a nightmare.

raymusiccity

Regarding year round festivals at Epcot, we're pretty much nearing that point already. Flower and Garden and Food and Wine already make up half the year. Add in Holidays around the World and that's another 40 days.

All the rest of the days can be filled in with Happy Unbirthday Celebrations. Problem solved!

image.jpeg

jt04

Without sounding condescending I know a lot more about this project than you do.

It has nothing to do with the mess of Epcot. Which is the topic of conversation.

Except that they are quite unlikely to tackle such a major project while three lands are in development plus planning for the 50th. BTW, 2 of the new lands are the largest ever built at a Disney park. I'd say they have as much on their plate as they can handle at the moment.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
what a bout a carousel of progress type "ring" that rotates around, connecting each different planetarium show.

Ah, I forgot how some people don't like an attraction unless it is a 'ride'. :p

Sure, have the seating spin. Or, use the Ellen's people movers and have them go from room to room for each segment of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom