Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt04

You have Dale Cooper as an avatar and you figured out jt as a relative newbie. I like you. Welcome.

There is something to figure out? Anyone who thinks that is mistaken.

My only agenda is reality concerning Disney fantasy.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
They have no choice but to lean toward the desires of the people that they are depending on for financial support.
So explain how Epcot remains to be profitable? Could they make more money by throwing princesses and characters into every attraction? Probly. Could they make a profit by creating unique experiences not found elsewhere? We already they can because that is exactly what they did when they designed DL and even WDW. The parks were not designed by "the desires of the people they are depending on for financial support". They were designed with creativity and uniqueness, and of experiences people had no idea were possible. No man or woman was desiring a small town American main street USA with a Castle at the end of the street.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
There is something to figure out? Anyone who thinks that is mistaken.

My only agenda is reality concerning Disney fantasy.
JT, I actually respect the fact that you never threaten to put people on ignore (at least Ive never seen you say it). I respect that you respond to people who fire shots at you (myself included). But you have to admit, or at least recognize that you make vague and widespread predictions that practically apply to anything, then claim a victory of "I knew it all along".

I bet your not a bad dude to have a few beers with. I appreciate opposing views and you never seem to get hostile. I would just like to see a real response that applies specifically to an issue, not a broad spectrum analysis.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
True, but there seems to be a large majority (here and other forums) that are staunchly against "drunkey town", yet they still visit.
Forum members don't make a majority though.

Without the food n booze debacles the parks annuals would be diasterous. TWDC acknowledges this internally hence the major planned projects for the park.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

Without the food n booze debacles the parks annuals would be diasterous. TWDC acknowledges this internally hence the major planned projects for the park.
I wasnt aware that the festivals prop it up that much. Thanks for the info. Was Epcot even profitable throughout its first decade?

lazyboy97o

I wasnt aware that the festivals prop it up that much. Thanks for the info. Was Epcot even profitable throughout its first decade?
Despite the story that the huge costs to build EPCOT Center sunk the finances of Walt Disney Productions, the company never actually became unprofitable. Despite recurring losses at the Studio the theme parks remained so profitable that they kept the company as a whole profitable.

jt04

They have been a bit busy elsewhere including DAK and DHS. As you know.

All in good time and as the board permits. All in good time.

lazyboy97o

Yet we have posters here who continue to argue Epcot Center was unsustainable and unpopular, that the park "had to change direction" to give the people what they wanted.

Don't you just love revisionist history. :banghead:
Unfortunately it is a story that even Disney repeats. EPCOT Center was the scapegoat reason for why Roy had to "save" Disney in 1984.

jt04

JT, I actually respect the fact that you never threaten to put people on ignore (at least Ive never seen you say it). I respect that you respond to people who fire shots at you (myself included). But you have to admit, or at least recognize that you make vague and widespread predictions that practically apply to anything, then claim a victory of "I knew it all along".

I bet your not a bad dude to have a few beers with. I appreciate opposing views and you never seem to get hostile. I would just like to see a real response that applies specifically to an issue, not a broad spectrum analysis.

Thanks very much. I have always been about the 'big picture' and analyzing systematically. But if I get a specific question I answer the best I can. Not an insider nor do I know or are associated with anyone with such knowledge. Never claimed insider knowledge either.

But really, they have fixed or will soon fix all the major deficiencies at WDW. Which will leave me nothing left to say. Except "way to go TDO". Or something like it.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
. Which will leave me nothing left to say. Except "way to go TDO". Or something like it.
Considering how long it has taken TDO to even address the problems, let alone begin the utterly glacial time frame to fix it, doesnt that thought process align with the old saying, "even a broken clock is right twice a day"?

flyerjab

Winter Festival is my bet. Christmas Festival perhaps.

Isn't that kind of happening now? Aren't there more food booths present during Christmas time this year already?

I can only say that I honestly enjoy both the F&G and F&W festivals at Epcot. We avoid weekends and evenings though, especially for F&W as that can get a bit out of hand. And for the record, I have an autoimmune disease that renders my body unable to drink alcohol (I will end up in ER if i drink so much as one beer), so I mainly look forward to the food.

If they did expand during the Holiday months (November through mid-January), I probably wouldn't mind that at all. I like that this park has the ability to slightly morph into a different experience in the Spring, Summer or Autumn. If they really add to the festival feel that is already prevalent during the Holidays, we would really enjoy that. And now, IF big changes are allowed to happen to both FW and WS in terms of rides, attractions and aesthetic improvements, Epcot V 3.0 does sound like it could be a big improvement over V 2.0.

Goofyernmost

So explain how Epcot remains to be profitable? Could they make more money by throwing princesses and characters into every attraction? Probly. Could they make a profit by creating unique experiences not found elsewhere? We already they can because that is exactly what they did when they designed DL and even WDW. The parks were not designed by "the desires of the people they are depending on for financial support". They were designed with creativity and uniqueness, and of experiences people had no idea were possible. No man or woman was desiring a small town American main street USA with a Castle at the end of the street.
If it is profitable, and I'll have to take your word for it because, unlike yourself, apparently, I have no inside connection with the Accounting department, so I don't know how "profitable" Epcot currently is. I do know that in order to stay profitable any organization (I refrained from saying Business cause I know how sensitive the country is to the truth) they must stay at least running along side of, if not in front of the market. (meaning give the public what they want). You are correct that is the way it was designed, however, things change. What worked back then does not mean success today. The graveyards are filled with the corpses of things that didn't change in time.

montyz81

Yes. It was at its most profitable and popular through the 80s.

It has never got back to that level since.
I would argue that the world is different then it was in 1980s. Options in Orlando alone are far greater then 1980. I am an Epcot Center purist, but I just can't see how you can compare the 80s EC attendance vs current day Epcot attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom