Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianLo

7O2FM6I.gif

PorterRedkey

It'll still have the Hollywood theming upfront and will continue specifically celebrate the world of cinema. Do you honestly think that SWL would be a good fit for MK? I can assure you that the park will carry out a similar mission statement, but in the form of a full on theme park rather than that of a half theme park/ half long dead working studio.
I don't think SWL would fit MK. However, as it is now DHS is the catch-all, for IP-based attractions. All IP's are movies so it fits in DHS.
I wish DHS could be the acquired IP park, (Pixar, Lucas, Marvel), but with GotG going to Epcot all hope is lost.

I liked it when Disney World had themed parks, not just themed attractions. When I walk down Sunset Blvd and find an authentic hotel, I get goosebumps, when I step to the left somehow Aerosmith is there.

Epcot/Future World needs innovation and technology, not IP's.

RSoxNo1

They can still do it right. If they choose to.

GOTG could be a high capacity ride they park needs, with the original FW theme, and Edutainment.

If they choose to.
Actually, Guardians needs to be a high demand average capacity ride. Something in the 1800 Guest per hour area. If it's too efficient it won't serve the purpose of drawing crowds away from Frozen.

lazyboy97o

It is amazing that it is so difficult for so many to grasp the idea that theme is not just sort of looking somewhat similar.

"Speaking of 'our day' as people of limited intelligence generally do, imagining that they have discovered and evaluated the peculiarities of 'our day' and that human characteristics change with the times."
— War and Peace

RSoxNo1

They wouldn't appreciate it. If it doesn't have a kewl movie tie-in, then they don't care.

Walt's park is being partially destroyed to shove Star Wars into it. It doesn't get any worse than that.
Am I correct to assume that your Star Wars in Disneyland objection is the amount of space it's taking up? Did you have any issues with Star Tours or Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland?

RSoxNo1

You guys also have to realize that what people find entertaining has changed. Disney has to adapt or die. Gotg will bring in more money than Universe of Energy, An updated, modern Misson Space could bring more money than Horizons did.

Disney is a publicly traded company and their 1# goal is about making money.
Why is it that many of the most popular and dare I say "classic" attractions don't have an intellectual property tied to them? Imagineers do some of their best work with a blank piece of paper.

MotherOfBirds

If Future World is stale, then the solution is retheming. Create a new concept that will allow for the old attractions and the new without sacrificing cohesiveness. Give it a makeover, but preferably one with more forethought than Tomorrowland. Of course, this would mean spending money on things that don't directly bring in revenue, so I won't hold my breath.

Donaldfan1934

I don't think SWL would fit MK. However, as it is now DHS is the catch-all, for IP-based attractions. All IP's are movies so it fits in DHS.
I wish DHS could be the acquired IP park, (Pixar, Lucas, Marvel), but with GotG going to Epcot all hope is lost.

I liked it when Disney World had themed parks, not just themed attractions. When I walk down Sunset Blvd and find an authentic hotel, I get goosebumps, when I step to the left somehow Aerosmith is there.

Epcot/Future World needs innovation and technology, not IP's.
Totally agree. We as fans need to make our voices loud and clear that we love the parks because of their strong differences and don't want them to become uniform, soulless storage sheds where theme no longer matters.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

You guys are acting like Disney owes you something. The only group of people they do owe are the shareholders.
These decisions make Disney parks feel more like a business and less like a place where we can escape reality. The more people defend Disney by saying, "they're a business", the more they feel like a business.

When you have been loyal to anything for as long as the people on these boards have been loyal to Disney there is a sense of ownership. Without catering to the fans they will damage both the fans and the shareholders.

JohnD

There sure is a lot of the sky is falling over a rumor that hasn't been confirmed yet. I believe @marni1971 that something is coming. Has GOTG been confirmed? No. Take a breath, people.

RSoxNo1

Who said GOTG won't be high quality? Frozen is great quality and will for sure make Epcot tons of money.
Quality has little to do with our argument. In a vacuum Frozen Ever After is a well done ride. Of course when you factor in the thematic break and operational nightmare it's the worst attraction decision in the history of Walt Disney World. That's not hyperbole. That's not opinion. That's a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom